NY - 10 dead, 3 critical after mass shooting at a Buffalo supermarket, 14 May 2022 *Guilty*

Korchak said that because the Buffalo shooting is so recent, officials don’t currently have all the details on the suspect’s psychiatric evaluation that stemmed from the school incident. He clarified that the suspect was found not to be dangerous at the time of the evaluation last year.

He added that individuals in his office were aware of the 2021 incident, but he again clarified that the suspect was not detained because he was not found to be dangerously mentally ill at the time. He said that the suspect fell through the cracks of the system because after graduating in 2021, Gendron didn’t have any follow-up supervision.

“It keeps me up at night every time someone posts bail and is out on a violent felony,” Korchak said. He said he has not personally spoken with the suspect or his parents.

“Everyone is going to be questioned” that had any contact with the suspect, Korchak said. He said he doesn’t currently know if anyone knew the shooting might happen, but anyone who had contact “is someone we want to talk to.”

He wrote that he bashed its skull against concrete and chopped off its head with a hatchet. He shared a photo of the body, decapitated and bloodied.
“I called my mom and she gave me a box.....
This might not bode well....

It looks like the the parents knew he had been assessed as having an increased potential for violence. Likewise, they knew that at the very least, he was killing animals- and quite possibly knew he was doing it with over kill violence.

They also knew that he had access to at least one weapon (birthday gift at 16). The additional weapons purchases since December (shot gun, AR15 clone) probably cost say... $1,000 to 1,200 (+). Then, add in the apparently effective body armor. Maybe, and additional $500.00 (+)?

Either full, or part time, the perpertrator worked the counter at a deli. Though making the weapons and body armor purchases with out cash assistance is very possible, the total is also on the high side given his wages.

This could support that somebody else was helping him with the purchases.

Last edited:
Either full, or part time, the perpertrator worked the counter at a deli. Though making the weapons and body armor purchases with out cash assistance is very possible, the total is also on the high side given his wages.

This part doesn't really surprise me. Even though I was in a much lower paying job back then, I was able to accumulate a lot of savings in my late teens/early twenties when I was still living with my parents. Not having to pay rent or having a lot of other big expenses makes a huge difference.
Even if he was just working part time, with a little discipline, he could easily have saved that much in a few months.

This part doesn't really surprise me. Even though I was in a much lower paying job back then, I was able to accumulate a lot of savings in my late teens/early twenties when I was still living with my parents. Not having to pay rent or having a lot of other big expenses makes a huge difference.
Even if he was just working part time, with a little discipline, he could easily have saved that much in a few months.
Very good points.

No rent coupled with no grocery bills mixed with nobody to support and supplemented by say, no car payment equates to having very disposible pay checks.

Payton Gendron is likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. Injustice collectors feel persecuted as they have paranoid mindset. They are angry at the world and their hatred and anger is taken out one individual(s) or group(s).

Examples of injustice collectors are: Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Yoselyn Ortega, Michelle Carter, Gertrude Baniszewski, Theresa Knorr, Pamela Smart, Angela Marinucci, Eliza Baker, Andrew Cunanan, David Berkowitz, Elliot Rodger, Connor Betts, Ahwad Alissa, Eric Harris, Nikolas Cruz, Charles Whitman, Gabriel Wortman, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Andrew Kehoe, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, Anders Breivik, Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, Timothy McVeigh, Andreas Lubitz, Jim Jones, Osama bin Laden, Abubakar Shekau, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

the thing to me is that he is live streaming this killing, so he thinks that what he is doing is admirable- there is no shame or attempt to be secretive as there is with a lot of crime-
Absolutely. I suspect that within his community what he did was entirely admirable -- just as he admired those mass murderers namechecked in his online postings.

This was a true believer. Unfortunately, the things he seems to have most believed in were toxic and explicitly geared towards hate and directed violence. I have no no doubt that the next killer down the line will include this murderer in his "manifesto."

A warning to persons in the Buffalo NY area, to exercise caution with text messages from unknown phone numbers, as some individuals (including students) have received messages containing video of the recent local mass shooting.

This might not bode well....

It looks like the the parents knew he had been assessed as having an increased potential for violence. Likewise, they knew that at the very least, he was killing animals- and quite possibly knew he was doing it with over kill violence.

They also knew that he had access to at least one weapon (birthday gift at 16). The additional weapons purchases since December (shot gun, AR15 clone) probably cost say... $1,000 to 1,200 (+). Then, add in the apparently effective body armor. Maybe, and additional $500.00 (+)?

Oh my!!! I hold the parents blame for not getting him help! This is very telling. Are his parents with him? Terrorism and hate! JMOO it’s not all the internet. It’s how children are raised or not raised just exist!

SBM/BBM

The shooting suspect remains on suicide watch.

The shooting suspect has met with his legal team, Garcia said, adding that the sheriff's office is making sure that “justice is served and he has legal representation like everybody deserves. In this country we're innocent until proven guilty, so we are making sure that they spend as much time as needed.”

