NY NY - Angela Lindsey, 22, Hell's Kitchen, NYC, 23 July 2017

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by LisaWL7TR, Aug 1, 2017.

1. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

2. Loading...

3. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

4. DQN

DQN Former Member

It looks like her. She may be a serial runaway. Unless of course those in Seattle didn't know she was in NYC which is probably the case. You should forward the link to the authorities in Seattle. Great find!

5. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

Ok, can anyone explain what/where is hell's kitchen? I got Manhattan. Is it a township or a county? So confused. Thx.

6. Dalagali

Dalagali New Member

It's an area in Manhattan: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...x89c25850a4606051:0x1976b26060ef9a02?hl=en-us

Hell's Kitchen, also known as Clinton, is a neighborhood on the West Side of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It is traditionally considered to be bordered by 34th Street to the south, 59th Street to the north, Eighth Avenue to the east, and the Hudson River to the west. The area provides transport, medical, and warehouse-infrastructure support to Midtown's business district.

Several explanations exist for the original name. An early use of the phrase appears in a comment Davy Crockett made about another notorious Irish slum in Manhattan, Five Points. According to the Irish Cultural Society of the Garden City Area:

When, in 1835, Davy Crockett said, "In my part of the country, when you meet an Irishman, you find a first-rate gentleman; but these are worse than savages; they are too mean to swab hell's kitchen." He was referring to the Five Points.[4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

Thank You so much! :)

8. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

[bbm]

she's 22 ...

9. DQN

DQN Former Member

I Live in NYC, "The name Hell's Kitchen was perhaps taken from that of a gang that formed in the area in 1868, or adopted by local police in the 1870s." It was considered a place "hotter than hot." It was also the home of the WESTIES, the Irish Mob in New York.

Today the neighborhood, is nice. It is not like it was back in the day of the Westies. In other words, there are busy streets and I do not think she would have been abducted there in broad daylight going to a laundry mat . There is no place in Manhattan that is unsafe during the day.

For future reference, Manhattan is split up into neighborhoods with names, it will tell you what area of the city it is in. i.e. Little Italy, Kips Bay, Turtle Bay, Hell's Kitchen, Alphabet city, Harlem, Washington heights, Soho, Greenwich Village, Diamond district, garment district, China Town, etc. etc.

The same goes for all the boroughs of NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx, all have neighborhood names.

10. DVJustice

DVJustice New Member

She may have turned 22 between Jan and July...

11. DQN

DQN Former Member

Well then an irresponsible adult,that takes off causing people to worry about her.

12. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

That seattle article is 6 months old. she probably had a birthday between then and now

13. Baxter102

Baxter102 New Member

Ugh man, I live right here. How are there no details? I never understand cases like this. There are cameras and people everywhere!

14. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Did anyone here anything else on this case?

15. houndpounder

houndpounder Member

She is not listed in Namus or with the NYS Police as missing.