NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still here and sadly, Colin is still missing. The two year media coverage generated some leads and they are being looked into. Someone definitely knows something.

If you have any questions, please post them. I will pass them on to Patti and she will answer them if she can.

Bumpin' for Colin! Does anyone have any questions? Go Team Colin, let's bring him home. We're missing something, what is it? I know you're all great sleuthers, we need to pull out all the stops and see what can be found, it's there, let's do this!!!

Right, let's do this. I have a lot of questions about the party and the crowd that night. I'll try to put a sensible list together. I'm still trying to figure out Colin's game plan when he exited the party. Were his movements part of pre-planned agenda or did he leave quickly, out of necessity?

Dat's right - let's do this! WHY did the party end ABRUPTLY --- ???

THE TRUTH is out there!

Where is Colin???!!!

We are still here ... just at a loss for ideas on Colin Gillis. The questions that go through my mind I don't feel I can ask. I realize that there is an active investigation going on and trust that just because nothing new is being reported in the media does not mean LE doesn't have scenarios & possible suspect(s) ... I just hate being patient!

I re - read news articles about Israel Keyes and how they feel confident he was not in the area when Colin went missing. So strange how many very similar disappearances there are around the country. Young likeable guys at parties/bars late night/early AM, fights, leaving on foot alone then never seen again. It's crazy & I don't want to give in to 'serial killer theories' but come on, really?! That many unexplained disappearances with similar circumstances? It's just hard to believe.

I wonder if it's ever come out about what the fight(s) were really about? How mixed of a group was this party? Were there only kids (say 16-25, all single?) or were older people there? People from the local community only or some non-locals? What was the purpose of the 'party' - was it planned or impromptu (as in B-day party vs. hey, a few of us will be back in town this weekend - let's get together at So-and-So's house)? Just the way my mind wanders ... sorry if I'm repeating thoughts from earlier posts.

I'm sure the answer to this question is here somewhere but I can't seem to find it so sorry (in advance) for re-hashing:

Was Colin's gf at the party?

Right, let's do this. I have a lot of questions about the party and the crowd that night. I'll try to put a sensible list together. I'm still trying to figure out Colin's game plan when he exited the party. Were his movements part of pre-planned agenda or did he leave quickly, out of necessity?

Hi ontheclock - it's my understanding that Colin leaving the party was not planned. IMHO, it seems that perhaps he walked the opposite way from his home to maybe throw off someone possibly following him? I don't know this for sure of course, no one knows (well someone does - grrr) why he walked the opposite way from his home.

Can't wait to see your list. Thank you!

Dat's right - let's do this! WHY did the party end ABRUPTLY --- ???

THE TRUTH is out there!

Where is Colin???!!!

Thinking back to my younger days, I believe the fight was out of control enough to possibly alert law enforcement, and with some party goers being underage, people scattered.

The truth is definitely out there, I don't believe this was a random abduction. No one gets a pass in my book as to who disappeared Colin. I wish we had a list of at least persons of interest but not even that info has been released. They are holding things close to their vest and I know they are working hard to find Colin. They are always in contact with the Gillis family, which I appreciate.

Thanks for hangin' in with me tarabull!

We are still here ... just at a loss for ideas on Colin Gillis. The questions that go through my mind I don't feel I can ask. I realize that there is an active investigation going on and trust that just because nothing new is being reported in the media does not mean LE doesn't have scenarios & possible suspect(s) ... I just hate being patient!

I re - read news articles about Israel Keyes and how they feel confident he was not in the area when Colin went missing. So strange how many very similar disappearances there are around the country. Young likeable guys at parties/bars late night/early AM, fights, leaving on foot alone then never seen again. It's crazy & I don't want to give in to 'serial killer theories' but come on, really?! That many unexplained disappearances with similar circumstances? It's just hard to believe.

I wonder if it's ever come out about what the fight(s) were really about? How mixed of a group was this party? Were there only kids (say 16-25, all single?) or were older people there? People from the local community only or some non-locals? What was the purpose of the 'party' - was it planned or impromptu (as in B-day party vs. hey, a few of us will be back in town this weekend - let's get together at So-and-So's house)? Just the way my mind wanders ... sorry if I'm repeating thoughts from earlier posts.

There you are! Welcome back! Please ask the questions, you may ask the question that leads to bringing Colin home. Patti will answer the questions if she can so please ask away!

I'm impatient as well as you can tell by all my posts on Colin's thread lol!

