NY - Convicted child rapist is Upper West Side building super

This video shocked me... Thank you...I just wrote to our Mayor.
the SO lives in the building....We never see him. several of us discussed in it the lobby. This is scary.
My friend live about 5 building from where this SOB lives and nobody has his keys. He is male, thank God.
THESE PEOPLE CAN CHANGE THEIR LOCKS LEGALY.
I am glad I have a doorman, but this is a very affluent area. :furious: Known to be very safe.
IMO this Landlord is a horrific example of a landlord. He should get rid of the guy.

Now I wonder what lurks in Katz's closet too.

Me thinks Mr. Katz doesn't want to pay this guy a decent wage. I'm sure Mr. Katz didn't give a whoop.

Affluent, suburbia, urban, gentrification, lower middle class. It sure doesn't matter. These predators are everywhere and in positions to know when young people get home from school while mom and dad are still at the office.

I know how it is to have to use door jams. However, if I was paying the price to live in Manhattan and still had to jam my door I'd be PO'd. Then again I don't trust anyone so I'd do it anyway.

Hoping you get some action songline. Then they have to check all the buildings and do background checks on who has keys to people's apartments.

I got 4 calls tonight about this article. Some knew the buildings when thery were crack houses.
Based on this photo - i never saw this guy and I am here over 30 years, so he does not live around here he is more then likely called when needed.

:furious: No he should not even be allowed to be a porter who picks up the garbage in a building.

In a large building he would not get away with it for a minute. owner Katz is considered a small landlord but he still has about -30 apartments in all 3 buildings; those building have 5 floors and 2 apartments per floor the basement is not an apartment unless he did something illegal. I have no idea where he got 50 keys. 2 lobby keys per building is 6 +36 at the most units.
His buildings were known to be crack houses. But not anymore.

Yes Michael Douglas lives a block way as do I, but it is NYC and even the best neighborhoods have an occasional rat hole.

time to save this article for our local board.

SO registry says he lives in basement, this is illegal?

Anyone wonder if he has already made copies of the keys?

Ohiogirl. Did you notice two different addy's for place of employment? One matches up with residence.

Maybe I looked at it wrong. Nothing about this seems legal.

Ohiogirl. Did you notice two different addy's for place of employment? One matches up with residence.

Maybe I looked at it wrong. Nothing about this seems legal.

the NY Post reported he's a super for 2 other bldgs

"140 and 142 W. 75th St."

Either they have a misprint/typo or one of the employment addresses is incorrect on his RSO info...but you're right - one addy doesn't match with the info we have from the Post.

Me thinks Mr. Katz doesn't want to pay this guy a decent wage. I'm sure Mr. Katz didn't give a whoop.

Affluent, suburbia, urban, gentrification, lower middle class. It sure doesn't matter. These predators are everywhere and in positions to know when young people get home from school while mom and dad are still at the office.

I know how it is to have to use door jams. However, if I was paying the price to live in Manhattan and still had to jam my door I'd be PO'd. Then again I don't trust anyone so I'd do it anyway.

Hoping you get some action songline. Then they have to check all the buildings and do background checks on who has keys to people's apartments.
Most buildings are Union workers. (that is in the larger buildings). (small percentage of smaller beautiful prewar buildings) Much of Manhattan is larger buildings. However those people should NOT have access to any building anywhere, let alone apartments. even keys to a building is dangerous, because they can nab someone in a hallway and drag them into a basement ...Shudder :twocents:
I agree that he may not want to pay proper wages.

By Law apartments must have windows MUST at least have one room with a window..
I went to peek at building on my way...It has a small window at ground level and the rest of the unit
is below level. A unit must have windows to be a legal apartment. this one is OK for a supper.
They are usually Suppers units.

I did notice, the 2 addresses, but it also said the 144 W 73rd was confirmed 12/09, but BY OFFENDER?
Is that the way they confirm SO addresses in NY?

Victims ages 5, 6, 7 and then one older?

Song does his employer infomration jibe on the registry? There's two I saw at the bottom.

He did time so God forbid if he rapes or sodomizes again do you think he's going back? This guy has the potential to murder a victim.

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=0&x=C43C1DB0-1CB7-41F3-93E7-55936F8DF70A
I will look into this later tonight...I have a sick brother...have to run....

OK I'm back
If you are asking if Katz owns those 3 buildings - he does.
If you are asking if the SO lives in one of them, according to the latest public report he sure does. :crazy:

What no one here may realize is that this is a highly populated area filled with young Families & children as well as many young SINGLE professionals who love to live near Central Park (Joggers, bicycles, runners, hand ball players base ball players, etc...) ALL of them are bait for an SO.:furious:

I will look into the information and the threads you all provided later.
Very sick brother and I must run off.

THis guys name is on every news site in the country now. Good.

The fact that the landlord of the properties failed to check his criminal history says a lot. I wouldn't want a criminal working for me and having the type of responsibility he has. Anything could happen.

I would actually be delighted to hire a newly released convict trying to get his/her feet on the ground if the circumstances were right.

However, in this case, the building landlord didn't even run a check on this man. I find that negligent on so many levels when you are hiring anyone who will have access to the private spaces of so many people.

And I definitely don't think someone who was convicted of rape is a good match for this of job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back