NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested, sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Why Jeffrey Epstein was dropped off the New Mexico sex offender registry

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/why-j...ped-off-the-new-mexico-sex-offender-registry/

But two days later, he was dropped from New Mexico’s list. State officials explained he wasn’t required to register because the victim in the Florida case wasn’t younger than 16 — a condition in the Land of Enchantment.
Rules seems to benefit the perp but not potential victims. Not surprised. Wonder if he researched sex-crime laws in various locations? Just a thought.

jmo

BEAVERTON, Ore., Aug. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statement is being issued by The Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers:" The following statement is being issued by The Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers:

Jeffrey Epstein. High-profile cases such as Mr. Epstein's highlight the unfortunate prevalence of child sexual abuse. The sad truth is that one in four girls and one in six boys in the United States will be victims of sexual abuse before age 18.

A key to preventing sexual abuse is ensuring the public has accurate information about who is at risk of sexually abusing others and the factors that can lead to abuse. However, the media does a disservice to prevention efforts by using terms such as "pedophile" and "child rapist" interchangeably, as seen in the many articles about Mr. Epstein.

Pedophilia is an attraction to children who have not yet reached puberty. A person with pedophilic interests may or may not act on those desires. In contrast, a child molester is a person who has chosen to sexually abuse a child. In the latter case, even though the abuse is sexual in nature, the motivations may not be sexual. Other motivations include a desire for power and control, general antisocial thinking/beliefs, and intimacy deficits and loneliness. Hence, not everyone who sexually abuses a child has pedophilic interests and not everyone with pedophilic interests will sexually abuse a child. Attraction is not action and action is not attraction.
The Jeffrey Epstein Case and Why Language Matters

As focus turns to Jeffrey Epstein's ranch, official says: "There is a story to be told in New Mexico"

"State property records newly obtained by CBS News show that in addition to a main house, Epstein's property has a pool, firehouse, offices, a log cabin and guest house among other amenities. Garcia Richard said the property also features an airstrip, an antique railroad car and train tracks.

Epstein didn't appear to have connections in New Mexico prior to purchasing Zorro Ranch. Asked what would draw him to the state, Garcia Richard said, "I think there's a perception that people won't ask questions … this case can really show the world that you can't get away with things in New Mexico.""

Leading American scientists have apologised for taking money from Jeffrey Epstein, as the academic community became engulfed in the scandal.

As more details of his predatory activities came to light, several leading universities and respected figures were struggling to contain the backlash.

It saw one prominent laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the firing line with its director apologising and pledging to return the money paid by Epstein.

Another Harvard academic has apologised for meeting with Epstein after the billionaire’s Florida conviction on child prostitution charges.

More scientists are likely to find themselves under the microscope over the next few weeks as critics demand to know how much Epstein’s beneficiaries knew of his activities, including his interest in eugenics and plans to “improve” the human race by impregnating 20 women at a time.
Scientists apologise for accepting money from Jeffrey Epstein as academia engulfed by scandal

I like the part where the government can say his Islands, homes
were used for criminal purpose thus they can seize his property,
sell it & distribute the money to the victims.

“Evil genus” - NOT.

JMO
But I think his estate will fight it every step of the way, dwindling down the assets (into the hands of the lawyers) until there isn't much to distribute.

:(

jmo

"Jeffrey Epstein directed at least three separate marriages between women in his sex trafficking operation — as part of an attempt to keep non-citizen members of his entourage working for him, according to a new report."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/jeffr...red-more-marriages-to-keep-women-in-sex-ring/

It looks like Epstein was quite the "pro" in his field of expertise. :( Sad to say, this kind of thing has been going on among some of the wealthy, powerful elites for many generations. Though Epstein may have been the top purveyor, he likely wasn't the only one. Makes you wonder who is taking over now as king of global sex trafficking to the rich and famous?

From these revelations, it reinforces the rumors that have been around for eons that "modeling" agencies and schools have long been a feeder for prostitution and underage sex trafficking.

That is a tough one and I think will take some delicate thinking.

I have a friend whose mother was sold/trafficked by her parents (my friend's grandparents) from Mexico. The family was desperately poor - literally could not feed the family. The girl (my friend's mom) was used by the family for money and by selling her, she was one less mouth to feed.

Sounds HORRENDOUS, and my friend, the daughter of the trafficked girl, was damaged by it, as you can imagine. The sold girl grew up eventually to marry and have children, but was damaged and her parenting style was to be extremely overprotective and to have unhealthy ideas about sex. With this mother, my friend grew up ashamed of herself when she matured - her mother told her completely weird things when she first start menstruating, for example. My friend was educated and learned to escape the situation and warped thinking, but it still affected her (and I noticed lingering affects in her parenting of her own children, in her struggles to accept their maturity). I hope the next generation of their family will be completely free. They are regular people who have suffered, not monsters.

Would it help if the parents who sold their child were prosecuted? Wouldn't the best solution be to change the social/economic conditions so that families did not face such horrible decisions?

I'm sure there are some parents who traffic their children in different situations, but I think a blanket statement about them is misguided. Some parents face the choice of either all of their children starving or saving some by selling others. (Sophie's Choice comes to mind.)

I do however, feel completely confident stating that anyone buying and/or benefiting from the purchase of trafficked people are completely 100% wrong and should be prosecuted.

jmo

I understand. Once upon a time, in another country, I read an interview with a street prostitute who left her tiny town and moved to a big city because of economy, and ended up with the same, a pimp, HIV (not treated at that time), and that interview.

I remember there were some scenes of violence, of group rape by the “clients”, she might have gotten HIV from that episode.

