NY NY - Brooklyn, Richardson St, WhtMale 17-30, UP7922, glasses w/ tape inside lenses, clothes, Jul'93

madamx

Reaction score
———————————————-
WARNING POSTMORTEM graphic photo on the link
———————————————-

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7922
Male White / Caucasian
Date Body Found July 3, 1993
Location Found Brooklyn, New York

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberK93-04247
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--

Estimated Age Group Adult -
Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)
17-30
Estimated Year of Death
Estimated PMI
Hours

Height 5' 0"(60 inches) , Measured
Weight 140 lbs, Measured

Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body Found July 3, 1993

NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 29, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedSeptember 30, 2010
Location Found Map

LocationBrooklyn, New York
CountyKings County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)40.719976, -73.938588

Circumstances of Recovery
Unknown male found in front of
311 Richardson Street
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains
All parts recovered

Condition of Remains
Recognizable face

Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description dark 2"

Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--

Clothing
navy t-shirt,
gray jeans, black and
white striped briefs
On the Body

Eyewear
sunglasses with black tape on inside of lenses
On the Body

Footwear
sneakers
On the Body

Attached is a map of where he was found. It’s all industrial in that area.

Attachments

• 5E38F1B9-C133-4EEE-A6F6-2994B65AB282.png
    5E38F1B9-C133-4EEE-A6F6-2994B65AB282.png
    377.3 KB · Views: 11
A very small boy/man with a height of 5'0. Also it's hard for me to visualize what was going on with the sunglasses.

A very small boy/man with a height of 5'0. Also it's hard for me to visualize what was going on with the sunglasses.

Yeah he is really short... I am 5’1 so I personally know the guy was short!!! hehe.. unless it was a typo?? I always wonder about typos ever since seeing the woman in the Bronx with the “ Classy Trash” tattoo (with the photo right there) typo o_O....but anyway..

I too was trying to figure out the thing about the sunglasses. Was the tape holding the lenses to the glasses? Or was the inside lense completely covered by the black tape? That does not make sense.How would he see? The photo looks like he has a blue hue around his eyes. I don’t know if it’s the photo itself or it has to do with his sunglasses.

Your right Triss he could of been picked up beat up robbed and thrown out of a car .. I had not even thought of that.

It was July 3rd. I kept thinking he was from out of town came in for July 4th weekend.
Interesting idea about him being in the area for the July 4th weekend! It makes me believe he had to live not too far from where he died. I don't think he would've travelled from other parts of the country just to celebrate 4th of July in New York, but you never know.
Also, he looks relatively clean in his PM photo. His face is shaven and his teeth look decent, so I don't think he was homeless. And even if he was, I don't think he was homeless for a long period of time before he died.

To get some perspective of what was going on in NYC in July 1993 I post this very interesting article....actually I was shocked by the content.
NYC, July 1993

Twenty years ago, my first July as a journalist in New York City (at The Associated Press), I remembered things being a little different. So I pulled some copies of The Post from that month to remind me.

July 1993 was a month of unbelievable levels of random mayhem. Headlines included “Desperados Shoot Up Bus,” about teens who robbed 22 passengers in Queens, “Cab Ride to Hell,” about some Australian tourists who saw their cabdriver slain and “Savage Slaying Shocks Tribeca,” about a building worker who was killed execution-style.

A Staten Island man was surrounded by a gang of 20 to 30 youths and beaten to death. Two Washington Heights firefighters responding to a fake call about a gas leak were instead firebombed (then, when they bailed out of the truck with second-degree burns, surrounded by an angry crowd that threw bottles at them). A mother of eight was killed in a crossfire on a Brooklyn street while pushing a 3-year-old in a stroller and carrying an infant in her arms. A 21-year-old Hunter College student was shot to death on a 5-train for his Nike Air sneakers.

Etc.

If he is 5'0" then that would significantly narrow any search. Even for his generation, he'd be early in the zero percentile for height. Conservatively, only 1/1000 US men would be that short, although realistically it's more like 1/2000. Maybe less, because the estimates I used did not account for race.

I went through NAMUS going back to 1988 for missing white men <5'3", but I couldn't find any that seemed like a good match. He looks young to me, but the bruising might distort his appearance a lot.

If he is 5'0" then that would significantly narrow any search. Even for his generation, he'd be early in the zero percentile for height. Conservatively, only 1/1000 US men would be that short, although realistically it's more like 1/2000. Maybe less, because the estimates I used did not account for race.

I went through NAMUS going back to 1988 for missing white men <5'3", but I couldn't find any that seemed like a good match. He looks young to me, but the bruising might distort his appearance a lot.
Yes, I also believe the bruising and what looks like swelling has distorted his appearance significantly .

I'm really short (around 5'5") and I think I would have probably even been taller than that then (I would have been 14 then and still not done growing). There are few if any white/black guys as short as me around my area now (Asians and some guys from Mexico - many agricultural workers in my particular area - are occasionally as short as me). Could they have the measurement or estimated age off? He does look white, so race doesn't seem to be off. He doesn't have the typical traits you'd expect of somebody with dwarfism or some kind of glandular issue.

I'm just not used to finding guys that much shorter than me. Not even many current middle schoolers... But it kind of looks like their skull might be a little pushed/broken in on top. Would that affect their measurement?

The photo is bad and small but he could very well be Hispanic or even Native or Native admixed. Some men of Southern European descent or Middle Eastern descent also can look like him and be very short as well.
He looks so young. Very sad. I think the bruises are mostly lividity and not really bruises

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back