Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Sorry to be grim, but she would have likely taken pills, the preferred self-imposed exit of females.

Amateur opinion and speculation

2. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Yes, much easier route, but she could have done that back at her own house or booked into a hotel, left a note or whatever?
    Why the park?

3. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Maybe she considered it a beautiful place, maybe even sacred in it's beauty, and that's where she chose to depart.

Of course, she could have had an accident and is yet to be found; that's a possibility as well.

Amateur opinion and speculation

4. kittythehare

It is indeed a beautiful place.

5. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Oh no, this is so sad.

I hope she's still alive. It looks like the family really tried to help her and be there for her.

6. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

7. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Sleep deprivation plays a large role in depression sometimes. Up at 5:00 - something to head to the park for a walk starting around 6:00 a.m.(speculation based on her mother returning to the car around 6:30 a.m?)
    And I wonder how much physical pain she was still in from the car accident. :(

8. kittythehare

9. kittythehare

10. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

Because her family appeared to be keeping a close eye on her and were worried. She needed to escape in order to have the privacy that she required.

If self harm is what has occurred, it is a very private and intimate act. You don't want your family to find you. You are actually trying to shield them.

Unfortunately, I have been up close with this type of situation several times. One chose to overdose by a lake, another in the woods, another called LE and told them where he could found so as to protect his family.

This woman's world was crumbling all around her. I can only imagine the humiliation, the pain and feelings of being overwhelmed that were constantly assaulting her.

I hope for a happy ending. Maybe she did just run to get away. I hope so. I truly do. Now that we have some information on what was going on in her life I can see a "running scared" kind of deal. I hope that's what we are dealing with.

Hope springs eternal.

MOO

BrownRice, LemonMint, Sjm_qc and 29 others like this.
  11. hot cawfeee

hot cawfeee Well-Known Member

I wonder if its done so a doctor cannot write out scripts or if its to put a "hold" of sorts on insurance ??? Or if a doctor could not refer one to another OR if a patient couldn't create a phony scrip or bill.......just thinking aloud kids !!!

12. azure

azure Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you read the whole thread but she was facing criminal charges for DUI and driving under the influence of drugs. They likely were about to suspend her license but she chose to surrender it.

Luckyzmom, Sjm_qc, misgrn and 17 others like this.
  13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

14. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

I work for a physician. You surrender your license to AVOID a disciplinary action that you know is going to occur. When physician's renew their license every few years, they answer questions about drug/alcohol addictions, have you been arrested, are you mentally sound, etc. If you falsely answer these questions, you can have your license revoked. Many physicians retire or take a hiatus from practicing medicine and do not surrender their license.

I have not read the entire thread, but wanted to share how it works in my state with my physicians. I truly feel she was in a downward spiral. This case is somewhat like the Leanne Bearden case out of Garden Ridge, TX. She had been on a 2 year around the world adventure with her husband. They had just returned before Christmas I believe. They were at her in laws home and she went for a walk as she usually did. Took her backpack with water in it and disappeared. It took a couple of months or more to find her body in a grove of trees behind a home. She had a rope in her backpack which she used to commit suicide. Come to find out after she was found she had been battling depression. It surprised me so much because she seemed so happy.

I hope she is found safe, but I fear she has harmed herself....

15. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

NYPost wasn't the only source to mention that she was walking at the park with her mom, and according to other articles, the source was Law Enforcement.

Missing S.I. doctor was walking with mom before she disappeared, source says

To me it sounds like her family may have had her on a kind of suicide watch (depressed people are often advised to start the day with a walk but families of the severely depressed know how hard it is to just let them go by themselves). Sometimes, the depressed person will pretend to be chipper, just to get a moment alone to enact a suicide plan.

Of course, it could still be foul play, but given that she had voluntarily surrendered her medical license not too long ago, I suspect mental health issues. I really feel for her. Even with really good medical treatment, severely depressed people remain at risk for suicide even when on anti-depressants.

Her FB mentions no children and no relationships, and is quite sparse with the information.

16. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

How do AA groups handle situations like this? Are they protected from inquiry by LE and anyone else or would they anonymously tip off LE that the person is alive and well?
    MOOMOOMOO

17. kittythehare

I put up 3 or 4 new links today and this is another.
    I'm a tad disturbed now.
    Police said Dr Saukin struggled with alcoholism and had previously expressed suicidal thoughts.

Dr Saukin maintained a family medicine practice until 9 October, when she withdrew from her work "due to unforeseen circumstances." A short time later, she changed her employment status to "self-employed."

When a friend on her Facebook asked her what was going on, she replied "Family issues. Thanks much for asking."
    That text keeps appearing in almost the exact same format in every single report.

NYPost first reported her 'alcoholism', possibly because they found the DUI charge,
    That could well have been a mere one off incident.
    I have no idea where they got her alleged history of depression.
    LE are on Twitter, we've shared all their tweets, they didn't mention either depression or suicide.
    She would have had to complete some addiction therapy in order to get her licence cleared if she wanted to return to full practice for even a single incident. That is true.

But where is it written that this lady was a full blown alcoholic and suffered from depression? Did LE really give that info to NYPost?

I do not have a good grasp of her personality but something isn't sitting well with me.
    I understand media is bought in bulk and distributed in this manner but by now, 9 days today we should know some more of her story.
    Human beings have lots of capabilities but disappearance is not one of them. If she is in that park why has she not been found by now?
    Are they searching elsewhere at all?
    It's all so very quiet, too quiet by far..
    All IMO

The NYPD did not immediately respond to a request for further updates on the investigation.

18. kittythehare

AA would not break confidentiality.
    But, if she just started AA after the May arrest, she'd still be relatively new. If she had a good sponsor they would encourage her to let someone know she's okay.
    (I don't think she's there.)

If she truly was a very heavy long-time drinker and not attending just because she had to prove she was accepting treatment, she'd be very vulnerable still. A lot would depend on who she met along that road to recovery.

19. kittythehare

20. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

Such a sad case. She has/had so much talent and accomplishments. The arrest and license surrender may have made her feel "worthless".

I also hope they do a good search around her home.