Found Safe NY - Cole Geise, 21, person with autism, Olean, 2 May 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, May 3, 2021.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

5/3/21- The Olean Police Department is looking for any information on the whereabouts of a 21 year old Olean man named Cole Geise.

Cole is autistic and has been missing since 10 p.m. last evening. He is very tall 6'5 / 215 lbs., unknown what he was wearing at the time of disappearance. Possibly a gray zip up hoody with the word "ECHO" written the front.

If anyone sees Cole or has any information as to his location you are asked to call the Olean Police Dept. at 376-5677.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Olean Police looking for missing man with Autism | wgrz.com

Search For Cole Geise Facebook Group

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021

2. GuyfromCanada

Comment from Olean PD:

5/4/2021-0600 a.m.- Cole has still not been located as of this time. Last possible sighting of a person matching his description was Sunday morning 6 am by a hunter in wooded area off Old Rock City Road. He was possibly wearing a blue zip up coat and red checkered PJ pants and sneakers.

3. GuyfromCanada

4. Angel4u2Whisper2

Angel4u2Whisper2 Active Member

5. Buffchick

Buffchick Active Member

This is from my hometown.
    Really sad to see. Makes me nervous about the hunter spotting in the middle of the woods.

6. Angel4u2Whisper2

7. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking. I wonder if he travels, buses etc. I also wonder what he was doing the day before or even before he went missing. Was there a trigger? IMO

YaYa_521, AnnaGrace, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  8. swanniee11

The search for missing Olean man Cole Geise continues | News 4 Buffalo
    Blovsky says cole left his house around 6 a.m. Sunday morning, but that’s not out of the ordinary. He walks all day, sometimes until 10 p.m. The captain says there are certain places cole walks to on a regular basis.

“He’d go to Walmart, he’d go down to just outside the city, on south miles to look at the horses. He would go to Country Fair, he would go to another supermarket here. So he had somewhat of a routine, he’d go to different places, but it was always the same places,” said Blovsky.

9. swanniee11

I keep thinking about this young man, any chance there was some kind of road detour on one of his outings that made him take a different way and got lost? I can't imagine what this family is going through. IMO

10. Buffchick

Buffchick Active Member

6 in the morning to 10 at night is an awfully long time to be out walking every day. Plus the weather hasn’t been great lately. Lots of rain and cooler.

11. swanniee11

most recent, nothing really new though

Search for missing Olean man Cole Geise continues | wgrz.com
    snipped:
    Blovsky also said they're doing a search of the Allegheny River using several different resources, including New York State police divers.

Snipped
    According to authorities, if anyone sees Cole, they're encouraged to take a picture, keep him in their sights and call the police. They said individuals should not approach him as they do not know how he will react.

Additionally, Cole's father told 2 On Your Side, "I wanted to make sure people know that when they talk to him, it's gonna seem like he's nervous but he really isn't but he's going to act like he is.

12. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

@GuyfromCanada is it at all possible to have the title changed from saying ‘autism’ to saying “autistic”?

YaYa_521, Turkeytrot, JMapes and 10 others like this.
  13. Zahreenuh

Zahreenuh Mama Hen

This is near me and I’m in the Facebook group for him. This has been heartbreaking. I worry he went into the water or someone took him.
    This is all very odd. I am curious why cops aren’t doing more or something… it is an awful long time.

I didn’t see this thread when I made mine about him. Oopsie. The weather has been very cold and rainy :(

14. Angel4u2Whisper2

15. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

I know that most recently at work we say " person with autism" rather than an ""autistic person" because the later sounnds like the sole descriptor of any person, so their disability does not define them. I hope my explanation helps a a little, it confused me when I first heard it, but I get it now.

YaYa_521, mpnola, MelInTN and 5 others like this.
  16. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

I am autistic. And I don’t say that I have Autism. I’m pretty sure that most autistics don’t refer to themselves as “having autism”. Rather they say they’re on the spectrum, and some call themselves Aspie’s.
    But hey what do I know!?
    mOO

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  17. Angel4u2Whisper2

I have been keeping my eye on this as it is local. There are Facebook groups dedicated to information in the search for Cole. As of this moment there is not any new information on his location or well being. A go fund me page has been created for the family. Please keep praying for Cole to return home safe and sound.

18. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

It is also near me. I live an hour from Olean and we go there quite a lot because its the closet Walmart to us. I have been following this and pray they find Cole.

19. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

Its local to me too. I consider it local because Olean is a place I've gone to all my life like I said this is the closet Walmart here and also St Mary's PA is another place that's closet walmart so we go to either or. I don't recall anything like this happening here. I've been following the case all week.

20. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

He just walks all day? Is that everyday or just on Sundays? No school? No job? Not activities? Just walking around town?