NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing illegal about hush money anyhow even if true. Bill Clinton paid Paula Jones to drop her case.

The illegality can come into it if it has to do with the campaign and is not accounted for correctly and honestly. This thread is about Donald Trump, not Bill Clinton. The mod has asked us to leave other people out of the discussion.

"Hush money" language is so salacious by MSM, it was a nondisclosure agreemnt (NDA) which is not illegal, but MSM enjoys the salacious narrative and is milking it for all it is worth. NDA's are quite common, especially among politcians.

RBBM

That's like saying entering a building is not illegal. Sometimes it is. Sometimes agreements are.

And if the NDA was so above board and squeaky clean, why was the hush money falsely reported?

The fact that Trump was indicted in the first place. In the end I think he will be exonerated. JMO.
I don't think he will be "exonerated," but at the most, he will face fines for campaign finance violations even though those related charges are past the statute of limitations.

Candidates often violate campaign finance rules, but the vast majority of the time, they are fined by the Federal Elections Commission. When the FEC looked at these violations (after Cohen pleaded), they publicly stated they would not be fining Trump. You can download and read that letter here.

If the FEC opted not to pursue the violations, I don't think Bragg has a good chance of obtaining any felony conviction, and I'd be willing to bet the FEC will be called to testify as to why they didn't pursue the matter.

The only thing (JMOO) that might change the outcome would be the inclusion of charges we know nothing about so far.

Hats off to Stormy Daniels for doing what we all can only daydream of. Holding the man to account. I am sure he has done similar things to many people, but she was the witness willing to go the distance. Now she's made no secret of the fact the publicity has benefitted her career these last six years, but it has also upended her life and become very scary at times.

I highly doubt the name recognition is worth becoming a top target for the Trump Cult. Especially at this point when everyone knows who she is. She could have quietly stepped back. Who could have blamed her? She has a young daughter and no doubt some of the many death threats she has received have been serious.

While they could have compelled her, a reluctant star witness would be a significant obstacle when it came to a trial. So it's no small thing that she's stuck with it to the end (and this is far from the end.)

Also, does anyone else find it odd how much people are flapping over the fact he's going to get -gasp- photographed and fingerprinted and treated (nothing like) inditied person for about half a day? He's a grown man, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he will be "exonerated," but at the most, he will face fines for campaign finance violations even though those related charges are past the statute of limitations.

Candidates often violate campaign finance rules, but the vast majority of the time, they are fined by the Federal Elections Commission. When the FEC looked at these violations (after Cohen pleaded), they publicly stated they would not be fining Trump. You can download and read that letter here.

If the FEC opted not to pursue the violations, I don't think Bragg has a good chance of obtaining any felony conviction, and I'd be willing to bet the FEC will be called to testify as to why they didn't pursue the matter.

The only thing (JMOO) that might change the outcome would be the inclusion of charges we know nothing about so far.
If past is prelude - this case will be dragged/drug ? out for as long as possible by DT lawyers.
This obvi is not their first rodeo. So imo there will be no quick outcome. I do not believe he will plea. JMO

DeSantis derided Manhattan DA for his politically motivated indictment of former President Donald Trump at a speech over the weekend in New York

The Florida governor lambasted the progressive DA, calling him a 'menace to society,' in addition to slamming President Joe Biden

The recently indicted former president is polling 26 points ahead of DeSantis, according to a poll that shows his lead tripled in recent weeks

Last edited:
One of the details that immediately jumped off the pages of Southern District of New York (SDNY) prosecutors’ Friday sentencing memo for Michael Cohen has to do with “Individual-1,” also known as President Donald Trump.

Prosecutors were pretty open about who Individual-1 was from the start and how he came to “direct” Cohen to commit felonies:

What felonies?

Trump will plea...or get used to orange. 2 Cents

Only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial, and most who do are found guilty​

Your link has nothing to do with this because this isn’t a federal case.

Former President Donald Trump will speak in Florida on Tuesday evening, according to a statement from his office on Sunday, in remarks to be made after his expected court appearance in New York City stemming from his historic indictment last week.

Last edited:
The illegality can come into it if it has to do with the campaign and is not accounted for correctly and honestly. This thread is about Donald Trump, not Bill Clinton. The mod has asked us to leave other people out of the discussion.
The only felony charge relies on proving the intent, and even then it isn’t something that is under the jurisdiction of a state court. I only mentioned Clinton because it was the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member