Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

92c15927-ad5f-453c-aada-f28ca07b2bd0-jpeg.298527
630eebc4-96e6-4781-a856-c8a693f05dfb-John_Doe.png

Rest in peace, Vincent Marion Trapp.

Wow, the reconstructions are spot on.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to share this info now! 2 hours ago this John Doe was made public to request the public's assistance. His name is Vincent Trapp. He was my mother's cousin. Here is a link to the press release

If that doesn't show up, just look up the Lyons county sheriff page. There's pics of him. Thank you all for working so hard to help give him his name back!

My deepest condolences to your family on their loss.

So thankful Vincent got his name back. I worked for months on this case with so many others trying to help LEO identify him. So extremely thankful for CeCe Moore and Parabon labs for leading us to his rightful name and family. He also deserves to have his murder solved and perpetrators brought to justice. There is a whole village of people who want this case resolved to the finish. Also shout out to LEO who reached out to Websleuths and Parabon and never gave up on him!

I just checked "The List" and it appears Mr. Trapp was not on it. We searched for months trying to find this man's identity. The former LEO's were very involved in trying to solve this case and I am forever grateful that they reached out to WS for help. Thanks again to all who tried so hard many years ago and the family members who attempted to complete their genealogy allowing LEO to backtrack DNA. Looking back on the lists of names and info it makes me wonder how many of them are still unidentified. I hope their families are able to find answers as well.

The List *NO DISCUSSION* (websleuths.com)
Hi, @wenwe4 . Yep, you developed that fantastic list. Yep, we searched for months. It seems, though, this thread doesn't have all the material. IIRC @carbuff , you, and I, plus a few others, researched every single missing red-head over, what?, 6' tall? We had a separate thread for each possibility that hadn't been eliminated... I had to stop after I landed on a grotesque serial murderer in that demographic who had escaped from prison; IIRC he brutalized and cannibalized his victims (or some such), and I was getting nightmares.
There was another factoid that may help in finding a suspect for the Sand Canyon murder. LE gave use some technical info from a new ID technique they're using that had to do with isotopes. They could identify what region he had been in. Do you recall that?

I wonder why Vincent Trapp never made it to the list? Maybe he was too short?

Hi, @wenwe4 . Yep, you developed that fantastic list. Yep, we searched for months. It seems, though, this thread doesn't have all the material. IIRC @carbuff , you, and I, plus a few others, researched every single missing red-head over, what?, 6' tall? We had a separate thread for each possibility that hadn't been eliminated... I had to stop after I landed on a grotesque serial murderer in that demographic who had escaped from prison; IIRC he brutalized and cannibalized his victims (or some such), and I was getting nightmares.
There was another factoid that may help in finding a suspect for the Sand Canyon murder. LE gave use some technical info from a new ID technique they're using that had to do with isotopes. They could identify what region he had been in. Do you recall that?

I wonder why Vincent Trapp never made it to the list? Maybe he was too short?

It looks like everything is still in our forum: Sand Canyon John Doe

Do we know that Mr. Trapp was reported missing? On a quick search, I didn't see him in Doenetwork, Charley, or any of the archives.

I have the impression that it had something to do with drugs... the trafficker doesn't care if the vehicle appears or is left in a river or cliff, he just wants revenge... although there is very little information about him, although it is only an idea I'm not trying to offend anyone...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong