GUILTY NY - Destini Smothers 26, found inside a car trunk, Queens, 3 Nov 2020 *Arrest*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Family members last saw 26-year-old Destini Smothers on Nov. 3. She lives in upstate New York, but drove to Queens to attend a funeral.

Last Tuesday, after celebrating her birthday at a Woodside bowling alley with friends, she left with her boyfriend.

He told the family the two started arguing in the car on the Grand Central Parkway in Astoria and she jumped out — something she has done before.

“They confirmed that she’ll just wait for him to come back. What would make this time different for her to just run away in an unfamiliar place? You know what I mean? In the middle of the night? It’s just unlike her,” cousin Cherese McCarthy said.

King said not only has Smothers’ boyfriend stopped picking up calls, various police departments are giving her family the run-around, too.

When the family tried filing a police report with the NYPD, officers told them they needed to contact Albany, where Destini is from.

“When we finally get the report back from upstate, we go to the 114th Precinct,” said Doasia Johnson, the missing woman’s sister.

“Those police told us we got to get back in contact with Albany, so that Albany could call them,” aunt Davonte King said.

“It’s just seven days of calling Albany, calling Schenectady, going to Astoria,” Shareen King added.

The family said it is desperate for the NYPD’s help because they say they need access to surveillance cameras near the Grand Central Parkway so they can see where she got out of the car and in which direction she ran.
Family: Upstate Woman Missing A Week After Going Bowling In Queens

This poor family doing all this running around! For heaven sake somebody help them.

It is obvious something is wrong weather its the boyfriend or not. Did he go back for her?

Hoping Destini is alright.

Yikes... :(

I understand the family's frustration - panic even - but it's standard protocol for the jurisdiction who receives the missing person report to forward it to the jurisdiction of the MP's residence. However, it's common sense that Destini did not WALK back to Albany; it's three hours by vehicle.

Soooo...guessing here about the location of the bowling alley and general area where she may have fled the bf's vehicle: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

If that's the correct bowling alley and she jumped from the vehicle on Grand Central Pkwy in Astoria (West) perhaps the disagreement with the boyfriend was because she wanted to go to Queens, which is to the East.

Astoria to Queens: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Yikes... :(

I understand the family's frustration - panic even - but it's standard protocol for the jurisdiction who receives the missing person report to forward it to the jurisdiction of the MP's residence. However, it's common sense that Destini did not WALK back to Albany; it's three hours by vehicle.

Soooo...guessing here about the location of the bowling alley and general area where she may have fled the bf's vehicle: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

If that's the correct bowling alley and she jumped from the vehicle on Grand Central Pkwy in Astoria (West) perhaps the disagreement with the boyfriend was because she wanted to go to Queens, which is to the East.
Astoria to Queens: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
You must have your special thinking cap on pommy. Great hypothesis. Certainly possible and makes a lot of sense. Geez, I wish I was directionally conscious. Someone might be able to draw the most likely path to bowling alley from Parkway. Good to see you here. ❤️ .

The reporter in this video is standing in front of the Bowlero Bowling Alley which is the one I mapped in my previous post.

Address: 69-10 34th Ave, Queens, NY 11377

Her poor mother. :(

NOV 10, 2020
Family Members Frantically Seeking Missing Mother Destini Smothers Who Vanished In Queens

The reporter in this video is standing in front of the Bowlero Bowling Alley which is the one I mapped in my previous post.

Address: 69-10 34th Ave, Queens, NY 11377

Her poor mother. :(

NOV 10, 2020
Family Members Frantically Seeking Missing Mother Destini Smothers Who Vanished In Queens
What a jurisdiction train wreck, that poor family! Hopefully that interview helps the family!!

NYPD 101st Precinct
Missing Person...Destini Smothers F/Blk 26 yrs old, 5'1'', 120 lbs. Last seen at 68th Street and 30th Ave #Queens. Black hoodie with yellow and white "K" on front, green camo jeans, brown boots, green handbag & gold hoop earrings. If seen call NYPD Crime Stoppers 1-800-577-TIPS

What a jurisdiction train wreck, that poor family! Hopefully that interview helps the family!!

NYPD 101st Precinct
Missing Person...Destini Smothers F/Blk 26 yrs old, 5'1'', 120 lbs. Last seen at 68th Street and 30th Ave #Queens. Black hoodie with yellow and white "K" on front, green camo jeans, brown boots, green handbag & gold hoop earrings. If seen call NYPD Crime Stoppers 1-800-577-TIPS

Great that we have this photo of her outfit (such a NY fit ). Where are her handbag and cellphone? Even her earrings? They seem to be her trademark

Clicking through FB pages is interesting comment wise and I’m glad they’re really going to bat for her with searches etc.

Has anyone else witnessed her jump out of the car before? What is her mood like when she does this? Is this the first time it’s at night? What time was it? Photos are in the dark but that doesn’t mean it was last the bowlero shuts at 11pm

It was her birthday could they’ve been drinking? If that drive is 5 minutes that’s a very short period to get in to an argument unless they were annoyed with each other already getting in.

The family states that K isn’t picking up calls is Destini’s phone on or off can it be please pinged?

Her children would already be asking for her

So this MISSING poster tells a different version of the story. It is confusing.

The earlier version we heard was that she jumped out of her boyfriends car, and hasn't been seen since.

But the poster says it was HER car that she jumped out of. And it says her car is now missing....I don't understand ....?

Also, her family said they need the traffic cameras to show them where she jumped out of the car and what direction she went. But doesn't her boyfriend know that info? I thought they were arguing and she suddenly left the vehicle.

Is the bf being truthful?

So this MISSING poster tells a different version of the story. It is confusing.

The earlier version we heard was that she jumped out of her boyfriends car, and hasn't been seen since.

But the poster says it was HER car that she jumped out of. And it says her car is now missing....I don't understand ....?

Also, her family said they need the traffic cameras to show them where she jumped out of the car and what direction she went. But doesn't her boyfriend know that info? I thought they were arguing and she suddenly left the vehicle.

Is the bf being truthful?
Good catch Katy. I’ve been suspicious from the getgo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit
Back