Garcia said there have been no family requests to visit the shooter while in custody.
Parents not proud of their boy? I hope they feel guilt. Where were they while he wrote his manifesto, mutilated cat, bought guns? Makes me think they didn’t do fun things with him. No mental help etc. scared of him? Will they run away ?? JMOO

Oh my!!! I hold the parents blame for not getting him help! This is very telling. Are his parents with him? Terrorism and hate! JMOO it’s not all the internet. It’s how children are raised or not raised just exist!

Haven't read anything about this murderer's parents yet.

Remember that once a person turns 18 in most states -- that person is an adult & the parents cannot do anything.

Trenton Forrester's Dad tried & tried to legally retain guardianship of his son after a serious head injury & multiple treatments & inpatient stays.

Judge refused to grant that.

Trenton turned 18, checked himself out of Lindbergh High School, stopped taking meds, later and murdered Officer Blake Snyder:

Might not apply here -- I'll wait & see.

Definitely a big gap in our mental health care here in the US!!!

jmho ymmv lrr

"Flynn added that more charges might be filed after a grand jury convened and investigated the shooting. There's a 45-day window for that to occur and the clock starts ticking today."

So it sounds like they'll convene a GJ to consider charges in addition to the first degree murder charge. Actually that should be charges, for all the people he killed. Good, I hope they stack on as many charges as possible. At least they should charge him with the illegal modification of the weapon. Not sure how the law works in New York, but they should bring charges of aggravated murder, etc. because of his intention commit felonies in furtherance of doing as much damage and killing as many people as possible. All of those bumps can add extra time to his sentence.

JMO, IANAL

Payton Gendron is likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. Injustice collectors feel persecuted as they have paranoid mindset. They are angry at the world and their hatred and anger is taken out one individual(s) or group(s).

Examples of injustice collectors are: Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Yoselyn Ortega, Michelle Carter, Gertrude Baniszewski, Theresa Knorr, Pamela Smart, Angela Marinucci, Eliza Baker, Andrew Cunanan, David Berkowitz, Elliot Rodger, Connor Betts, Ahwad Alissa, Eric Harris, Nikolas Cruz, Charles Whitman, Gabriel Wortman, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Andrew Kehoe, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, Anders Breivik, Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, Timothy McVeigh, Andreas Lubitz, Jim Jones, Osama bin Laden, Abubakar Shekau, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Can anyone explain the the difference between an injustice collector and a narcissist? Just curious. TIA

Can anyone explain the the difference between an injustice collector and a narcissist? Just curious. TIA

Good question and that's a good article. Just a couple of guesses:

IC is paranoid and insecure, Narcs not usually, it seems less common. They tend to have more self confidence, even too much

IC acts after being victimized by others (or believed they were), Narcs see themselves as in control of others, superior, "winners" and usually victimize others, as opposed to being the victim

IC harms/kills others out of revenge or misguided need for "justice", Narcissist tends to kill others because it pleases them/makes them feel in control or as a way of getting something they want (robbery, rape, escape) etc.

The one thing they probably have in common is lack of empathy for others.

It's probably possible to have tendencies of both, depending on someone's life experience, but not too common.

JMO, I'm an amateur.

Last edited:
Good question and that's a good article. Just a couple of guesses:

IC is paranoid and insecure, Narcs not usually, it seems less common. They tend to have more self confidence, even too much

IC acts after being victimized by others (or believed they were), Narcs see themselves as in control of others, superior, "winners" and usually victimize others, as opposed to being the victim

IC harms/kills others out of revenge or misguided need for "justice", Narcissist tends to kill others because it pleases them/makes them feel in control or as a way of getting something they want (robbery, rape, escape) etc.

The one thing they probably have in common is lack of empathy for others.

It's probably possible to have tendencies of both, depending on someone's life experience, but not too common.

JMO, I'm an amateur.
Thamk you. That makes sense to me.

Fifteen people accepted avowed white supremacist Payton Gendron’s invitation to a private chatroom — chillingly named “Happening: This is not a drill” — where he allegedly spent months meticulously planning his attack in Buffalo that killed 10 people…

A copy of the invite reviewed by the paper said the accepted users also could view a video stream of the shooting through a link to an account on Twitch, a video streaming service where Gendron allegedly broadcast video of his attack.

It was unclear whether Discord can determine exactly what the 15 users did after they accepted the invitation, the source told the paper.

Fifteen people accepted avowed white supremacist Payton Gendron’s invitation to a private chatroom — chillingly named “Happening: This is not a drill” — where he allegedly spent months meticulously planning his attack in Buffalo that killed 10 people…

A copy of the invite reviewed by the paper said the accepted users also could view a video stream of the shooting through a link to an account on Twitch, a video streaming service where Gendron allegedly broadcast video of his attack.

It was unclear whether Discord can determine exactly what the 15 users did after they accepted the invitation, the source told the paper.

Horrifying.

Many thoughts I will keep to myself.

My prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back