Israel Keyes - a true sicko! I am hoping that the FBI has the info right on him, that he was no where near Tupper Lake when Colin went missing.

I think Colin was disappeared by someone he knew or someone he had just met. BUT, I'm with you about the strange disappearances of so many young men! Colin is not a small guy, he's 6'1" and 170 pounds, lean but strong, he wouldn't have been taken without a fight on his part and I think that's why his ID was found on the road, it fell out during a struggle.

The party had some "older" attendees, older than Colin's regular crowd, and many I think that he and others didn't know. I don't know the exact nature of the party but I think it was a "Hey we're in town, let's all get together somewhere." type of party, maybe the older (mid to late 20's people) showed up uninvited? I need to ask that question?! Thanks SunsetGirl!

I sure wish we knew what the fight was about, LE must know because they have interviewed, and re-interviewed, at least 30 people from the party so someone, I hope, would have shared what/who started the fight! It seems that there are people out there who saw Colin during or after the party that haven't come forward, the police know this (as there were over 40 people at the party and seemingly only 30 have been interviewed if I'm reading things correctly) and probably have the names of these people and are trying to give them the chance to do the right thing, if they are reading, I urge them to do the right thing, please!

"Along with those searches, the investigation has also focused on the people who would have interacted with Colin during the early morning hours on March 11, 2012 and have not reported that contact with the State Police.

The New York State Police would like information about or hope to speak to that person or persons.

Anyone who may have information about someone who witnessed Colin Gillis or interacted with him on State Route 3 to contact the State Police BCI Unit in Ray Brook at 518-897-2000.

State Police want to remind citizens not to assume that the information has already been provided to Investigators if they have not personally reported it. All information will be kept confidential. "

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2014/03/10/still_missing/

SunsetGirl, can you ask ForesterJake to add the stop of Lincoln Avenue to his map and re-post here? They stopped there prior to arriving at the party.

Thanks in advance and please ask any questions you may have.

I'm sure the answer to this question is here somewhere but I can't seem to find it so sorry (in advance) for re-hashing:

Was Colin's gf at the party?

No she wasn't at the party. I don't think anyone ever asked that before, good question!

Is there any other information that Colin's family would feel comfortable sharing with us, Kadence? I have a hard time speculating without more to go on. Understandable that they, and LE, would keep some things to themselves. Do you know if there has ever been a person or persons that were looked at as being possibly involved in his disappearance?

Is there any other information that Colin's family would feel comfortable sharing with us, Kadence? I have a hard time speculating without more to go on. Understandable that they, and LE, would keep some things to themselves. Do you know if there has ever been a person or persons that were looked at as being possibly involved in his disappearance?

Hi Hap (and the rest of Team Colin)! I'm still here! I talked with Patti and asked her quite a few questions, which she answered. She usually tells me what I can share and what I can't, as this is a very active investigation. In our last conversation, she didn't say either so I'm waiting for her response as I don't want to share anything that could affect the investigation. I may be more overprotective (is that the right word?) than most verified insiders, I just don't want to make any mistakes which could lead to not finding Colin. I hope everyone understands, which I'm sure you do, because all of you are so awesome. Please stay with me Team Colin!

I will be driving through SL and TL today - thinking about Colin and Paul.

Such a handsome young man - I can't believe that he is still missing. Someone must know something that could bring him home to his family. :(

Attachments

• 408.JPG
    408.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 140
Thank you Kadence for keeping us updated!

Something I had wondered about was how Colin was acting prior to going to the party - even though he had only been home for a short while, it seems like his parents would've noticed if something was 'off'. I found this older news article with this quote:

Mr. Gillis said that the last time he and Patty had seen their son was around 8:30 p.m. Saturday evening, when he left to go to a party.

“Patty and I had just had dinner with him,” he said. “He was pumped up about seeing his friends and joking about how this was the 2012 reunion. It was normal for him to go out and see friends. We were laughing and having a good time, like we always do with Collin.”

http://m.northcountryman.com/news/2012/mar/14/family-collin-gillis-speaks/?page=1&templates=mobile

I've re-read the last 7 pages of this thread and a few times it was asked about Colin's cell phone but not fully answered - surely LE has all this info by now ... it sounds like they tried locating him/his phone & obviously that didn't work.

I'm curious about the last pings (not the same as the last phone calls/texts - although those are interesting & probably useful too!) ... what time & what towers did the last pings come from?

I don't know all the technicalities but this info should at least confirm what is already known about Colin's movements that night but maybe it can or has shed more light on where he went!!??

