NY NY - Brenda Crowley, 16, Staten Island, 1 March 1979

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Kymistry35, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

The Doe Network:
    Case File 872DFNY

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Left and center: Crowley, circa 1980; Right: Circa 1978
    Brenda Crowley
    Missing since March 1980 from Staten Island, Richmond County, New York.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: October 5, 1963
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"- 5'6" (163-168 cm); 110 - 130 lbs. (50-59 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde, straight hair; blue/green eyes that sometimes appears hazel. Brenda may wear glasses/contacts due to a slight cross in her left eye.
    • Marks, Scars: Brenda has a small scar on her nose, and has a slight cross in her left/right eye. She had a fractured arm when she was 5-6 years old.
    • Dentals: Not Available. Her teeth has some crowding.
    • Other: Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Crowley lived with her mother in Staten Island, NY in 1980. Her mother did not file a missing person's report with the police.
    Crowley may have been placed in foster care. She has not been seen or heard from since March 1980.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    The Doe Network
    NCIC Number: Not Entered
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
    Teresa Crowley, Brenda's sister

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that I have seen a recon that looked like her.

2. Loading...

3. hoppyfrog

hoppyfrog Retired WS Staff

Here's an interesting site and entry I found:

http://www.genealogicaljourneys.com/ms2003.htm

My Name: Dorothy Schall
    Sibling's Birth Name: Brenda Ceceila Crowley
    Sibling Born: October 5, 1963
    Information: I am the oldest sister of Brenda. Parents being Theresa Koster and Peter Crowley. We have lost all contact with our sister as youngsters. Their are eight of us altogether. Dorothy and Donna Schall, Theresa, Brenda, Ruthann, Peter and Hugh Crowley and Virginia Milius. We all have different fathers. We have lived in the Staten Island area and we are unsure of the circumstances regarding our sister Brenda. Was she in a Foster Home or has she just run away like the older children. Or What happen to our sister Brenda? We are searching for many years now! Please any and all help is appreciated. If you know Brenda please contact her Family. Please we are desperate to reunited with our sister Brenda
    [​IMG]
    dsangelbaby6@aol.com

And then this one:

http://www.missing.ws/_lostContacts/lostContact.asp?id=76

Brenda Crowley
    I have been searching for 22.5yrs for my sister Brenda. Disappeared age 16 from USA. Have Been searching every country too. Our family ancesters have originally come from cork Ireland.
    • <LI class=pageText>Date Of Birth: October 5, 1963 <LI class=pageText>Missing from Staten Island New York since March 1980 <LI class=pageText>Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old <LI class=pageText>Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6" (163-168 cm.); 110-130 lbs. (50-59 kg.)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Dark blonde, straight hair; blue/green eyes that sometimes appear hazel. Brenda may also wear glasses/contacts due to a slight cross in her left eye. Her teeth has some crowding. Brenda has a small scar on her nose. Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out. She had a fractured arm when she was 5-6 years old. Her mother did not report her missing at the time something that was only discovered when the mother was murdered in March 1981. Sadly New York Police Dept would not allow them file a missing report at that time.
    Other links on the doe network and missing persons bureau.

(Note: bolding about the mother's murder is mine. Hoppy)

4. Kymistry35

Bumping for Brenda

5. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/in_search_of_missing_staten_is.html

Published: Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 5:04 PM Updated: Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 11:14 PM

http://www.myspace.com/brendaismissing
    This Myspace appears to be family.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/crowley_brenda.html
    More info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4bUBfTkJ3w
    Beautiful tribute, many pictures.

Attached Files:

6. Odyssey

Odyssey Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye

7. Gia

Gia Member

I know there hasn't been much activity on this thread. But does anyone know if this person has been looked into:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/FlyerNewPerson.asp?Case_Id=3526&case_nbr

She was found 2 years after Brenda was reported missing. And while the height is a little shorter than Brenda was described, the nose looks very similar to me. And a lot of her other stats seem like a possible match. Any thoughts?

I've e-mailed her sister. But I wanted to put it here too, in case someone knows if she was ever looked into. Thanks!

ETA: The picture below shows the unidentified person in the middle, and the other two are of Brenda.