What bothers me is that Jean-Luc Brunel, the owner of the modeling agency, has the ample choice of scouts for underage girls. He has the agency cover. It is normal for the talent scouts to approach tall and thin 14-year-olds anywhere in the world and offer a lucrative career. Some make it and become models, later. Others don’t but may end up being prostituted to guys like Epstein.

I wonder if the line, 18, not younger, should be drawn everywhere? No child pageants, no Jon Benets, no teenage models? Otherwise we are having a very serious issue.

And for teenage models, 16 should be a cutoff point.

But there were at least two other arrangements of this nature that have not been previously reported, according to Business Insider.

In one of the sham marriages, one of the women was a US citizen while the other was from Eastern Europe, the outlet reported. Both women, who have since divorced, married in October 2013 and were both romantically involved with the convicted pedophile.

“These were victims too,” an associate of Epstein’s told Business Insider. “They were psychologically manipulated.”

Sources told the outlet that the American woman was purported to be a member of his household staff and was gifted a car valued at more than $50,000 from Epstein.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/jeffr...red-more-marriages-to-keep-women-in-sex-ring/

I understand. Once upon a time, in another country, I read an interview with a street prostitute who left her tiny town and moved to a big city because of economy, and ended up with the same, a pimp, HIV (not treated at that time), and that interview.

I remember there were some scenes of violence, of group rape by the “clients”, she might have gotten HIV from that episode.

What bothers me is that Jean-Luc Brunel, the owner of the modeling agency, has the ample choice of scout for underage girls. He has the agency cover. It is normal for the talent scouts to approach tall and thin 14-year-olds anywhere in the world and offer a lucrative career. Some make it and become models, later. Others don’t but may end up being prostituted to guys like Epstein.

I wonder if the line, 18, not younger, should be drawn everywhere? No child pageants, no Jon Benets, no teenage models? Otherwise we are having a very serious issue.

And for teenage models, 16 should be a cutoff point.
I remember as a teenage consumer of fashion magazines and learning that many (most?) of the models were young teens, very young teens. I remember scrutinizing the photos, shocked that they were so young. Why? I wondered why? And I wondered why that was okay with everyone. Even as a young teen myself, I knew something was weird - and totally unnecessary - about that.

But....everyone goes along with it. Fashion houses, stores, advertisers and even us, the consumers. We've witnessed all this in front of our eyes, everyone guessing (correctly) at the dirty secrets.

In a way, we're all complicit. I guess consumers are manipulated into it, but still, it feels lousy to know we've looked at photos that were likely of exploited girls (and boys too) over the years and simply accepted that as industry standard.

jmo

From The New Republic on Epstein's connections with The Edge Foundation and science-related literary agent John Brockman.

Jeffrey Epstein’s Intellectual Enabler

"Should we just write it off as natural collateral damage for someone with a network as extensive as Brockman’s? He is, after all, a networker’s networker. Based on my observations over the last decade, his whole operation runs on two simple but powerful principles. First, the total value of the network (and thus his own value) goes up if the nodes start connecting to each other independently of him. Second, the more diverse the network, the more attractive it is to newcomers as well as to all the existing members. Billionaires are rich, but they might harbor an insecurity complex related to not being very well-read (looking at you, Bill Gates!). Scientists, in contrast, are usually well-read but might aspire to fancier cars and luxuries and funding for their pet projects. And so on: There’s something for everyone—and, in the case of Epstein, someone seems to have done the match-making."

• Business Insider found the sex offender Jeffrey Epstein's public accounts on social media and music-streaming services, including Pinterest, Twitter, and Spotify.
  • His tastes varied from Gospel music to Broadway show tunes to tracks by the disgraced comic Louis C.K. One of his playlists shares the name of the 24-year-old daughter of his ex-girlfriend. His Pinterest focused on home-design ideas.
  • Registered sex offenders are allowed to use social media, the Supreme Court ruled in 2017. New York, where Epstein had a home, requires offenders to report their social-media accounts, among other information, to its sex-offender registry.
We found Jeffrey Epstein's social-media accounts. On Spotify, his tastes ranged from Louis C.K. to songs like 'Before You Accuse Me' and 'Hot for Teacher.'

From The New Republic on Epstein's connections with The Edge Foundation and science-related literary agent John Brockman.

Jeffrey Epstein’s Intellectual Enabler

From a September 12, 2013 email sent to the author by John Brockman,

"Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire science philanthropist showed up at this weekend’s event by helicopter (with his beautiful young assistant from Belarus). He’ll be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks asked me who he should meet. You are one of the people I suggested and I told him I would send some links.

He’s the guy who gave Harvard #30m to set up Martin Nowak. He’s been extremely generous in funding projects of many of our friends and clients. He also got into trouble and spent a year in jail in Florida.

If he contacts you it’s probably worth your time to meet him as he’s extremely bright and interesting.

Last time I visited his house (the largest private residence in NYC), I walked in to find him in a sweatsuit and a British guy in a suit with suspenders, getting foot massages from two young well-dressed Russian women. After grilling me for a while about cyber-security, the Brit, named Andy, was commenting on the Swedish authorities and the charges against Julian Assange."

What is it with these alleged-enablers and ancillary witnesses and their continued emphasis on the descriptor "young" in relation to the females often seen with Epstein. I'm not naive, I know from reports that potentially hundreds of the females spotted with Epstein by "innocent bystanders" over the years were actually children. It's infuriating to me that so many people openly promoted "young" as a desirable status achievement among acquired "companions," "guests," and "assistants," while later making public statements that they had no idea Epstein and those around him were criminally victimizing children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23