CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Body of newborn found in in trash bag, Brooklyn, 6 April 2007

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ajc2804, Apr 9, 2007.

1. ajc2804

ajc2804 New Member

NEW YORK — A recently born infant girl was found in a garbage bag on a back porch in a Brooklyn neighborhood, and the apparent mother and her two sisters were arrested, police said.
    The baby was pronounced dead at a local hospital of asphyxiation and hypothermia, police said. The infant had been born alive, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the city medical examiner's office
    Laura Sergio, 25, who is believed to be the mother, was arrested Saturday and charged her with murder, police said.

*More at link*

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264810,00.html

2. Loading...

3. MrsG728

MrsG728 New Member

She's obviously never heard of the safe haven law. :furious: I am upset by this. A 25 year old and a couple of other twenty-somethings? and none of them heard of the Safe Haven Law? None of these nitwits thought let's drop her off in the hospital? They're all a$$holes if you ask me, and all 3 of them should be charged.

yes, a desperate young pregnant woman may not be making much sense, but her 2 sisters???? One of them had to be sane. I can't believe them... they give Brooklyn a bad name.

MG

4. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

I agree. I can see a young teen (14-17) being ignorant about Safe Haven, and hiding her pregnancy. But there is NO excuse for these GROWN "women". Nine months is plenty of time to research options, considering her sisters were in cahoots with her. This also makes me :furious: !!!! That little girl deserved to live and didn't have a chance because of the three of them. I'm so sickened by this. :(

5. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From October 2012:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/conviction-tossed-baby-death-article-1.1175346