NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

I do think there is a connection between Kellisue and Corrie even though they're on opposite sides of the state. Two women, both missing out of cars.

The Search for Missing Mother of Three Corrie Anderson:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/the-search-for.html

Wow! thank you for the link and information crimewriter74. You have collected a wealth of facts regarding this case.

So, Corrie was in the 'middle' of a divorce from husband #2 and LE is handling this as 'if' there is foul play, the van was found only 1/2 mile from her home through the woods, her soon to be ex used to hunt in those woods and someone had recently broken into her house and rearranged the funiture!:eek:

FWIW, IMHO, it was the soon to be ex who MOST likely broke into her home and moved things around, showing her she did NOT have control of what goes on around there! JMO
I think anyone who's studied these cases, missing or murdered mother - wife knows, in abusive relationships, it's during the time of separation that is the most dangerous. Of course we don't know that this is the case here (abuse), but we don't know what went on behind those closed doors. :(

FWIW, we presently have a # of these cases here on Websleuths where the couple were in the middle of a divorce or separation where the husband has already been charged or the case remains unsolved but all roads point to the husband as the perp but LE just hasn't gotten enough evidence. Unfortunately, that's one of the problems with these cases, ENOUGH evidence to PROVE the 'intimate partner' is the culprit. A very sad fact about these types of cases.

According to recent studies, THREE women a day are murdered by their intimate partner. The majority are women. Women are 11 times more apt to be killed by an acquaintance than a stranger. Scary statistics, imo.

At the least for now on this case, I pray they can locate Carrie. I don't have much hope left that she's alive, unfortunately.

JMHO
fran

I think the internet is a two-edge sword. On one hand it provides knowledge of these disappearances to a much wider group of people far faster than old school newspapers and also allows forums like WS to dissect cases and help figure out what happened.

But it also gives perps a lot of important information on the "what-to-do's" of spousal murder- the evidence that LE looks for, mistakes prior felons made, etc. These men are rapidly learning how to commit murder and get away with it.

I think the internet is a two-edge sword. On one hand it provides knowledge of these disappearances to a much wider group of people far faster than old school newspapers and also allows forums like WS to dissect cases and help figure out what happened.

But it also gives perps a lot of important information on the "what-to-do's" of spousal murder- the evidence that LE looks for, mistakes prior felons made, etc. These men are rapidly learning how to commit murder and get away with it.

A triple edged sword, really, because it also leaks to the perpetrator what the authorities may/may not know! That's why I have stopped discussing what's happening here. I don't want to give HIM a single clue.
I had to stop the group that hangs with my daughter from going out into woods and looking, as well. Those kids could tramp right through a crime scene and not know it, and blow the investigation. Until there's an organized search (organized by LE), a bunch of people with kind hearts could help HIM get off.

OTOH, compared to the number of times this happens, perhaps not as many of them are getting away with murder, percentage wise, of course.

PLUS, it used to be without a body, there was no case. Although that does still happen, there have been a number of these cases in the past few years that were tried and the guy convicted, althought the victim was never located.

I hope that in the coming next few years, LE takes a closer look at many of these. Cases that years ago would have just gone by the wayside, that LE realizes there was foul play MOST likely.

The public at large also needs to learn that 'circumstantial evidence,' at times, is more powerful than eye-witness and sometimes, even dna. (ie they both reside in the residence, ok,.........BUT, there's blood where there shouldn't be AND the accused had motive, means, opportunity, etc) It also doesn't matter if he's a road worker or a doctor, domestic violence can rear it's ugly head anywhere. A trailer in the woods to a mansion in Beverly Hills, it's all about control and what happens when the abuser feels he's loosing it.

JMHO
fran

andersoncopy.jpg

Corrie Anderson, MOTHER OF THREE was last seen on October 28, 2008
at about 1:10 pm, leaving Lake County Dodge in Jamestown, NY,
wearing black corduroy pants, a black leather jacket and small
& wire rimmed glasses. Corrie Anderson's van was located in
a field off of Kortwright Road in Busti, NY.

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wan...w.cfm?ID=d79a38f9-20f5-45c4-8482-27e08b29ec0e

Is there a search scheduled for Corrie this weekend?

Corrie Anderson Search Continues

BUSTI- Another day of clear skies and warm weather aided law enforcement crews as they scoured an area of woods near the home of missing local mother Corrie Anderson.

.......................snip............................

Another full day of searching will take place today and leads are still being followed in relation to the criminal investigation, Talley said.

For such a sizable detail, the number of agencies involved is proportionate.

Along with the New York and Pennsylvania State Police, the search and investigation has included the help of members of the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department, FBI, Lakewood-Busti Police Department, Ellicott Police Department, Jamestown Police Department, New York Forest Rangers, Department of Environmental Conservation and the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Department among others.

Talley said he appreciated the support other agencies have shown with the operation, and hopes they find Ms. Anderson or the missing piece to the puzzle to locate her soon.

Helicopters, ATVs, canine units and GPS mapping are all being utilized to ensure that every inch of land searched is mapped and completely free of evidence, Talley explained.

He said that even though the ground search has covered a lot of ground, the aerial search, complete with forward-looking infrared technology, has covered even more.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/516099.html?nav=5057

IMHO, more information needs to come out about this case and missing person. It's almost ready to fade to {black}, with Corrie still missing and never to be heard from again?

Why?

:(
fran

It's so amazing to me that this can happen in a small town so often and
these crimes remain unsolved and the public isn't offered any information.
Something is really really wrong here but when you think back on how this community handled other incidents - like the Bucky search - its no surprise but I'd like to think we learn from our mistakes

This is crazy-making! LE should be forming searches. VERY soon, this area's going to be under a foot of snow and staying that way for months. It breaks my HEART to think of Corrie laying out there all winter and the kids going without any start to the healing.....

It looks like she was headed home if her car was found close to her home.
Did the boyfriend happen to leave work any time after Corrie stopped by to visit him? I wonder if they could have had a fight while she was there and he made an excuse to leave work and follow her? Just guessing of course. When a woman disappears it usually ends up being the husband or boyfriend or ex of some sort. What about her ex? She had a child so there must have been a ex. I wonder how they got along? I wonder if she had been having any problems with anyone at work or elsewhere? How can so many women just disappear never to be seen again? It doesn't seem that she would have left her car where it was found to get into someone elses car...someone that she knew. Wouldn't she have driven her car on home first? What a mystery.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back