NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012 #2

Personally, I think that the person who killed him is dead now. I'm not sure whether anyone else knows where Colin's body is.

I agree about AT being the person responsible for his death but I believe (hope) that his brother NT, who is back in jail, knows and maybe BN and her relatives also know. I don't think AT hid his body on his own.

I have driven Route 3 from Tupper Lake on my way to Cranberry Lake from CT a hundred times, at least. I remember seeing the billboards and signs all around Tupper in April 2012 and being totally shocked and saddened. Colin's picture and story have stayed with me these last 10 yrs. Was just there yesterday driving home and drove by Setting Pole and Paskangameh rds. I can't seem to forget about this tragedy and came here trying to find out if there were any updates in the case. Sadly, no. What makes it tragic is that this one of the most beautiful, peaceful places on earth (inmo) but so sad in many ways - a lot of poverty and human struggle. The summer people really don't get the whole picture of the area. When the season ends, it's a rough go but TL and its people keep chugging along as best they can. It's such a tranquil beautiful drive on Rte 3, but knowing something so horrible happened there is so sad. I pray for answers for Colin's family. I can't even imagine the pain and suffering. The only thing worse about losing someone is not knowing their final resting place. It's heartbreaking and I am very sorry.

So did AT (Desceased) and his brother NT know Colin?

So many of the original articles are gone now that I can't put my fingers on anything to support a direct connection, but in a school where the average class size is only 50-60 kids and a town where the population is around 3700 people, it's almost certain that they knew each other. Doesn't mean they were friends, but both families are very well known in the area, and the "T" family had a lengthy history of involvement with law enforcement that has been regularly reported in the local news sources.

It's been reported in many of the supporting articles that one of the "T" family stopped twice to offer Collin a ride on the night of his disappearance. I believe that if this happened as reported, it was because they knew Collin and not because they were good Samaritans.

MOO.

What's the theory with Collin and the T Brothers?

Did he owe them money for whatever?
Mouth off to one of them?

There's nothing definitive out there that makes them POI, but it seems to be common knowledge that there was an exchange of words at the party or maybe just general dislike for each other, possibly over a girl. Collin's brother has indicated that Collin could be a hothead, so my own personal theory is that there was a disagreement at the party, Collin was asked to leave and took off walking because his ride had left, and he was either hit accidentally-on-purpose or disposed of after a further altercation.

I also don't discount the fact that Collin was out there walking without a winter coat and could easily have succumbed to hypothermia, burrowing in somewhere he hasn't been found, but I lean much more toward the theory of foul play.

MOO.

What's the theory with Collin and the T Brothers?

Did he owe them money for whatever?
Mouth off to one of them?
Well AT supposedly stopped and spoke to Colin 2x that night while he was on route 3. AT supposedly offered CG a ride and supposedly Colin declined.Twice. Once on the way to drop off the cousin and once on his way back. This makes AT the last person to speak to Colin.

I am suspicious of that whole part of the story.

We need to see the police report for the night this happened.

Feb 12 2024
Colin W. Gillis
NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services

NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services

Born on March 4, 1994, Colin is a white male with blonde hair and blue eyes. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 170 pounds.
Colin is a college student missing under unknown circumstances. He was last seen by a passing motorist who stated he was walking along the southern shoulder of State Route 3 near the Town of Piercefield, New York. Colin was last seen wearing a white and black striped t-shirt, blue jeans and red sneakers. He was also carrying an orange LL Bean backpack containing a red and black coat. Colin was attending Brockport State College. Additional photo is age progressed to 21 years old.
NYSP Ray Brook BCI is investigating. Contact the NYS Missing Persons Clearinghouse at 1-800-346-3543 if you have any information.''

come on people, someone knows something!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back