Found Deceased NY - Female torso and body parts found, Brooklyn Park, 9 Apr 2018 - Brandy Odom *arrest*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Woman’s armless, legless body found in Brooklyn park, NYPD says

A parkgoer found the torso on Monday and called 911, police said.

Additional body parts were discovered Tuesday at a Brooklyn park where a woman's armless and legless torso was found Monday evening, a law enforcement source said.

The naked torso was left near the pedestrian path in Canarsie Park, at East 86th Street and Seaview Avenue, according to police. Someone walking their dog in the park saw the remains, covered by leaves, and called police at about 6:10 p.m. Monday, NYPD spokesman said.

The woman was not immediately identified. The medical examiner will determine her cause of death and the investigation is ongoing.

It was not immediately clear where the additional remains were found in the park, but police are investigating whether they are connected to the torso, the source said.
8d211cc73cde1483168406a9eccaf921.jpg

NYPD officers investigate Tuesday at Canarsie Park in Brooklyn, where a woman's armless and legless body was found Monday evening. Photo Credit: Corey Sipkin

Motive sought after dog-walking resident discovers dismembered body in park
http://abc13.com/news/motive-sought...t-discovers-dismembered-body-in-park/3327665/
[...]

Odom was never reported missing, a police source said.

[...]

The medical examiner will determine the cause of her death, police said.

A reward up to $2,500 is being offered for information leading to an arrest and indictment of anyone responsible for her death, the NYPD said. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-577-8477.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...se-torso-was-found-in-brooklyn-park/23408538/

#NYCity - Police on Wednesday identified the 26-year-old woman whose severed head, torso, arms and legs were discovered littered across a Brooklyn park.

The dismembered body of Brandy Odom, who lived in the Bay View housing project just across the street from Canarsie park where her corpse was found, was first spotted Monday evening.

A woman walking her dog discovered Odom’s head and naked torso partially shrouded in leaves just off a park path near E. 86th St. and Seaview Ave. at 6:10 p.m., police said.

Cops found what they suspect are the victim’s unclothed arms, legs and other body parts covered in plastic bags as they scoured the park for clues Tuesday.

The park-turned-dumping ground remained closed Wednesday morning, police said.

Authorities have not yet determined how Odom died, but her face was swollen with bruises, with her arms severed at her elbows, and her legs just below her buttocks, a source said.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...se-torso-was-found-in-brooklyn-park/23408538/

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Family Identifies Dismembered Body in Brooklyn Park:
‘It Was My Chocolate.’

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/nyregion/dismembered-body-brooklyn-identified.html
The description on television news reports was vague, except for one detail: The woman whose dismembered body was discovered in Canarsie Park in Brooklyn this week had a tattoo of the word “Chocolate” above her left breast.

When the woman’s grandmother heard that on Tuesday, she told her daughter, the woman’s mother, who looked up who was investigating the case and went to the 69th Precinct station house.

“So I can find out if this is my child,” the mother, Nicole Odom, said on Wednesday.

She brought a picture of her daughter, Brandy Odom, 26. Detectives showed her a picture of the body they found in the park. The arms and legs had been cut off; they were later found in plastic bags nearby.

“It was my kid. It was my Chocolate,” Ms. Odom said.

The killing has deeply unsettled people living near the park, a stretch of woods and playground bordering Jamaica Bay, and set questions swirling around what happened. Investigators determined Brandy Odom’s limbs were cut off after she had been killed, a city official said. But the medical examiner has not said how she was killed, and the police have not made any arrests.

[...]

Raised in Crown Heights, Ms. Odom was a former security guard who had trained in cosmetology after high school and recently passed the exam to become a city school safety agent, her mother said. Nicole Odom got a letter from the city in March telling Brandy to come in for an interview for the school safety job, and she called her daughter with the good news.

It was the last time they spoke.

Ms. Odom was living in Queens, her mother said. She often visited her aunt and cousins in their apartment in the Bayview Houses in Brooklyn, less than a mile from where her body was found. She stopped by on the weekends, talking, laughing, listening to reggae music and cooking West Indian food with two cousins, said Madonna Alfred, 41, a neighbor.

She is not the first dismembered woman found in that area. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you could share links I’d appreciate it. Maybe the other bodies/cases can lend further information about the perps actions/thinking and we can find an answer![emoji177]

Family Identifies Dismembered Body in Brooklyn Park:
‘It Was My Chocolate.’

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/nyregion/dismembered-body-brooklyn-identified.html
The description on television news reports was vague, except for one detail: The woman whose dismembered body was discovered in Canarsie Park in Brooklyn this week had a tattoo of the word “Chocolate” above her left breast.

When the woman’s grandmother heard that on Tuesday, she told her daughter, the woman’s mother, who looked up who was investigating the case and went to the 69th Precinct station house.

“So I can find out if this is my child,” the mother, Nicole Odom, said on Wednesday.

She brought a picture of her daughter, Brandy Odom, 26. Detectives showed her a picture of the body they found in the park. The arms and legs had been cut off; they were later found in plastic bags nearby.

“It was my kid. It was my Chocolate,” Ms. Odom said.

The killing has deeply unsettled people living near the park, a stretch of woods and playground bordering Jamaica Bay, and set questions swirling around what happened. Investigators determined Brandy Odom’s limbs were cut off after she had been killed, a city official said. But the medical examiner has not said how she was killed, and the police have not made any arrests.

[...]

Raised in Crown Heights, Ms. Odom was a former security guard who had trained in cosmetology after high school and recently passed the exam to become a city school safety agent, her mother said. Nicole Odom got a letter from the city in March telling Brandy to come in for an interview for the school safety job, and she called her daughter with the good news.

It was the last time they spoke.

Ms. Odom was living in Queens, her mother said. She often visited her aunt and cousins in their apartment in the Bayview Houses in Brooklyn, less than a mile from where her body was found. She stopped by on the weekends, talking, laughing, listening to reggae music and cooking West Indian food with two cousins, said Madonna Alfred, 41, a neighbor.

Re BBM
I know the areas mentioned and this is a big clue IMO.

LE needs to focus in Brooklyn for the killer because of this part.

"was living in Queens, her mother said. She often visited her aunt and cousins in their apartment in the Bayview Houses in Brooklyn"

And her body was found in Brooklyn. Queens is a little ways away so this tells me the killer noticed her when she visited Brooklyn and the killer likely lives near Brooklyn.

When someone comes into the city streets of Brooklyn and does not necessarily live there then they are sometimes noticed. You can usually tell when someone is just visiting the blocks and not living there.

This tells me the killer noticed her and targeted her and he lives near Brookln.

JMO on this. I think its the first big clue IMO

Dismemberment always makes me think LISK. Waiting for more details... 🤔 LISK did mention Queens in one of the phone calls made to Maureen’s(Brainard-Barnes, GB4) friend, if I’m remembering correctly. And also I think Jessica Taylor went missing from queens. That’s what “remy” said.

IMO dismemberment killings are usually more than just the killer “noticed them on the street” randomly. It’s a really personal, brutal way to kill someone or dispose of them after the fact. And then to leave her right off a park path where people are gauranteed to find her. Just seems a little more complex than a stranger stalker. Unless the dismemberment was solely for convenience? Like, bodies are heavy...but then why right in a park that many people walk in? I’m interested in if anyone thinks this could be related to LISK!

This sounds like Manorville Butcher and the LISK victims that were found on Ocean Parkway dismembered. Didn’t one of them disappear from Queens?

That was my first thought when I saw the title of this thread. Hard to seriously consider it or rule it out without some more information, though. Maybe time will tell.

Was her head still attached? If so that goes against the typical MO of the MB or LISK.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back