NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If #102 TB who went missing in 1987 was murdered within say 6 months of his disappearance, and then buried where the remains were found, (if him), then dug up by animals around 1991, would that fit with the evidence? Would that be possible?

If #102 TB who went missing in 1987 was murdered within say 6 months of his disappearance, and then buried where the remains were found, (if him), then dug up by animals around 1991, would that fit with the evidence? Would that be possible?

No I don't think so. The time of death was determined by Texas State university to be somewhere between 4 and 14 months prior to discovery. So that would be between January and November 1991.

I wonder if this campsite looked "long term". If not, I wouldn't think JD to be a fugitive, merely an outdoorsman.
But, if it were long term, this area seems like a perfect place to set-up camp in order to evade capture.

I wish that LEO could have the opportunity to have a sketch done over the skull or a 3D animation of the skull and facial features.

I wonder if this campsite looked "long term". If not, I wouldn't think JD to be a fugitive, merely an outdoorsman.
But, if it were long term, this area seems like a perfect place to set-up camp in order to evade capture.

I may be wrong but I think that mmarty suggested that they don't think that it is actually a campsite at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I thought that's what he said.

I think he also said they plan to have a reconstruction done after the remains come back from testing.

Here is Godwin's FBI most wanted poster:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/glen-stewart-godwin

I do not find him on Namus, I have no information on dentals or dna but I assume fingerprints were taken (not that it helps much in this case).

259) Godwin, Glen S 6’0 black/gray DOB 1958 MSG 1991 (p1836,1837, 1838) No Namus: unk dental/dna on FBI’s Most Wanted list

Fugitives generally won't be in Namus or any of the other missing persons sites. Because they are assumed to have left willingly to avoid prosecution, most LE units won't take a missing persons report for them.

I’ve been thinking...if TSB turns out to be this UID found in Wellington, NV, then it would be obvious that he didn't meet with foul play back in 1987 (when his truck was discovered abandoned). Investigators have said that testing on the remains found in NV shows that the deceased had died sometime in 1991. Which leaves roughly 4 years, then, before his death (if this is TSB).

Here's a theory I'm playing with, though. I'm thinking about what his sister has said about his life at that time (posts 2 and 4 in this thread). Say because of all those big debts, and because he wasn't going to be able to see his daughter, anyway, he decided it might be advantageous to disappear and make it look like he'd met with foul play. So while enroute to CA with JD, he leaves his big rig running at a public rest stop, takes the cash out of his wallet, and leaves it and his identification and personal items in the truck so he'd come up "missing." Possibly the two of them are met at the rest stop by a third party who takes them into CA, where he obtains a new (fake) ID.

That way the people who were after him for all those unpaid debts might back off, and he could continue whatever he was doing undisturbed--possibly drug-running, and possibly with JD and/or associates (at least according to his sister's post).

So he gets a fresh stab at anonymity, perhaps gets a new ID, and carries on. Then, sometime in 1991 his past catches up with him, or his new associates turn on him for a deal gone bad, etc., killing him and dumping his remains there in NV. The stabbing multiple times appears to be a more 'personal' killing,' perhaps in retaliation for imagined or real double-dealing. This part of NV appears to have a long-standing problem with drug-dealing, according to the comments from area residents on the LCSO FBk page.

I’ve been thinking...if TSB turns out to be this UID found in Wellington, NV, then it would be obvious that he didn't meet with foul play back in 1987 (when his truck was discovered abandoned). Investigators have said that testing on the remains found in NV shows that the deceased had died sometime in 1991. Which leaves roughly 4 years, then, before his death (if this is TSB).

Here's a theory I'm playing with, though. I'm thinking about what his sister has said about his life at that time (post 2 in this thread). Say because of all those big debts, and because he wasn't going to be able to see his daughter, anyway, he decided it might be advantageous to disappear and make it look like he'd met with foul play. So while enroute to CA with JD, he leaves his big rig running at a public rest stop, takes the cash out of his wallet, and leaves it and his identification and personal items in the truck so he'd come up "missing." Possibly the two of them are met at the rest stop by a third party who takes them into CA, where he obtains a new (fake) ID.

That way the people who were after him for all those unpaid debts might back off, and he could continue whatever he was doing undisturbed--possibly drug-running, and possibly with JD and/or associates (at least according to his sister's post).

So he gets a fresh stab at anonymity, perhaps gets a new ID, and carries on. Then, sometime in 1991 his past catches up with him, or his new associates turn on him for a deal gone bad, etc., killing him and dumping his remains there in NV. The stabbing multiple times appears to be a more 'personal' killing,' perhaps in retaliation for imagined or real double-dealing. This part of NV appears to have a long-standing problem with drug-dealing, according to the comments from area residents on the LCSO FBk page.
I'm in with this theory. I do think it is him. JMO

I am pretty sure we ruled out Thomas Blake based on DNA, need to go back through my notes (I thought I posted him as a rule out on here). My partner and I have been both working other cases, as well as this one, and haven't been on here in a few days. Keep the theories coming. We appreciate all of your hard work.

mmarty, the last I saw (#1804) he was still in the list as having no DNA/dental on file, so we figured it all was pending. But hoping to hear definitively!

Okay Is anyone else missing post history? I was going to pick up at my last post but that is not an option .At least not that way.
I know off topic .

The board has been a little glitchy the past couple of days and was down last night for awhile.

This one is a real long shot from Canada:

263) Kwiatek, William 5’11 brown (age 43/88) (p1857) hole in skull from halo brace No Namus entry, unk dental/dna

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/10/2...red-while-hitchhiking-from-canmore-to-calgary

He was 5-ft.-11, and 221 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes, glasses, a scar on his head from drill holes from a halo brace he wore following a fall from a ladder

call RCMP Canmore at (403) 678-5519.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tek-Canmore-AB-July-1988-reported-August-2013

I apologize if anyone has mentioned this already, but have you considered that the UID might be a foreigner on vacation in the US? The Heavenly Lake Tahoe-hat seems to suggest that it was a tourist. Have you (mmarty and Icsodetectives) reached out to Interpol? They may have a list of tourists who went missing in the US in 1991.. Anyways, keep up the good work, detectives :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine