NY - 10 dead, 3 critical after mass shooting at a Buffalo supermarket, 14 May 2022 *Guilty*

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with their mental faculties. These mass shooters simply have a different worldview, one that they believe must be achieved through violence.

It is a crisis of mental health. Boys’ suicide rate goes from only slightly more than girls before age 15 to three times that of girls’ between 15 and 19, to 4 1/2 times that of girls between 20 and 24. Mass shooters, prisoners and Islamic State terrorism recruits are at least 90% male.

The manifesto itself will be scoured for evidence of what motivated Gendron. I myself appear in the manifesto, in an image of CNN hosts and analysts labeled as Jews. But Gendron’s hatred isn’t specific to me, just as we are unlikely to find that there is anything particularly interesting about him. We are likely to find that he, actually, isn’t that special. He’s just part of a pack.

Two months before Payton Gendron allegedly killed 10 people at a supermarket in Buffalo, he was confronted by a security guard at the store during a trip on which he compiled detailed plans of the location, according to a document posted online last month by a writer who identified himself as Gendron.
“I’ve seen you go in and out … What are you doing?” the guard told Gendron on March 8, according to an account in the document. Gendron replied that he was “collecting consensus data” before making excuses and leaving for his car, according to the account, adding: “In hindsight that was a close call.”

The Post obtained a copy of a speeding ticket issued to Gendron by a New York state trooper that day that matches those details.

Several images, including detailed sketches of the Tops store layout, were included alongside the written account of the March 8 visit. It noted that there were “many blacks” at the cashier’s area of the store

Two months before Payton Gendron allegedly killed 10 people at a supermarket in Buffalo, he was confronted by a security guard at the store during a trip on which he compiled detailed plans of the location, according to a document posted online last month by a writer who identified himself as Gendron.
“I’ve seen you go in and out … What are you doing?” the guard told Gendron on March 8, according to an account in the document. Gendron replied that he was “collecting consensus data” before making excuses and leaving for his car, according to the account, adding: “In hindsight that was a close call.”

The Post obtained a copy of a speeding ticket issued to Gendron by a New York state trooper that day that matches those details.

Several images, including detailed sketches of the Tops store layout, were included alongside the written account of the March 8 visit. It noted that there were “many blacks” at the cashier’s area of the store

Wow… I wonder if that security guard was the one he murdered? :( This is just incomprehensible honestly.

SBM/BBM

The shooting suspect remains on suicide watch.

“We have an Erie County sheriff's jail deputy watching him at all times,” he said. “We also have video cameras in his cell and he's in a unit with no commingling with other incarcerated individuals.”
The shooting suspect has met with his legal team, Garcia said, adding that the sheriff's office is making sure that “justice is served and he has legal representation like everybody deserves. In this country we're innocent until proven guilty, so we are making sure that they spend as much time as needed.”

Garcia said there have been no family requests to visit the shooter while in custody.

I think it’s a crisis in society as well. I’m not taking a stand for or against but COVID regulations did not bring out the best in people as an example. And for some people it was all or nothing - and that can lead to an all or nothing attitude about everything. Why can’t we just be respectful to each other? But maybe society has always been like this… I don’t know. The availability of guns does not help though…

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The white suspect accused of killing 10 people and wounding three others Saturday at a supermarket in a predominantly Black neighborhood apparently wrote a “manifesto” espousing the white supremacist “great replacement” conspiracy theory — elements of which Carlson has pushed on his weeknight show.

The theory baselessly holds that a cabal of Jewish people and Democratic elites are plotting to “replace” white Americans with people of color through immigration policies, higher birth rates and other social transformations. The idea circulated on the far-right fringes before moving to the mainstream of conservative media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree it’s definitely a mental health crisis issue. A normal balanced person isn’t going to carry something like this out.

But there are many, many kids his age in the US who are subject to abuse on social media and much greater pressure under more difficult circumstances who don't turn into mass murderers. This young male killer doesn't seem to be the type for risk of suicide. He reached his goal, accomplished what he wanted.

There's something different in the psyche of young males who commit these atrocities. Something makes them view other people as lesser than them, as not deserving of the same rights and privileges. Not all young men under pressure turn into psychopaths who spend much time and effort to kill as many people as possible. It doesn't seem to be a problem of poor self-esteem, but too much entitlement and a social media echo chamber in which to amplify those beliefs. They think that the world and others in it are inferior and need to bend to their wants and beliefs.

JMO, they're not victims, they're dangerous, egotistical predators who think their lives are more valuable and important than those of others. Perhaps its similar to the cult-like brainwashing that produced the Hitler Youth and similar groups throughout history.

JMO

Last edited:
I disagree with those attributing it purely to a mental health crisis, it's ideological at its core and he could be perfectly sane; and honestly, that should be scarier. We generally don't go for the same cop-outs when it comes to KKK members (an example) or others motivated by dangerous ideologies.

