GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Lusitana, Nov 5, 2020.

1. sedona2000

sedona2000 Active Member

Who has 35K in cash in their house and no working automobile? Makes no sense! They had 7-10 adults at different times living in the house and not one working vehicle? Clearly finances were not an issue if they were able to keep 35,000 in cash in their home. They have no excuse for not having a vehicle to bring Evanna to the doctors or hospital in the weeks leading to her death.

2. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Looked further into this. The leader Mario Pianisi is suspected of killing his first wife by keeping her on Ma Pi exclusively.

Thanks all for thoughts on the books.

This guy specifically followed George Ohsawa (MsMarple) mentions. The teacher of Kushi who put his spin on it a bit. I only had books by Kushi.

As far as Tenji? Oddly on VT Twitter or Instagra (I confuse them). There's a photo outdoors of four young women. VT thanks @ whatever saying that pic is good. I followed the @ whatever and it belongs to Tenji????

I'll go look it up again because I can't link. I want my Chrome book back. Wah!

But yeah guy in Italy accused of killing wife by diet.

3. Filly

It is Instagram. Dated September 26. On VTB Instagram. The photo either is taken by Tenji or commented on by @tekushi.

I don't have instagram so have to scroll quick.

Sept. what year, but they do communicate.

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy and Warwick7 like this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any mention of the father filing for custody since the children were removed. Going by the family's FB page they don't seem to think much of him. They complained that the last time he visited he left all his empty beer bottles behind.

If he had an established relationship with the kids or some kind of ongoing visitation with them he might have been given custody. DSS may have thought it better for the children to keep all the siblings together, rather than separate them.

Imo

Marg from Oz, Hoosgirl, Filly and 5 others like this.
  5. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

scorpiomama77 Hey again.
    Another nice one. Thanks @tekushi

6. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Judges don't issue gag orders on their own. A party has to make a motion in open court for a confidentiality order and the other side has the opportunity to oppose it. So I seriously doubt that is what happened here. Judges don't sit around taking calls from members of the public about their cases. VTB likely voluntarily took the page down, either on the advice of counsel, or under threat from one of the people they have been making defamatory statements about. But my point earlier was that Facebook does not routinely take down pages (and they often fight these requests since they do not want to be responsible for policing what is on the platform) so I think this was "voluntary" (i.e. not court ordered).

Marg from Oz, Warwick7, Filly and 9 others like this.
  7. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

8. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

You wouldn't think anyone here was accused of reckless homicide. Just another day taking pictures of flowers and vintage clothes. They can say what they want about how unfair the DA and DSS are, but low-income minority clients are sitting in jail for lesser charges and these girls are posting about knitting and clothes on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/scorpiomama77/
    https://www.instagram.com/tevania_/
    https://www.instagram.com/petchbennett/
    https://www.instagram.com/_daydream_in_blue_/

9. Boytwnmom

Boytwnmom Verified Attorney

I assume it's their mistrust of government. I don't think that's a new thing for them since they've been involved with DSS/CPS in 2 states going back many years. They don't want the gov to know anything about them.

It's a fairly common "craze". Goes along with preppers which they may be with all the emphasis on growing and preserving food. But no birth certificates, social security #'s drivers licenses or car registrations for these people. It causes huge problems when kids want to leave when they're of age. The brainwashing doesn't always work! But this family seems to have cornered the market on it.

10. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Say it louder for the people in the back. The whole family is still living their life, they sleep in their beds, they eat their special better than everyone else’s food and are free to walk around. Evanna is dead.
    Other people with less serious charges are not in the same position.

11. Filly

When I found it I thought the same exact thing!

12. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE:
    We ask members to use the QUOTE or the REPLY feature when replying to posts by other members. That way it is clear what the reply is in reference to. Posts that forget to use the quote or reply feature can be confusing and subject to removal.

Faithfully,
    CocoChanel

13. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I have the impression that none of the children have birth certificates or any other official documents. Early on, when TBF was complaining about DNA tests being requested, they went on and on about how authorities had proof of the identities of the children because they had seized pictures of them being born. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  14. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Regarding the gardens and farming , maybe they are staged at 'a friends' who runs the co-op. It's possible her family owns the land. Just guessing here.

IMO, the whole 'family life' as we have been shown on FB has been a staged production.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  15. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

BAM!!

Marg from Oz and mom2four717 like this.
  16. sedona2000

sedona2000 Active Member

Their posts and pictures make me sick. They are smiling without a care in the world despite the fact that their little sister is dead, the younger siblings are still in foster care and VTB's four children are in foster care. It's like the four oldest TB girls are just carrying on in life like the rest of the little children never mattered. What is wrong with this family?

17. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

VTB complained that she was still "researching" who was "safe" to turn her paperwork into for the school district when they took her children away again.

MOO is the children weren't taken away for untimely filing. They were taken be cause VTB refused to remove her children away from SB & HTB.

MOO is her defiance is more important to her than having her children with her.

What is that old saying???
    "Cut off your nose to spite your face."

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

They did say in one of their posts that the children were removed for medical and educational neglect. There must have been a reason for that.

They mentioned that one child was placed two years below grade level. It could be that some of the children tested below their "stated" grade level. Also, DSS may have found that the youngest was eligible for early intervention. The family complained that one child was placed in Special Ed.

Imo

19. Jane_Fox

Jane_Fox Former Member

WOW! I really didn’t follow thru with this, but in my mind it is ABSOLUTELY RELEVANT! “Macrobiotic cult” search really gave me better insight into seeing this family is EXACTLY what constitutes a family cult IMO- MOO is Steven Bennett just didn’t have that “charismatic” personality to actually gain any “followers” except in his family & a few stragglers who seem IMO as “lost soul” types anyway- IMO He truly has ZERO achievements in his life no matter what his adult girls say about him (not only is he not a successful “Health Advisor”, didn’t even make it as a cult leader lol, IMO. I HIGHLY SUGGEST others to look at that news article of the Macrobiotic Cult Crime!! TY @Filly

Marg from Oz, momsof3, Filly and 3 others like this.
  20. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

What irks me is how dishonest the family presents what they call "facts" and "evidence." In a post supposedly written by the father of two of Venuska's kids he claims that DSS wanted the parents to sign a non disclosure agreement regarding visits with the kids because... DSS doesn't want them to tell about the harm DSS has caused to the kids while they are in foster care. :rolleyes:

Really? Did he actually think anyone would read that and believe that's the reason? Does he, as a parent, not consider the harm it causes the children to disclose all the stuff the family has posted?

Worst of all IMO is the family claims to have evidence of numerous past assaults on the children by DSS and foster caregivers going back to 2002 and yet they never once called LE or filed a lawsuit or contacted the Attorney General in Massachusetts or New York.

They did nothing to protect their children. Instead they brag about how they sneaked in cameras to the kids so they could "document" the assaults. Then... nothing. Nothing about what they did with the supposed evidence. So they brag that they have documented proof going back to the early 2000s yet never reported it to any authority?

And they wonder why the community refuses to get behind them in support. DSS cases going back 18 years and not one criminal or civil case ever brought by them against the alleged corrupt officials harming the children. Now they're in trouble again for neglecting the kids and this time Evanna paid the price. Let's hope there won't ever be another child who suffers because the adults think they walk on water.
    MOO