(snipped to isolate key phrases)
I think Colin was disappeared by someone he knew or someone he had just met...

The party had some "older" attendees, older than Colin's regular crowd, and many I think that he and others didn't know...

I sure wish we knew what the fight was about, LE must know because they have interviewed, and re-interviewed, at least 30 people from the party so someone, I hope, would have shared what/who started the fight! ...

Thanks for this info. - it really changes how I look at things. It's concerning that there were older persons at the party that Colin & his friends did not know.

I have such a hard time imagining his 18+/- yr old buddies (possibly all intoxicated that night at the very least) having the presence of mind to cause Colin to disappear so completely & without a trace ... and to not have a nervous breakdown in the days, weeks, months to follow.

However, an older person I can totally see, with the right amount of motive, wanting and being capable (physically & emotionally) of causing Colin to disappear!

This is of course JMO and I could be completely wrong! I want all of Colin's friends to be innocent. I have noticed interesting patterns on some of his friend's public FB pages though ... lots of regular activity leading up to 2012 then absolutely nothing for a long while, then regular posting again. How many of them deleted posts? I don't want to read into this - it may simply be coincidence, but I find it curious & odd that there's absolutely nothing ... ok, maybe not so odd when LE made it clear they would be monitoring social media activity (I read this in one news report).

Hi everyone! Sorry for not being on here for a while!

TripleA, thank you for sharing a picture of one of Colin's billboards, it is SO hard to believe that he is still missing, it seems so unreal for him to have disappeared in the first place :(

That is a great question about the pings, SunsetGirl! I'll ask Patty if they were able to get any pings off of any cell towers and which ones and what times. Again, great question!

I do have some more answers/information to share:

They don't really know for sure why the party ended early but suspect it may have been due to the fighting.

They also don't know for sure who and what started the fight. This was a 21st birthday party for a relative of the host of the party so the alcohol was flowing. Probably a contributing factor.

While I was thinking that the "older" (up to late 20's) attendees crashed the party, it was actually Colin and his friends (10 total people) that did the crashing. No one knows why they crashed, the two groups didn't hang out together and weren't friends but I do know how word gets out about a party happening and people flock to it, when I was younger, that's what we did. The crashing may have also played a part in the fighting.

Of the about 40 people who attended the party, all are local (10 of them are Colin and his friends) although there is talk that kids from other towns were there as well but that is unconfirmed. That may be the ones LE is reaching out to to come forward, I'm not sure.

Israel Keyes involvement is definitely ruled out.

Hope this info helped out some, I know there's a lot of "don't know whys" that LE probably has the answers to and are holding close to their vest. Colin's disappearance is still a very active investigation and that makes me happy, I'd be happier if Colin was home, but I'll take what I can get, at least his case hasn't been put on a shelf.

(... snipped for key phrases & bolded by me...)

They don't really know for sure why the party ended early but suspect it may have been due to the fighting.

They also don't know for sure who and what started the fight. This was a 21st birthday party for a relative of the host of the party so the alcohol was flowing. Probably a contributing factor.

While I was thinking that the "older" (up to late 20's) attendees crashed the party, it was actually Colin and his friends (10 total people) that did the crashing. No one knows why they crashed, the two groups didn't hang out together and weren't friends but I do know how word gets out about a party happening and people flock to it, when I was younger, that's what we did. The crashing may have also played a part in the fighting.

Of the about 40 people who attended the party, all are local (10 of them are Colin and his friends) ...

Interesting. Thanks for the new info. I wonder if all of Colin's 9 companions have come forward with their versions of the night's events. None of the 9 know why they crashed the party? Or 9 different stories?

This just occurred to me ... Colin began his freshman year in college at age 17 and turned 18 on March 4th. He was a senior in high school then at age 16 ... did he advance 1 or 2 years in school? Graduate early? To be accepted as a pre-med student I assume he was very smart. Sounds like he was a good athlete in high school too.

One might say he had everything going for him ... good looks, charm, smart, athletic ability, nice family (and maybe financial security? - this is just a guess I have no idea of his family's financial affairs) and to top it off he must have been the youngest kid in his class.

Could he have had someone extremely jealous of his 'great life' - maybe an older senior classmate who struggled with grades & social acceptance, difficult family life, didn't make the team, etc. - who was there that night when Colin & his group of friends show up to 'crash' the party ... and when an opportunity presented itself, they decided to show Colin a thing or two ... and maybe things tragically got out of control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