NY NY - Anthony Guy Urciuoli Jr., 31, Poughkeepsie, 24 Jan 2001

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Rle7, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Rle7

Rle7 Active Member

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: January 24, 2001 from Poughkeepsie, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: October 7, 1969
    Height and Weight: 5'10, 130 - 140 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Dark brown to black hair, hazel eyes. Urciuoli's nickname is Tony.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black down jacket and jeans.

[​IMG]
    Details of Disappearance
    Urciuoli was employed as a server at the Dutchess Diner in Poughkeepsie, New York in 2001. He was last seen by his parents at his family's residence near the Galleria Mall on January 24, 2001. Urciuoli received a page from an unknown person and told his parents he was going to play pool with a friend at approximately 11:30 p.m. He has never been heard from again.
    Authorities were unable to trace the page Urciuoli received the night he vanished. He occasionally played pool at Shark's in Fishkill, New York, but no one recalled seeing him at the establishment that night. Urciuoli's vehicle was discovered abandoned on January 26 at approximately 12:45 a.m. His uncle located the car at Spratt Park on Wilbur Boulevard. Urciuoli's wallet was inside the vehicle, which was locked. There was no sign of a struggle at the scene. Investigators stated that it appeared as if Urciuoli parked his car and departed with someone, but there is no evidence to suggest the theory is correct. Urciuoli often worked additional shifts at the restaurant and is regarded as an outstanding employee. His family members said that it is very uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. Authorities are not certain if Urciuoli left of his own accord or if other factors were involved in his disappearance.

[​IMG]
    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Poughkeepsie Police Department
    845-485-3666

[​IMG] Source Information
    The National Center for Missing Adults
    The Poughkeepsie Journal
    [URL="http://www.tonyurciuolijr.com/"][COLOR=blue]Anthony Guy "Tony" Urciuoli Jr. -- Reward: $100,000[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=blue] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/u/urciuoli_anthony.html[/URL]
    [/COLOR]

2. Rle7

Rle7 Active Member

The reward for information on Anthony Urciuoli Jr.'s disappearance has been increased to $100,000 - a small price to pay for a brother, nephew and son.

Urciuoli told his family he was going to meet some friends for pool the night of Jan. 24, 2001. That was the last time he spoke to his family before his gray 2000 Nissan Maxima was discovered the next day on Wilbur Boulevard, in the parking lot of Spratt Park, in the City of Poughkeepsie.

About 40 people attended Sunday's vigil in the same parking lot, which is where family members, who still long for closure, suspect Urciuoli spent his last living moments.

"There's no closure. It's the same," Lisa Urciuoli, the missing man's sister, said. "Every year we relive that day."

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080128/NEWS01/801280315

3. Rle7

Rle7 Active Member

bumping...

missing 10 years now

4. mrsc72

mrsc72 Active Member

5. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Missing for 14 years now:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...01/25/missing-mananthony-urciuolijr/22323237/

6. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

I remember seeing his picture on MP pages a few years ago. His parents seem to be very strong people, I hope they will get answers soon.

7. Chi83

Chi83 Member

This man was from my hometown and disappeared on my 18th birthday. I pray his family gets an answer someday.

8. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

9. Tommy2step

Tommy2step Member

Hoping to bump this case forward. Anthony was from my hometown as well. Hard to believe that no one knows anything. no signs of struggle at the scene means he obviously was with someone he was comfortable with...a familiar person who wouldn't raise any alarms. Unless that person was put up to it to set him up - like a girl he was interested in or a friend who asked him for a favor. Sad that no one has the guts to come forward with any info to give his family some amount of closure.

MagnoliaMountain and Chi83 like this.
  10. skybluesea

skybluesea Active Member

11. JSolt1210

JSolt1210 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling he had planned to meet up with someone for sex, and used "playing pool with friends" as an excuse to leave his home which he shared with family.

At the risk of being TMI, that sounds like an excuse I would've used for the same reason. In my case, I live with my mom, and although she knows I'm gay and is totally loving and supportive, I don't want my mom knowing I'm going out to hook up with some random guy lol! I mean, really, who wants their parents to know? It would just be so awkward. So it's easier to just say I'm meeting up with friends etc.

That's the feeling I get here. January 24, 2001 was a Wednesday. Did he have the habit of meeting up with friends to shoot pool during the middle of the work week at almost midnight? And even if he did, there's no evidence he set foot in that bar that night.

Actually, there's evidence to the contrary. He lived near the Galleria Mall in Poughkeepsie. I found a closed Sharks Billiard Tavern on Yelp that matches his given destination. But his car was found in Spratt Park, which is in the complete opposite direction of Sharks. Since "no one recalled seeing him at the establishment that night," according to this website, it suggests that Anthony didn't drive to Sharks, but went to the park instead.

In addition, "authorities were unable to trace the page Urciuoli received the night he vanished." So it's not like his friends were at Sharks paging him to see if he was on his way. That suggests to me that it came from outside Anthony's known circle of friends.

Also, to investigators "it appeared as if Urciuoli parked his car and departed with someone," at a park which is already secluded at night. Maybe Anthony didn't want the person to pick him up at home so his family wouldn't know, so one of them suggested that secluded area.

I also doubt Anthony went out to drink or do drugs because, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal, he said he "would be back in an hour or two." I doubt he would've wanted to drive high, or be driven by someone who was too. But an hour or two is just enough time for a sexual encounter, including the drive to and from the location. (Trust me, I've factored time and commute in my escapades lol!) Unfortunately, I think he met up with the wrong person who had another motive in mind.

Chi83 likes this.