NY NY - Chastity Adams, 24, Brooklyn, 27 July 2000

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by PrettyGirlMe, Jan 4, 2006.

1. PrettyGirlMe

PrettyGirlMe Former Member

This is a heartbreaking story. Can you imagine what this child's future is going to be like? The baby tried to help her mother, but ended up stabbed, then her mother dies.

[​IMG]

Around 1:00 a.m. on July 27, 2000, New York City Police say 5-year-old Chastity Adams was awakened when she heard her mother --also named Chastity-- arguing with Bablu Hassan in the kitchen of their Brooklyn apartment.

When Hassan began stabbing her mother, the little girl tried to intervene. And according to police, Hassan stabbed the girl across the stomach as she tried to protect her mother.

Police say Hassan quickly fled and little Chastity ran to a neighbor's house, asking them to call 911. When paramedics arrived they found Chastity's mother bleeding on the sidewalk and the little girl in a nearby doorway.

[​IMG]

The elder Chastity fell into a coma on the way to the hospital and died on Sept. 20, 2000. And although little Chastity needed more than 100 stitches to close her wounds, she was able to survive the attack.

In 2000, Hassan had just moved to the United States from Bangladesh, and he and Chastity Adams had only been dating for a few months.

Since their mother's death, Chastity and her two sisters have been living with their aunt, Sondra Adams. In 2003, Sondra was honored as "mother of the year" by the Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa on their live television show.

2. Loading...

3. PrettyGirlMe

[​IMG]

He's about 5'5 and weighs about 125 pounds. He has black hair and he's Asian/Middle Eastern. He speaks broken English and may be taking computer classes at a university or computer school. He doesn't smoke or drink and is an extremely devout Muslim. He could be in Detroit, New York or back in his Asian nation.

4. shadowangel

shadowangel Black cats consider me unlucky.

PGM-Do you know if this case was ever featured on or submitted to America's Most Wanted?

5. gardenmom

gardenmom Former Member

Poor little girl. Her mom was so pretty.

6. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

... and he likes to play with knives. Sounds like a nice guy. I'd like to meet him sometime...

7. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

You mean like in a dark, empty alley? Should be interesting!

8. PrettyGirlMe

Yes the case was featured on America's Most Wanted. Did you see it?

9. shadowangel

shadowangel Black cats consider me unlucky.

No, I didn't, but if it hadn't been featured I was going to submit it.

10. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)