Attached Files:

8. q64ceo

q64ceo New Member

They have the birthdate, SSN, and last name (birth name, that is)

I am curious to see if they have tried to get a credit report on her (you know, those annoying commercials with that singer.) If they could do it they may get an idea of what she has been up to for the past few years.

9. Lilachaze

Lilachaze New Member

Bumping.

10. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified registered nurse

11. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

12. q64ceo

q64ceo New Member

After more research, this appears not the case. Disregard

13. capoly

capoly New Member

Clearing out my email and came across this exchange re Brenda and NamUs UID #8374 Will post info here as FYI.

UID:

A headless, handless, female body found in a travel trunk. Blood type O with Rh negative
    Body discovered inside a travel trunk described as follows: Green with black trim and blue lining. 21"wide, 37"long, and 14"deep with brass fittings. various stickers on the outside indicate the trunk travelled fron NYC to France in 1958 and returned to NYC in 1960. Original ownership has been verified as June Leaf.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8374

Similarities to Brenda:
    Missing/UID Date:
    March 1980 for both. (Though Brenda was not reported missing until a year later, March 1981.)
    NY...approx 2 hour distance between 2 points.

Vitals:
    Brenda-
    Height: 5'4"- 5'6" ; Weight: 110 - 130 lbs.

UID-
    Height: 64in - Est.
    Weight: 135 lbs, Est.

Blood Type:
    Brenda: "Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out." (Per Doe Network) (suggests O- a possibility?)

UID: Blood type O with Rh negative.

On 7/17/2011 sent info onto Inv Donald Yackeren...checking re rule-out.

On 10/18/2011 Inv Donald Yackeren emailed back the following:

Our case involves a deceased male according to all anthropological and autopsy reports.

Respectfully
    Inv Donald Yackeren

On 12/05/2011 received the following:

To: xxxxxxxx.com
    Sent: Monday, December 5, 2011 9:53 AM
    Subject: Fwd: Case # KWAP 80-266

Mrs. xxxxx,

Can you call me regarding the below listed email.
    Thanks,
    Inv. Donnelly

Investigator Eugene E. Donnelly
    New York State Police- SP Wappinger
    18 Middlebush Rd
    Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
    (845)298-0952
    Fax (845)298-1961
    Eugene.Donnelly@troopers.ny.gov

>>> Donald Yackeren 8/15/2011 11:08 AM >>> (Inv Yackeren had forwarded my email on to Inv Donnelly.)

Per phone conversation....Brenda's DNA had been compared to/ruled out for UID 8374.

14. q64ceo

q64ceo New Member

It is possible that this is her.

The only one thing that makes me doubt her is that Brenda had an arm fracture, but the person who conducted the autopsy in TN didnt find any evidence of a broken arm on the Jane Doe.

15. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified registered nurse

I think I read somewhere in a post that not all fractures show up unless there was damage to the growth plate. But, I may be wrong. That UID is worth looking at.

16. Kymistry35

Did anyone submit a possible match on this?

17. Odyssey

Odyssey Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?37952-Brenda-Crowley-(16)-New-York-NY-1980

See post 2 in link above for source as original link no longer works

Being that this tip was given to LE by a family member, I can't help but wonder if she had been in East Islip with her father after her disappearance. While it may have been a suspicion or rumor alone that caused the family member to report this, I can't really see a scenario where anyone could have come to that conclusion if Brenda wasn't there around that time.

I usually take Topix with a grain of salt but there have been several people who claimed to have been neighbors of the house that was searched and they also remember Brenda living there at some time but nobody says when so I'm not sure if that was before or after her disappearance.

18. Dr.Strangelove

Dr.Strangelove New Member

19. theshadow45

theshadow45 Active Member

Bumping for Brenda, today is her birthday.

20. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Brenda's last seen date has changed to March 1, 1979 in NAMUS:
    Brenda lived with her mother and siblings in Staten Island, NY. According to the family, she and her seven siblings had run away from the family's various Staten Island addresses at one time or another, but everyone usually came back, everyone except Brenda Crowley. Brenda used to hang out in the Tompkinsville area as well as Stapleton, and MarinerĂ¢'s Harbor. She has not been seen or heard from since about 1979. (Date of last contact is only an estimation)
    The family thought that her mother had filed a missing person's report with the police, but later learned that was not the case, so a report was filed with the New York Police Department's Missing Persons Squad in Manhattan in 2007.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12212/