NY - Christian Nunez, 8 wks, suffocates in rat-infested Bronx apt, 29 Jan 2007

Boyzmomee said:
Easy. If you can't afford to live in a place without rats, how are you going to afford to send your child to college?

The simplicity of coming to that conclusion seemed logical to me as well. :rolleyes:

Boyzmomee said:
I think we were typing at the same time. While this is very sad, I agree that people who can't afford to support their children, should prevent pregnancies.

Condoms are the cheaper way to go in these instances, don'tcha find?

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm speechless and most of you know that don't happen often. I could never live anywhere near them. I feel very sorry for her, but I have to wonder why she would bring a child into that world.

Me too.

Boyzmomee said:
Easy. If you can't afford to live in a place without rats, how are you going to afford to send your child to college?
Who said they wanted to send their child to college?

There will always be positions for menial jobs that need filling.

You know, all those fast food chains, all those Walmart stores.....don't need a college degree to work in places like that.

It takes all sorts to make up a society.

narlacat said:

There will always be positions for menial jobs that need filling.

You know, all those fast food chains, all those Walmart stores.....don't need a college degree to work in places like that.

It takes all sorts to make up a society.

Fine! Tell the kids to make sure they don't burn my fries and to make sure that my car doesn't get hit by one of those shopping carts they should be putting away. Oh, I want my lawn mowed on Thursdays. Thanks.

Jeana (DP) said:
Fine! Tell the kids to make sure they don't burn my fries and to make sure that my car doesn't get hit by one of those shopping carts they should be putting away. Oh, I want my lawn mowed on Thursdays. Thanks.
Geez, I'm sorry, was I talking to you then?

Nothing like a Bic Mac with fries right Jeana ;)

narlacat said:
Geez, I'm sorry, was I talking to you then?

Nothing like a Bic Mac with fries right Jeana ;)

I won't eat their meat, but the fries are kinda good. Light on the salt please.

narlacat said:
Well, you are lucky you don't have to, some people don't have the choices others have.

Because that was her world, some people aren't as fortunate as others, who are you to say someone shouldn't have kids?

It's not luck. People always have choices. Because I now have a very nice life, there are many who think I was "lucky" or "fortunate." I was neither, not by far.

I made my own "luck" by making good choices, one of which included not having children until I could afford to care for them properly. "Properly" does not include living in an environment overrun by rats.

My children are reaping the good fortune of my choices and damn hard work.

My oldest son is attending college classes, he's a junior in high school. I will be able to afford to send him to San Diego State to study computer engineering.

I just got finished watching my youngest son's hockey game. Hockey is not an inexpensive sport. I can indulge his love of sports.

None of us are able to choose where we start out but we can choose where we end up.

narlacat said:

There will always be positions for menial jobs that need filling. QUOTE]

Yes, every parent desires their child to grow up and fill a menial job.

Ugh.

Boyzmomee said:
It's not luck. People always have choices. Because I now have a very nice life, there are many who think I was "lucky" or "fortunate." I was neither, not by far.

I made my own "luck" by making good choices, one of which included not having children until I could afford to care for them properly. "Properly" does not include living in an environment overrun by rats.

My oldest son is attending college classes, he's a junior in high school. I will be able to afford to send him to San Diego State to study computer engineering.

I just got finished watching my youngest son's hockey game. Hockey is not an inexpensive sport. I can indulge his love of sports.

None of us are able to choose where we start out but we can choose where we end up.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boyzmomee said:

Well, from that article that said next to nothing, you guys sure have presumed alot.

You don't know anything about the lady yet you condemn her, saying she's made bad life choices- how do you know what choices she's made?

You are boxing her and that's not fair.

Boyzmomee said:
narlacat said:

There will always be positions for menial jobs that need filling. QUOTE]

Yes, every parent desires their child to grow up and fill a menial job.

Ugh.
Sigh.

Where would you be without people that are willing to work in places like that?

Don't tell me you never shop at Walmart or have take out....geez some people are SNOBS.

narlacat said:
Well, from that article that said next to nothing, you guys sure have presumed alot.

You don't know anything about the lady yet you condemn her, saying she's made bad life choices- how do you know what choices she's made?

You are boxing her and that's not fair.

It is common sense. I'm sorry, I can't help you there.

We do know she's made a choice to bring a child into a rat infested home. A home so infested that she had to sleep with her baby to protect him, and acidentally killed him.

That tells me quite a lot about her life and circumstances.

narlacat said:
Sigh.

Don't tell me you never shop at Walmart or have take out....geez some people are SNOBS.

What! You are judging me???? You have boxed me in as a "snob." :)

Not only do I shop in Wal-Mart and eat take out, when young, I worked in what most would consider menial employment. I did that, while putting myself through college.

:rolleyes:

Boyzmomee said:
What! You are judging me???? You have boxed me in as a "snob." :)

Not only do I shop in Wal-Mart and eat take out, when young, I worked in what most would consider menial employment. I did that, while putting myself through college.

:rolleyes:
So why look down on people who do that for a living?

Just because you may think those kind of jobs are not good enough for your kids, doesn't mean everyone has to think that.

narlacat said:
Sigh.

Sure I go there, but I'm going to make darn sure my kids aren't the ones working behind the counter. We're supposed to make sure our kids do BETTER than we did. If I can put myself through law school, I expect an awful lot from my kids. Part of that means I'm willing to pay for them to get into the best schools that they can get into. Also a part of that is that I left my job in order to stay home and ensure that they're getting all they can from school, the community, voluntering around the community and playing all the sports they want. But I'll tell you one thing, if I was living in a rat infested crap fest of an apartment, there's no damn way I'm bringing a helpless baby into that mix. I care about them that much.

Jeana (DP) said:
Sure I go there, but I'm going to make darn sure my kids aren't the ones working behind the counter. We're supposed to make sure our kids do BETTER than we did. If I can put myself through law school, I expect an awful lot from my kids. Part of that means I'm willing to pay for them to get into the best schools that they can get into. Also a part of that is that I left my job in order to stay home and ensure that they're getting all they can from school, the community, voluntering around the community and playing all the sports they want. But I'll tell you one thing, if I was living in a rat infested crap fest of an apartment, there's no damn way I'm bringing a helpless baby into that mix. I care about them that much.
Again- that's just you, it's not up to you to say who should or shouldn't have kids.

narlacat said:
Again- that's just you, it's not up to you to say who should or shouldn't have kids.

I was speaking for myself and I made that very clear. If you want to have your children in a rat fest, feel free.

narlacat said:
So why look down on people who do that for a living?

Just because you may think those kind of jobs are not good enough for your kids, doesn't mean everyone has to think that.

You continue to "presume."

I don't "look down" on people who do those types of work. I look down on those too lazy to work.

My son applied for a job as a stocker at Wal-Greens and to work at the lskating rink. We encouraged him to apply at the local dairy farms.

He is only 16. We have made him aware of the consequences of his choices. If he chooses Wal-Mart or delivering take out, instead of becoming a computer engineer, he knows what that means.

He will not be able to live as his parents do, he will not have medical insurance, and he will not be able to provide for a family.

It's all about choices and consequences, not worth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back