NY - 25 cats found dead in bags were killed by blows to head

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by popsicle, Apr 25, 2014.

1. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

snip

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/25/dead-cats-bags-trees/8150875/

Yonkers police are asking anyone with information to call 914-377-7724. Tips also can be left anonymously by texting "YPD," typing the tip and 847-411.

Residents also can call the SPCA's Animal Cruelty Hotline at 914-941-7797.

2. Loading...

3. bettiepageturner

bettiepageturner New Member

I moved to New York today and naturally, this is the first news story I read. What an absolute psychopath somewhere out there.

4. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Active Member

Welcome to the big apple!

We have our share...

5. noexplanation

noexplanation Member

Awful. Future serial killer(s) in the making. They need to find who did this!

6. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

FGS's why??? :(

7. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Active Member

IMO anyone capable of doing this to an animal, is capable of doing the same to a human. Sick and twisted.

8. hot cawfee

hot cawfee New Member

Am stunned---thats alot of time on your hands young person-older person.
    What the hell kind of mind.........am asking the wrong people-lol

9. hot cawfee

hot cawfee New Member

Welcome to NY bettiep--------am an NYer----this savage is not indicative of of NYers-

10. SugarQueen

SugarQueen Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to post this. I was born and raised in Yonkers. I moved from there long ago but know that area well.
    Thinking along the lines of future serial killer I searched to see if there has been an increase in arson cases but came up blank.
    I know they are saying it doesn't appear any of the animals were used for rituals but I wouldn't discount anything at this point.
    I have a friend who is LE in another part of yonkers, I'll see if I can get in touch with him and ask him to let me know if he hears anything.

11. bettiepageturner

No worries there! I feel much safer here surrounded by people, rather than the eerie solitude of the south. Thank you!

12. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I find myself having to somewhat detach from this story. I couldn't bear it otherwise. They will catch the !@#$%^&* (hopefully sooner rather than later). If Luka Magnotta weren't in jail during that time period, I'd suspect him (if I remember correctly, he did live in or visit New York and had a lawyer there or something) but I realize there are a zillion other slimy creeps, many of whom aren't even on LE's radar yet, who are committing these kinds of atrocities.

13. trigger

trigger Active Member

A worker for Dept of Public works says he saw something strange...

An animal was dangling from a tree branch. It was eviscerated and hard to make out at first, so he looked closer. A white cat had been strung up from a branch of a crooked tree. Next to it hung a black bag.

“We pulled on the bag and a little black kitten fell out,” he said on Friday. “It was a day or two old.”

Imo I think this person will be found because LE found beer cans there. This is truly sick.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/2...nging-in-trees-in-yonkers.html?_r=0&referrer=

14. hot cawfee

hot cawfee New Member

Good point LadyL-----a few months back a guy who worked at an animal shelter was caught on surveillance tape tossing a puppy in a dumpster----I smile to think of ASPCA worker he came in contact with as well as the judge who will sentence him--

15. giagreen

giagreen New Member

Yikes...this is like a serial killer in the beginning stages.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

16. trigger

trigger Active Member

It appears that this happen last year.

A city sanitation worker said he made a similar discovery in the same lot at Overlook Terrace last summer.

“Not as many, maybe two or three, but hanging in bags like this,” said Brett Pisano of the city Department of Public Works.

“They were skeletons last year,” he continued. “I said to myself, ‘Why did they do it again?’”

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1768790

17. chaotic_idealism

chaotic_idealism New Member

How many killers have a history of animal cruelty?

How many people who are cruel to animals, go on to become killers?

If there is a connection, can we stop people who are cruel to animals, before they become killers?

18. giagreen

giagreen New Member

I was watching the show dark minds tonight the one about Israel Keys and he killed animals also. But what was interesting was the profiler said he asked a serial killer once why they kill animals and his answer was because it help them build there way up to humans. And that it would desensitize them basically left looking for a bigger rush.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

19. bettiepageturner

There was a case in Canada, that I wish I could more quickly reference, of a relatively young woman who was convicted of animal cruelty for the torture videos she posted online. She was sentenced what was seen (at least by her) as unduly harsh, and barred from internet access, essentially having been labeled a "yeahhhh let's keep an eye on this one" kind of threat. In some ways Canada's sentencing seems lax compared to the US, in some ways it seems far more wise.

20. Jan

Jan New Member

I am in animal rescue and have had 27 foster dogs in the past 2 years. I own 4 dogs and 8 cats besides my fosters. I have seen some pretty horrible things done to animals. But this case is absolutely horrible. And if they catch and convict who did it, the person can only get 5 years in prison max? How about life with no possibility of parole, or the death penalty? I have no sympathy for whoever did this. I think the person needs to be done away with before he/she does any more harm to any living creature.

21. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Stories like this actually scare me for for many reasons. I even scare myself, if I ever witnessed someone doing that... I fear I'd actually enjoy beating his/her head in, myself, with a baseball bat. Shiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk