NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

Unless you have been in a similar situation, chances are you cannot fathom what it is like when someone you love goes missing. You see the cases on the news all the time, but how often do you actually take the time to contemplate what the families are going through? It is not easy, nor is it pleasant; however, it is something everyone needs to do, for that person could easily be your own spouse or relative.

One of the families experiencing the pain and the frustration of the unknown is that of 36-year-old Corrie L. Anderson, a mother of three from Chautauqua County, New York, who went missing in October of this year. Since that time, investigators with the New York State Police have released few details regarding the status of the case, and it has all but slipped off the radar of many local media outlets.

"Our hearts ache. How could this happen? It feels as though time is standing still," Corrie's cousin, Laurie Keefe, told Investigation Discovery. "While we struggle to be heard and tell all who will listen, the real world moves at its normal rapid pace, preparing for the holidays, oblivious to our pain. Did this really happen? It is surreal."

In order to help you connect to this family – to understand who Corrie was and to relate to the situation at hand - I asked Corrie's closest family members to give us a glimpse into her life. I wanted to give you, the reader, a connection that you cannot obtain from a photo on a flyer. As expected, the family's response was both genuine, and heartfelt.

Read the rest here:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/12/missing-mother.html

I hope that Texas Equusearch will organize search parties. I hope the dogs can smell through snow, because we have ALOT of it. Right now the family has just asked that we print out new posters and post them everywhere.
Heartbreaking.....

I was born and raised in that area, so I know how thick the woods can be. I hope Texas Equusearch is prepared for it.

I hope that Texas Equusearch will organize search parties. I hope the dogs can smell through snow, because we have ALOT of it. Right now the family has just asked that we print out new posters and post them everywhere.
Heartbreaking.....

yeah, the dogs won't have any problem being able to detect a scent thru the snow at all. but snow slows the process down, because other physical evidence can be overlooked since it would be covered by the snowfall, but as far as scent the snow will not effect that. also snow takes its toll on the search crews especially if there is more then 10 inches of it, makes walking difficult and requires much needed energy to continue a lentghly search.

This is a tragic case, and David's posts really bring the reader closer to the family and the situation. Unfortunately, there has been a great deal of snowfall since Corrie went missing, and a search will be difficult right now, even for dogs. TES members are currently in the area doing recon.

I find it interesting that both Corrie and Kellisue are "big girls", meaning extremely tall for women. 5'10 and 5'11. That to me, is odd in of itself. There's not that many women that tall and two from the same area are now missing, along with They were both driving home, both their cars were found fairly close to their homes, and there is absolutely NO sign of either one. Kellisue's car was burned to the ground but yet the police there say there is no signs of foul play?! What's going on here?

The search and recovery firm Texas EquuSearch is in Chautauqua County, New York, looking into the disappearance of Corrie Anderson, a mother of three who went missing in October.

"We were contacted by the family of Corrie and asked to join the search," EquuSearch spokesperson Barbie Tarr told Investigation Discovery. "Members of our group arrived in Jamestown on Sunday to begin going over the case."

Earlier today, I traveled to Ashville, NY, where I met with Mike Ray, one of the EquuSearch team members that is on the scene to coordinate the search effort. According to Ray, he has visited areas of interest in the case and has identified specific grids to conduct searches in.

Read the rest here:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/12/texas-equusearc.html

Thank you Crimewriter for bringing attention of this case to the attention of Gretawire. I did see that. I'm also following Kelly's case as well.

Thanks for all the attention in these sad cases. The list never stops growing.

I'll pray that both searches come to a conclusion sooner, rather than later.:(

fran

I live in Erie and have seen it on the news several times, but it doesn't seem to get any national news.

We drove to Warren through Sugargrove last night (close to where Corrie is missing from and where her van was found). Along the entire route, there are these big tanks, like 10 feet high 8 feet wide. They sit up off of the ground and right now there are ladders up against some of them. I don't know what they are. I was thinking, that if there's an opening big enough to fit in, they'd be a horribly perfect place to put a body or hold someone alive, if you had time to prepare the place.
I don't know what the tanks are. It's a horrible thought, but I couldn't get it out of my mind since our ride yesterday. Does anyone know what these are? Heating oil? How big are the openings? I actually think that there was one of them where they found Corrie's car.
Probably a stupid thought. My heart is in the right place.

No, I was wrong. The tank in the photo in Crimewriter's blog isn't the same sort of tank at all. These are much taller, off the ground, often are seen in pairs. I've been seeing them my whole life but never paid them any attention until now.
Does anyone know what they are?

I live across the lake from Ashville. I have not heard any news lately about Corrie. It is too snowy & cold to search here. It's sad that the searching won't be done until spring. I truly hope that more information will come forth soon.
I for one do think that this case is related to the ex husband. I also think that something suspicious is happening in our area with all the missing/murdered women. BTW, IIRC all of them had blonde hair, were around 30 yrs. old, and moms too.
I wish Nancy Grace or someone else would do a profile on Corrie as well as the other murders we have had here. When there is relentless persuit of a case (such as Caylee Anthony) there is bound to be an answer.

I'm posting this under three different threads because in each case we have a mother who has disappeared under mysterious circumstances over the last couple of weeks

Faith Lippe disappeared from Cortlandt on 10/3 when she got into someone's car.

Corrie Anderson disappeared from Jamestown yesterday leaving a Dodge dealer and didn't pick up her child from school. Her van was later found without her in it.

Kellisue Achernecht left her job on 9/30, and her car was later found burned to a shell.

Is this three separate cases of domestic violence or is a serial killer stalking New York's women?

Watertown Woman Reported Missing
by Kathy Coffta Sims
Wednesday December 10, 2008, 9:23 AM
Watertown police are asking for the public's help in locating a 33-year-old woman who was last seen just after 9 a.m. Monday at a McDonald's drive thru on State Street in Watertown.

Annette Y. Vazquez, is described as being 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 103 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a full-length cream-colored coat and a knit hat.

Her white, 2005 Chevy Aveo was found at 9:30 p.m. Monday in a parking lot in the 200 block of Arsenal Street, across from the North Country Children's Clinic, in Watertown. Police said they do not know who parked the car there.

The circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Vazquez are considered suspicious and police are asking anyone with information about Vazquez or her vehicle to call 315-782-2233.

OK So Annette was reported missing when she did not show up at the school to pick up her two children from school..... Her ex boyfriend is the only publisized person of interest because he threatened to kill her if she left him, which it is said that she did.... When I was reading about Corrie, it gave me chills because this is sooo similar.

Another sad story (above)....
Prayers for Corrie's family tonight!

I'm pasting the text of an email from Corrie's family below. Would you take a minute to go to Corrie's website and leave a message for her family? And maybe say a prayer that something happens to bring her home? Thanks!

Hello all~ I write this through tears. I have talked with Autumn(Corrie's sister) today and she is starting to be discouraged, she has been so incredibly strong thru this whole situation and I do not want to see her fall now. I am writing in hope that you will visit Corrie's website www.findcorrie.com and just give not only Autumn but the family some encouraging messages to lift their spirits and let them know Corrie is not forgotten. Thank you all for all that you have done, may we soon have some answers.God Bless all of you. With hope~ Kendra

The website is www.findcorrie.com

I'm pasting the text of an email from Corrie's family below. Would you take a minute to go to Corrie's website and leave a message for her family? And maybe say a prayer that something happens to bring her home? Thanks!

Hello all~ I write this through tears. I have talked with Autumn(Corrie's sister) today and she is starting to be discouraged, she has been so incredibly strong thru this whole situation and I do not want to see her fall now. I am writing in hope that you will visit Corrie's website www.findcorrie.com and just give not only Autumn but the family some encouraging messages to lift their spirits and let them know Corrie is not forgotten. Thank you all for all that you have done, may we soon have some answers.God Bless all of you. With hope~ Kendra

The website is www.findcorrie.com

Sorry to say - this situation is not getting any attention any longer in the general public. We cannot just move on from here. There were no searches - large areas for the first critical weeks. Then we waited for the local police to do whatever they do and then winter came. We really need an advocacy group in this region to get better treatment for the families of missing women and their families.
It's awful.

I'm in total agreement with "Karen In NY"; while it might not be the case, it certainly appears (IMO) as though LE and the majority of local citizens have somehow placed Corrie's sudden, unexplained disappearance on the back burner of life's priorities! This is completely unacceptable!:furious: If this tragedy fell on MY family, my very soul would be screaming in pain from the suspected lack of focused, dedicated, "never-give-up" approach for this case!

Not to mention, this area has experienced a rather high number of missing/murdered mothers, along with rumblings that the local LE have the combined IQ of a soap dish. Not good for ANY one living in that area of NY, but that doesn't negate the need for dedication in finding Corrie Anderson or at the very least, some closure for her emotionally/physically traumatized family members.

But when life feels as though it's spiraling out of control, I find comfort in knowing that God is in control and nothing takes Him by surprise. Perhaps ALL of us here at WS could add Corrie (and her family, especially her 3 children) to the prayer lists at our own churches? Samaritan's Purse, Focus on the Family, The Upper Room, Guideposts and many more, have websites that offer and accept prayer requests, so that is another way we could support this family. I imagine they are desperately in need of the comfort one can only find in the hands of God; together we need to lift this family up using the power of prayer, to push aside the fears and find strength to persevere one day at a time.

Goodnight all...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back