NY NY- 1 UncMale, and 2 UncFems, all 18+, UP5984/UP5985/UP5986, skeletal remains found in one dumpster, possibly died in the 80s. October 2001.

cheemsg

Reaction score
A truly bizarre NamUs listing, surprised there's no thread on this. Sorry if I missed a thread that already existed.
The skeletal remains of three different people were found in a dumpster in front of an abandoned building in NYC. All are listed as having died between 1980-2000.

An adult male with no exact age range. It seems only his skull was found.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A woman aged 55-85. Head not recovered. Estimated height of 5'1.

A woman with the age range 18-50. It seems only her skull was found.

Chance they could be speciems that were sold at some poiny?
I hope they consult with these sellers, as it seems like there are a few in NYC

"Not one of these people could actually reference any law restricting non-native bone trade within NY state! There are plenty of vendors who sell human parts in NYC, including Evolution, Maxilla and Mandible, Obscura Antiques, and there are flea markets at the Morbid Anatomy Museum. Most of these people are very public about their business, and I don’t imagine that they all source exclusively in-state,"

Read More: What!? It Appears You Can Legally Own Human Bones in New York | What!? It Appears You Can Legally Own Human Bones in New York

"Not one of these people could actually reference any law restricting non-native bone trade within NY state! There are plenty of vendors who sell human parts in NYC, including Evolution, Maxilla and Mandible, Obscura Antiques, and there are flea markets at the Morbid Anatomy Museum. Most of these people are very public about their business, and I don’t imagine that they all source exclusively in-state,"

Read More: What!? It Appears You Can Legally Own Human Bones in New York | What!? It Appears You Can Legally Own Human Bones in New York
Thank you for this insight. I wish we knew more about the whole weird event. I wish the DNA doe project or something could take a look at this.

A truly bizarre NamUs listing, surprised there's no thread on this. Sorry if I missed a thread that already existed.
The skeletal remains of three different people were found in a dumpster in front of an abandoned building in NYC. All are listed as having died between 1980-2000.

An adult male with no exact age range. It seems only his skull was found.

A woman aged 55-85. Head not recovered. Estimated height of 5'1.

A woman with the age range 18-50. It seems only her skull was found.
For the 55-85 year old woman the only possible match I could find for her would be Irene Silverman.

For the 55-85 year old woman the only possible match I could find for her would be Irene Silverman.

For the other 2 remainders I was looking for possible matches and I found this:

Michael Sullivan

Camden Anne Sylvia

These are definitely possible matches.

Camden and Michael are very intriguing. I assume the bodies must have gone missing at the same time. Do you think the 55-85 year old woman is actually another part of the woman (or Camden) that was falsely estimated as another, older person? Like what happened with Patrica Campbell?

Last edited:
My first thought was that they were perhaps squatting in the abandoned building, but the fact that three bodies were found throws me off. I also wonder how long the building had been abandoned prior to the discovery of the bodies—was it recently abandoned or had the property been vacant for decades? Was it a residential building? Or mixed-use/commercial? If the latter, what type of businesses occupied the space?

Wouldn’t medical people be able to recognize specimens?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back