You would think that after talking to the man on the bench for that long it might of changed his mind.
I agree — the fact that he sat down and played nice with the community before pulling out a gun and killing them makes this crime all the more atrocious and cruel. The Charleston church shooter behaved in a similar fashion. He was friendly and pretended to be interested in their Bible study for nearly an hour until they closed their eyes to pray and then pulled out a gun.

I will never understand how anyone can have that much hate in their heart.

This thread is dedicated to discussion of this particular crime.

Please stay on topic without getting into the more generalized topics of male violence, etc. That can end up derailing the dedicated thread when other members and thousands of guests are coming to WS to read about the specifics of this case.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said the Buffalo shooting suspect's defense attorney request for a mental health forensic examination has been withdrawn.

“The mental health forensic part of this has now become a moot point and is now off the table,” Flynn said.
According to Erie County Sheriff John Garcia, the suspect remains on suicide watch.

source

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The white suspect accused of killing 10 people and wounding three others Saturday at a supermarket in a predominantly Black neighborhood apparently wrote a “manifesto” espousing the white supremacist “great replacement” conspiracy theory — elements of which Carlson has pushed on his weeknight show.

The theory baselessly holds that a cabal of Jewish people and Democratic elites are plotting to “replace” white Americans with people of color through immigration policies, higher birth rates and other social transformations. The idea circulated on the far-right fringes before moving to the mainstream of conservative media.

From the link, PG said nothing in his manifesto about watching Tucker Carlson.

I’m sure if he mentioned Tucker Carlson at all, the media would be all over it. IMO

Unfortunately this case wasn't caught in time, but this is an excellent article on the topic of behavioral threat assessment. The author of the article has recently published a new book on the topic. The article is from 2015 so I imagine the book has a lot more information.

Inside the race to stop the next mass shooter

book: https://www.harpercollins.com/products/trigger-points-mark-follman?variant=39402950131746

"It's time to go beyond all the thoughts and prayers, misguided blame on mental illness, and dug-in disputes over the Second Amendment. Through meticulous reporting and panoramic storytelling, award-winning journalist Mark Follman chronicles the decades-long search for identifiable profiles of mass shooters and brings readers inside a groundbreaking method for preventing devastating attacks. The emerging field of behavioral threat assessment, with its synergy of mental health and law enforcement expertise, focuses on circumstances and behaviors leading up to planned acts of violence—warning signs that offer a chance for constructive intervention before it's too late."

Family members of the Buffalo shooting suspect say they believe the pandemic and its enforced isolation took its toll on the shooter's mental health which ultimately led to last weekend's horrific actions.

'I don't understand the racist thing, because my family is the farthest thing from racist. I've never heard a racist comment from him, from his parents. It's almost like he just snapped. Something in him broke. The whole family is in shock.'

Another couple who know the Grendon's have told how they were completely surprised that their son was the shooter.

'When I first heard that this happened … I actually had a different picture in my mind of who the family was — some family living in a trailer park some place in the outskirts, the family with their AR-15s,' said Cathy and Jerry Kozlowsk.

'You try your best as a parent. Something went wrong,' Jerry, 74, said. 'Parents miss stuff. You try as a parent the best you can. I'm sure they did. I'm grasping what happened to this young man. Why? What possesses you to go out and buy a device that is going to do that to people?'

Wife, Cathy, also shared her concerns over the family's future.

'Pam and Paul and the boys — I can't imagine what that family is going through right now.

'For Paul to face going back to work, for Pam to face going back to work, for the boys to face going to school, it's not going to happen, at least right away. Maybe they'll have to move somewhere else, because they're going to get nothing but hate

Family members of the Buffalo shooting suspect say they believe the pandemic and its enforced isolation took its toll on the shooter's mental health which ultimately led to last weekend's horrific actions.

'I don't understand the racist thing, because my family is the farthest thing from racist. I've never heard a racist comment from him, from his parents. It's almost like he just snapped. Something in him broke. The whole family is in shock.'

Another couple who know the Grendon's have told how they were completely surprised that their son was the shooter.

'When I first heard that this happened … I actually had a different picture in my mind of who the family was — some family living in a trailer park some place in the outskirts, the family with their AR-15s,' said Cathy and Jerry Kozlowsk.

'You try your best as a parent. Something went wrong,' Jerry, 74, said. 'Parents miss stuff. You try as a parent the best you can. I'm sure they did. I'm grasping what happened to this young man. Why? What possesses you to go out and buy a device that is going to do that to people?'

Wife, Cathy, also shared her concerns over the family's future.

'Pam and Paul and the boys — I can't imagine what that family is going through right now.

'For Paul to face going back to work, for Pam to face going back to work, for the boys to face going to school, it's not going to happen, at least right away. Maybe they'll have to move somewhere else, because they're going to get nothing but hate

Oh, poor, poor fellow. So many people who also went through enforced isolation DIDN'T GO ON TO CARRY OUT what is being investigated as a HATE crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back