Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you've conveyed to Chief Deputy Burgess how grateful we all are for his hard work and for keeping us informed. He's a gem.

Yes he is. He told me that he has met some of the nicest people on the internet during the years he has worked Cali's case. So very many caring people working together to help get this child identified. Yes, I tell him every time I speak to him how much we appreciate the way he has always worked with us, and how considerate he is to include us in the notification when the results come in. I also told him how wonderful we think the LCSO is to have worked so hard for so many years to identify a child that they knew did not come from their area.

I agree Carbuff, he truly is a gem!!

This was just released in local media this morning! Cali Doe IS TAMMY! It's not the article that I expected but she has a name, thank you all for all your hard work. As a local, this is amazing to see. Now Justice for Tammy!
http://m.13wham.com/article?id=13780686
13 WHAM News

Caledonia, N.Y. - For 36 years, her death has remained a mystery.

The body of Jane Doe, a teenager, was discovered in a Livingston County cornfield on November 10, 1979.

Authorities have never determined who killed her and their investigation was further complicated because they could not determine who she was.

On Monday, the FBI and local authorities are expected to identify the body as Tammy Jo Alexander - a teenager who went missing from Brooksville, Florida in 1979.

13WHAM News has learned DNA results from a sister confirm the identity of the teenager. An exhaustive search that led investigators to look into more than 10,000 leads had fizzled until a friend of the victim contacted Florida authorities last year.

That person was a friend of Tammy Jo and unsure whether anyone had ever reported her missing.

That eventually gave authorities new leads in the case.

Jane Doe was found shot in the back of the head. Several serial killers have confessed to being involved in her death but the case remains unsolved.

13WHAM News will continue to bring you more information on this story as it becomes available. You can find it on 13WHAM News, on our mobile apps, and on 13wham.com.

WONDERFUL NEWS! Congratulations to all involved in helping to give Tammy her name back. Blessings to her loved ones.

Oh my goodness I don't know what to say. Rip Tammy you beautiful angel. Love and prayers for your family and friends.

I always compare reports when there is an identification just so I have a better idea of what variables to look for in the future.

Cali was listed at 63" and 120lbs
Tammy was listed as 60" 100lbs

Usually I only do a 2" variation + - on height. Hmmmm......should rethink that.

I'm curious about the pollen evidence putting her in California though. Based on what the friend said - did Tammy have enough time to go from Florida to California to NY? Last known contact was 10 days prior to her death correct?

I'm just wondering. Maybe she got new clothes in San Diego so the pollen trail started then and not in Florida.

Rest In Peace Tammy Jo. I’m just shocked, I feel like jumping up and down. This is so wonderful and so sad. I’m sitting in class crying. God bless you Tammy Jo, her family, friends, law enforcement, and everyone who cares. Thank you to all you fellow sleuthers….

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s3687662.shtml?cat=565

There will be a press conference this afternoon to release the results, and now that they have Tammy's sister all upset by jumping the gun and running with a story not verified.....I hope they are happy.

Updated: 01/26/2015 8:02 AM
Created: 01/26/2015 6:56 AM WHEC.com
News10NBC has learned investigators have identified the young woman found dead in a Caledonia cornfield 36 years ago.

The young woman’s body was found by farmers on November 9, 1979 in a field off Route 20 in Livingston County. She had been shot and left to die in the field.
The medical examiner believed the girl to have been between 15 and 19 years old. She had dark hair with blonde highlights and brown eyes. She was wearing a red windbreaker jacket, tan corduroy pants and a red plaid shirt. She was approximately 5'3" and 120 pounds. Analysis of her clothing and her sun-tanned skin lead investigators to believe she may be from the south-west region of the country

Over the past 36 years there have been thousands of leads but none had panned out. We’re following up with investigators this afternoon and will have the latest on News10NBC at noon.

Crying tears of happiness and sadness.

I'm so glad that Cali has her real name back. I'm so glad that Tammy's sister and friend have found her at last. I'm so sorry Tammy's young life ended in that cornfield.

Many prayers for Tammy and her loved ones, it's clear they never stopped loving her. Also, prayers for the many who have loved Tammy over the years without knowing her real name or story.

Been lurking on this thread for awhile. I'm happy Cali got her name back but I feel sad for Tammy's family. Now we need to find her killer!

Rest in peace Tammy! Great job Sleuthers, you are all AMAZING!!

Smiling thru my tears. I haven't even read everyone else's posts yet. A collective hug and toast with my cup of java to everyone.

Wow....I can hardly believe it.

I knew as soon as Carl sent me the photo of Tammy that she was our Cali Jane Doe. It was her smile... Prayers to her family and Tammy's friend that reported her missing, they deserve to have closure, but my heart does break for them also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4