NY - 10 dead, 3 critical after mass shooting at a Buffalo supermarket, 14 May 2022 *Guilty*

Employees from the Tops Market where the mass shooting happened in Buffalo say the suspected gunman was in their store back around Easter.

Rose told 2 On Your Side's Michael Wooten it was some point before Easter, when the 18-year-old came into the store.

She says he asked her what she was doing there, and made a suggestion she should be in the suburbs.

When she told him she loved her job, co-workers, and the community. She says he used a slur.
Rose thought he was a racist jerk, and just went about doing her job. Looking back, she's even more disgusted than in that moment.
"He told me that I didn't belong there," said Rose Wisocki, Tops Produce Manager. "I just don't understand how he could have so much hatred in his heart for such wonderful people. The whole community is wonderful."

Employees from the Tops Market where the mass shooting happened in Buffalo say the suspected gunman was in their store back around Easter.

Rose told 2 On Your Side's Michael Wooten it was some point before Easter, when the 18-year-old came into the store.

She says he asked her what she was doing there, and made a suggestion she should be in the suburbs.

When she told him she loved her job, co-workers, and the community. She says he used a slur.
Rose thought he was a racist jerk, and just went about doing her job. Looking back, she's even more disgusted than in that moment.
"He told me that I didn't belong there," said Rose Wisocki, Tops Produce Manager. "I just don't understand how he could have so much hatred in his heart for such wonderful people. The whole community is wonderful."

I’m assuming Rose is white?

I’m assuming Rose is white?

Yes she is

@wgrzMichael

Two employees at the Buffalo supermarket where 10 people were killed just told me the suspect was there a month before the attack... shortly before Easter. Produce manager Rose says he questioned why a white woman worked there. She’s talked to detectives.

Attachments

• 13112CA4-64E0-466F-ADEE-2136EBC7F20F.jpeg
    13112CA4-64E0-466F-ADEE-2136EBC7F20F.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 9
I just get angrier and angrier about this.

I don't want to hear another word about the shooter, or his motive (hint: it starts with H and rhymes with HATE).

I can't even imagine the rage I would feel if he'd killed one of my loved ones and the press is all wringing their hands over what went wrong in his life.

Cold-blooded killers DESERVE no sympathy.

Their victims do. Their victims who were trying to do good in the world and were killed because of their skin color.

What has my country become?

Last edited:
But there are many, many kids his age in the US who are subject to abuse on social media and much greater pressure under more difficult circumstances who don't turn into mass murderers. This young male killer doesn't seem to be the type for risk of suicide. He reached his goal, accomplished what he wanted.

There's something different in the psyche of young males who commit these atrocities. Something makes them view other people as lesser than them, as not deserving of the same rights and privileges. Not all young men under pressure turn into psychopaths who spend much time and effort to kill as many people as possible. It doesn't seem to be a problem of poor self-esteem, but too much entitlement and a social media echo chamber in which to amplify those beliefs. They think that the world and others in it are inferior and need to bend to their wants and beliefs.

JMO, they're not victims, they're dangerous, egotistical predators who think their lives are more valuable and important than those of others. Perhaps its similar to the cult-like brainwashing that produced the Hitler Youth and similar groups throughout history.

JMO
I totally agree. This young guy was not mentally ill in my opinion and is not a victim of coronavirus lockdown or bullying or whatever other excuses people are pulling out of a hat. It is fear of and hatred towards people of colour and a feeling of superiority over them. Until we who are white face this ugly reality square on, the spread of great replacement theory will continue to poison our society.

I totally agree. This young guy was not mentally ill in my opinion and is not a victim of coronavirus lockdown or bullying or whatever other excuses people are pulling out of a hat. It is fear of and hatred towards people of colour and a feeling of superiority over them. Until we who are white face this ugly reality square on, the spread of great replacement theory will continue to poison our society.

Of course he wasn't mentally ill, going by the legal definition.

He knew right from wrong, and he went for wrong.

What a hateful person. He's probably proud of what he did. I hope he enjoys spending the rest of his life behind bars. JMO

I don’t disagree with you at all re the toxicity of racial discrimination or how important it is that we each do everything we can to end it. Unfortunately, another ugly reality is this individual, like too many others, is likely fueled by the adrenalin of hate in general and the heady sense of superority that accompanies it. Not to mention the feeling of “belonging” he gets when ranting with others re their shared hated.

He’s chosen to hate black people but I suspect whatever peverse benefits he gets from hating are more important to him than any actual target. Latinos, Episcopaliens, democrats, republicans, LGBTQ, New Jersey-ites, immigrants, females, single mothers, police officers, insurance agents, left handers or people driving red cars — any group could become a suitable target as long as there plenty of angry fanatics to join who hate them too. Unfortunately social media makes them very easy to find.

We need to figure out how to stamp out this “benefit of hate” or the violence will keep getting worse.

