Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

She lived for almost eight years in the Albany area while she was in college (Union) and Albany Medical School. She would know that area well, in addition to having friends from both places. I cannot get away from the idea she needed a clean break to figure out her life going forward.

She lived for almost eight years in the Albany area while she was in college (Union) and Albany Medical School. She would know that area well, in addition to having friends from both places. I cannot get away from the idea she needed a clean break to figure out her life going forward.
I can't get away from notion she was attacked.
I just cannot shift it.

I can't get away from notion she was attacked.
I just cannot shift it.
Why would someone mug her though? She wouldn't have been carrying anything of value that someone would recognize and want. If she was knocked unconscious and then came to and wandered around, she would have been seen and helped. If she was killed, she would have been found by now.
Do we know if anyone other than her mom saw her there in the park after she decided to walk on or could report that they knew she was there that morning.

This link contains no new information
CrimeOnline spoke to two witnesses who say they saw police activity in the park on Saturday afternoon, near Victory Boulevard not far from the ice skating rink. Diana Glinskaya and Kristina Minaichenko, both Staten Island residents, said they saw multiple police vehicles and uniformed officers. One officer was seen carrying an item or items away from apparent search area, the witnesses said.

Saukin’s family has not yet publicly commented on her disappearance.

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/11/...nKKL4mic64Io9d1agTVysc8R2CQ092mGvSD7U56RnicuA

Would it be unusual for family not to comment in a missing adult case?

without reading all comments. when one gives their life and career and somehow loses it, its pretty devastating. my sister was/is a dentist who owned her own practice by 30. she later broke her wrist. she was never as productive after and hired an associate. then she eventually filed a claim under her insurance and now is a sahm and very active w local politics and her children's PTA but constantly arguing w her husband and is, I believe, bored.

Also a coworker of mine is a custodian. he was previously a physical therapist who also owned his own practice. he got a dui and lost everything... his wife, home, practice, and career. he tried to get his license back but gave up as it required this program that cost thousands a month and he had to be available 24/7 to test. he said it had a very low rate of success and he ran out of money.

my point is this loss can be very depressing for a super accomplished person who worked so hard for it.

My gut reaction was suicide. But if she did that in the park she should have been found.
"Ran away from life" would require a whole escape plan. Probably a vehicle, money, a plan.

No reporting at all of her personal life, so we only know what we sleuth that can't be told here, which is minimal.
Easier to leave your life if single, no children.

Family has said nothing.

Hopping off your post, I notice a huge range of shelters exist in Albany.
albany new york womens refuges - Google Search

No doubt they have checked them all out already.
But it's possible it's something she considered if she left voluntarily.
A place to lay her head.

Last edited:
Praying for a presser...
Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?
They would have searched the entire park by now, located her phones and computers, banking, social media, interviewed all her friends.... her family.. any medical consultants treating her, her medical records, and still-zero??

without reading all comments. when one gives their life and career and somehow loses it, its pretty devastating. my sister was/is a dentist who owned her own practice by 30. she later broke her wrist. she was never as productive after and hired an associate. then she eventually filed a claim under her insurance and now is a sahm and very active w local politics and her children's PTA but constantly arguing w her husband and is, I believe, bored.

Also a coworker of mine is a custodian. he was previously a physical therapist who also owned his own practice. he got a dui and lost everything... his wife, home, practice, and career. he tried to get his license back but gave up as it required this program that cost thousands a month and he had to be available 24/7 to test. he said it had a very low rate of success and he ran out of money.

my point is this loss can be very depressing for a super accomplished person who worked so hard for it.

I'm a licensed pharmacist who realized in 2012 that the profession I practiced and loved for 18 years was no longer the one I had trained for. I'm still licensed (although I'm thinking about not renewing in 2022) but in the ensuing years, I have had an online resale business out of my home.

I've had a cancer diagnosis in the meantime, and healing emotionally from that was less traumatic than this was, so I do understand a bit.

Correction note, Ellen's article says Nov 8, but it should say 18.

No surveillance video of Staten Island doctor Tamara Saukin from morning of mysterious disappearance, police say

On Tuesday, an NYPD spokesperson told SILive.com that investigators had attempted to obtain surveillance video of the park, presumably from the morning of Saukin’s disappearance, but were not successful. The NYPD did not immediately respond to a request for further clarification.

https://twitter.com/EllenKilloran/status/1333927969723715584

Not to be callous but she could be off on an alcohol binge, even living on the street some where.
Well, she is still a missing woman.
LE have spent about 2 weeks searching that park, with probably the best of K9's.
She may be drinking and if so I'm happy she's alive and has the possibility of a future.
But she may have been attacked, taken too.
The problem with this missing person's case is that we have no significant information upon which to base any theory at all.
There is zero 'she might be here' or 'she might have gone this way'.
It's been two very long weeks now.
I'm personally more stressed by this case than I've been in the past.

Correction note, Ellen's article says Nov 8, but it should say 18.

No surveillance video of Staten Island doctor Tamara Saukin from morning of mysterious disappearance, police say

On Tuesday, an NYPD spokesperson told SILive.com that investigators had attempted to obtain surveillance video of the park, presumably from the morning of Saukin’s disappearance, but were not successful. The NYPD did not immediately respond to a request for further clarification.

https://twitter.com/EllenKilloran/status/1333927969723715584
The lack of surveillance video is extremely concerning.
Yet, they focused their efforts on the park.
They must have had a good reason to do that.

The lack of surveillance video is extremely concerning.
Yet, they focused their efforts on the park.
They must have had a good reason to do that.
I agree! Local resident Victor posted last week that there was an "extensive network of cameras" around the park and I assumed that LE had footage that influenced their search. We really have NO clues!

I assume it's going to remain unclear which camera footage LE has viewed by now and what it could mean, but I do wonder if their focus on the park is due to some indication she's there or simply that they must be certain she isn't.
To me, the continued searching makes sense either way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back