GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those poor girls. I truly hope it's a relative attempting to 'rescue' them :(

Those poor girls. I truly hope it's a relative attempting to 'rescue' them :(

Same here but it sounds like their father is still in the community so I am hoping their mom or sibling. A Sibling would be a bit troubling for me too unless they felt these girls were in danger.

My first thought was how difficult it would be for one person to get 2 unwilling children into a car and drive off with no witnesses stepping in. Did the girls know this person, were their 2 people (or more involved). Did a deal go wrong - I know the Amish around my area do some building work for people. Would be interested if the family had any business dealings.

So many questions and I hope the public gets as much info as possible since the lack of pictures is a huge hindrance to finding them.

Same here but it sounds like their father is still in the community so I am hoping their mom or sibling. A Sibling would be a bit troubling for me too unless they felt these girls were in danger.

My first thought was how difficult it would be for one person to get 2 unwilling children into a car and drive off with no witnesses stepping in. Did the girls know this person, were their 2 people (or more involved). Did a deal go wrong - I know the Amish around my area do some building work for people. Would be interested if the family had any business dealings.

So many questions and I hope the public gets as much info as possible since the lack of pictures is a huge hindrance to finding them.

It was at least 2 people. The driver and the person seen putting something in the back seat and then getting in the back.

I attend a Mennonite church and have learned there is a wide spectrum of do's and don'ts for Amish and Mennonite.... But one good thing if they don't agree with photography - the girls wouldn't have a passport and would hopefully be unable to cross the border.

This is very sad. If two people were involved makes me wonder if this was planned or spur of the moment. Do the girls always handle the stand by themselves. I wonder if there are pics of the stand. I have not yet read an article but will now.

People are allowed to leave the amish though, they even have rumspringer sp? where the teens go and live like non amish and try forbidden things like movies and electricity etc. Then they have to choose to come back to the amish church and way of life. If they choose not to they are shunned i think, or at least they no longer live with families etc. but it isn't something terrible that they are forced to live forever

The roadside stands are fairly predictable. I see the same stands every day in the same locations.

The 6 yo has a round scar on her forehead and missing front teeth. That would be easy to spot.

Hmm, I wonder if it's a small round chicken pox type scar or a something larger and more noticeable. Unfortunately most 6-7yr old girls are missing a few teeth so that may not be super noticeable.

Hopefully LE can rear lass composite sketches maybe? Do the Amish have painted or drawn portraits done?

Their family must be so worried :(

Hmm, I wonder if it's a small round chicken pox type scar or a something larger and more noticeable. Unfortunately most 6-7yr old girls are missing a few teeth so that may not be super noticeable.

Hopefully LE can rear lass composite sketches maybe? Do the Amish have painted or drawn portraits done?

Their family must be so worried :(

That is what I was thinking that maybe a composite could be done.

Without the public knowing what they look like, it would be very hard to spot (especially if their clothes are changed, or their appearances have been changed).

It would be interesting to know if any relatives or close family have recently left the Amish community and then maybe came back in an attempt to rescue the kids? I agree with some of the other posters, that is best case scenario here, although I don't know how realistic it would be given the fact this was done right off the street. If it truly was a rescue kidnapping of some sort, the relative would know how to get to the family home and abducting from there, at night, would be a "safer move" I'm sure.

I just find it odd they were taken right from the side of the road. My instinct says this was somebody who had been watching these two girls for quite some time and finally decided to act on it - although I pray I'm wrong.

I just spoke to a friend who lives a bit further north and she also believes that this could be retaliation against the Amish community, or a warning/scare tactic.

It is not really the middle of nowhere, but it is very rural. There are several larger villages/communities within a 30 mile radius.

I imagine its probably someone that knows they run the stand alone sometimes, someone familar with the area,oh I hope this is a scare tactic otherwise if this turns into a trafficking thing I think I might explode.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member