JMO

Family members of the Buffalo shooting suspect say they believe the pandemic and its enforced isolation took its toll on the shooter's mental health which ultimately led to last weekend's horrific actions.

'I don't understand the racist thing, because my family is the farthest thing from racist. I've never heard a racist comment from him, from his parents. It's almost like he just snapped. Something in him broke. The whole family is in shock.'

Another couple who know the Grendon's have told how they were completely surprised that their son was the shooter.

'When I first heard that this happened … I actually had a different picture in my mind of who the family was — some family living in a trailer park some place in the outskirts, the family with their AR-15s,' said Cathy and Jerry Kozlowsk.

'You try your best as a parent. Something went wrong,' Jerry, 74, said. 'Parents miss stuff. You try as a parent the best you can. I'm sure they did. I'm grasping what happened to this young man. Why? What possesses you to go out and buy a device that is going to do that to people?'

Wife, Cathy, also shared her concerns over the family's future.

'Pam and Paul and the boys — I can't imagine what that family is going through right now.

'For Paul to face going back to work, for Pam to face going back to work, for the boys to face going to school, it's not going to happen, at least right away. Maybe they'll have to move somewhere else, because they're going to get nothing but hate
BBM

This right here is what is wrong with people in general. (I'm tired of people.) And this is how stuff happens. JMO

The suspect in the Buffalo supermarket massacre purchased the primary weapon allegedly used in the shooting — a used Bushmaster XM-15 semiautomatic rifle — from a licensed dealer near his hometown but said he then illegally modified the gun so he could use a high-capacity magazine...

He also recounted how he acquired two backup weapons: a Mossberg 500 shotgun that he purchased in early December and a Savage Axis XP bolt-action rifle that he received from his father as a Christmas present when he was 16 years old...

He wrote that he used his father’s power drill to remove a state-mandated lock that prevented the attachment of magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

He deliberately loaded heavier rounds to penetrate glass at the front of the supermarket where he expected a security guard would be keeping watch. He then loaded lighter rounds deeper in the magazine so he could use them to target shoppers and other victims in the store. Lighter bullets travel faster and can tumble through bodies more easily, causing maximum damage as they yaw through flesh.

<modsnip> ... here's a piece from the Guardian that goes into some of the planning that likely went into this attack:

The white gunman accused of the massacre of 10 Black people at a Buffalo supermarket wrote as far back as November about staging a livestreamed attack on African Americans. He also practised shooting from his car and traveled hours to scout out the store in March, according to diary entries he appears to have posted online.

The diary includes tallies of the number of Black people he counted there. It came to light two days after 18-year-old Payton Gendron allegedly opened fire with an AR-15-style rifle at the Tops Friendly Market. He was wearing a helmet camera to livestream the shootings on the internet, authorities said.

Last edited by a moderator:
This article says that this killer exhibits signs of eco-facism. In the same way that the Christchurch mass killer did, and the El Paso mass killer did.

The Buffalo suspect calls himself an “eco-fascist” and blames migration for harm to the environment in the document posted online.

This invocation of eco-fascism, or green racism, echoes that of a white nationalist who killed 51 people in Christchurch, New Zealand, in 2019.
“The invaders are the ones over-populating the world,” the Christchurch murderer wrote in his own manifesto. “Kill the invaders, kill the overpopulation and by doing so save the environment.”

Betsy Hartmann, an expert in the environment and migration at Hampshire College ....... “It’s extremely frightening. Eco-fascism has always been a part of white supremacy, even going back to Hitler, but it would seem to me in white supremacist circles it’s becoming a more accepted part of the ideology. It’s not an outlier any more.”

Last edited:

He ticks the boxes for a serial killer.

In a diary-like entry that apparently originated on the messaging platform Discord, Gendron said he spotted the stray attacking his family’s cat in the garage and repeatedly stabbed the animal. He wrote that he bashed its skull against concrete and chopped off its head with a hatchet. He shared a photo of the body, decapitated and bloodied.
“I called my mom and she gave me a box and I dug a shallow grave in the backyard,” he wrote on March 25, per the newspaper. “Honestly right now I don’t feel anything about killing that cat. I thought I would be in pain but I literally just feel blank.”

He ticks the boxes for a serial killer.

In a diary-like entry that apparently originated on the messaging platform Discord, Gendron said he spotted the stray attacking his family’s cat in the garage and repeatedly stabbed the animal. He wrote that he bashed its skull against concrete and chopped off its head with a hatchet. He shared a photo of the body, decapitated and bloodied.
“I called my mom and she gave me a box and I dug a shallow grave in the backyard,” he wrote on March 25, per the newspaper. “Honestly right now I don’t feel anything about killing that cat. I thought I would be in pain but I literally just feel blank.”

Or maybe the evaluation wasn't completed or improperly done. We'll probably learn more in the weeks to come, but the guy has severe issues. He certainly sounds like a psychopath, very much in control of his own behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back