Found Deceased NY- Dominic Michael Davy, 30, Endicott, 10 April 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dominic and his Mama, she misses her son and desperately needs to hear from him.

Please if you know anything, call the Endicott Police at 607-785-3341. This man is deeply loved and missed~
    Help Bring Dom Home

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bump for Dom!

3. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

I've been asked to begin a Case Archive. I will soon.

Even if it is a hoax (which idk) it will be interesting to say the least.

kelsie, AnnaGrace, angelainwi and 3 others like this.
  4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I'm not going to consider that comment valid.

fackshat, bears10, mgeni and 8 others like this.
  5. AmandaReckonwith

Tripod, AnnaGrace, Knox and 3 others like this.
  6. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Former Member

Dominic is expected to defend his dissertation entitled, "Education and Social Death: Black Students' Lived Experiences with School Discipline " in May 2020. .

Very sad case. The fact that his Jeep was near the bridge is alarming, without an obvious reason for being there. Also, defending a dissertation for a doctorate is incredibly stressful. What if he felt he wasn't prepared, to couldn't get prepared. There could be a burden he felt that he would let down those that loved him. We never know what people are thinking.

Dominic's disappearance reminds me of the disappearance of college student Achim Bailey of Springfield MA. Happy and bubbly, his disappearance was a mystery. Seemed to have everything going for him, but it was tragically determined that he jumped from a bridge near where he was last seen. His body was later found in the river.

I hope that Dominic just needed a break.

Monday marks one-year since Achim Bailey's disappearance

7. AmandaReckonwith

I am all caught up. Unfortunately there was not much news past the first week. I added just about everything I could find.

Dominic Davy Case Archive:
    Dominic Davy -NY- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this, and scroll:
    Dominic Michael Davy

I want to clarify a post I made upthread... I don't think this is a hoax, there was a poster on the thread (removed now) who said that.

8. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

*modsnip*.

As far as Dominic's case... it sounds like they have his phone ; so maybe clues there ?
    Somewhat frightening that his car was found by a river.
    Can't help but think about the "Smiley Face" killer or the other cases of young men going missing by water.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
  9. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Active Member

This is awful. I live a few miles away in the next town over. I can’t believe I haven’t heard about this poor man.

10. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

There are any number of people who go through a period of crisis when they are coming toward defense and finalization of the PhD. A couple of years ago, a man who was supposed to be finishing his PhD went and disappeared (he had a thread here) and was found alive but clearly had had some sort of breakdown. (Lance Calvin Buckley was his name. He was found but killed his wife and children before killing himself months later. In searching for Lance, I am struck by the sheer number of college students, across levels, who have disappeared. It is astounding.)

I hope this talented and hardworking young man is found alive and just needed a brief break. I worry that he has been harmed (either through self-harm or violence by another) and this won't end well.

Come home, Dominic. Your family loves and needs you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Help Bring Dom Home

There’s is now a $2000 reward being offered for any info leading to his return.

12. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Thank you for adding Dominic, fantastic job as usual!

13. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

I have to chime in and say that I’m disgusted at the amount of stress that academia puts on these young people. All this mental anguish just so you can have a career and live your life? It’s gross.

14. deadfoot13

deadfoot13 Well-Known Member

Not to be argumentative, but there's a reason the process isn't easy, and ultimately the pressure comes from the individual themselves, not the professor or institution (not one of my professors ever told me I was obligated to work myself ragged, they just assigned the work and graded what I chose to submit -- it was all on me as to how much work I chose to put in to get an end result I found satisfactory.) Just like with anything worthwhile, it involves a considerable amount of work to achieve the end goal, and the process culls out those who may not be able to adequately perform the job duties that go with the respective career. I would love a doctor's salary, but I'm not nearly motivated enough to pursue that degree because I am much too lazy to put in the work it requires -- imagine what a terrible doctor I would be if getting credentialed were that easy...

The bottom line is that you don't have to endure any mental anguish to have a career and live your life, there are plenty of paths out there that are happily and successfully followed by those who don't wish to endure the rigors that go along with pursuing an advanced degree.

15. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

SBM. Hi LietKynes, nice to see you here for Dom!

Just wanted to say... as a person who has extensively researched the Smiley Face killer theory for a couple of college level courses, and as a woman in their mid-twenties who lives in the Midwest and has known multiple of these young men personally who end up in the river, the SFK theory is completely unfounded. JMO!

16. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

A nice video done by his family and his students.

17. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

18. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Fair points! Great post.

bancam, altissima, deadfoot13 and 3 others like this.
  19. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Bumping for Dominic

Marg from Oz and mlhenn like this.
  20. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

I was just rereading through the thread, to see if we missed anything, since there has been no more details released. I was looking at the map you posted, @Knox. and noticed that Dom's residence was just under one mile from where Dom's vehicle was found. I'm not a runner, but it seems strange IMO that he drove there, when he lived so close to the river, and so close to the running trail. My spouse has run for years, and he never drives to a place to run, but maybe other do.

upload_2020-4-26_5-25-39.png
    Google Maps

If I go back to your map, @Knox, that has Binghampton University marked on it, I'm thinking that Dom could have been driving towards the University, and just stopped along the way.