NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not against protests. We obviously have that right to assemble. However, I just worry that logic will not rule the day. Whatever one's feelings about the former president, it can certainly be said that he gets strong reactions.

We shall see what the charges are and more importantly, if they can back them up.

Now tell me why would the majority of Amercans not want
An ex president to be elected again, an ex president who
Calls for violence and destruction if he was indicted!!!!
It is outrageous and criminal--

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> How do you feel about a trial in Georgia? Would that locale, in your mind, provide a more neutral territory for a trial? I suspect we will hear about an even more serious criminal indictment in Georgia as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not against protests. We obviously have that right to assemble. However, I just worry that logic will not rule the day. Whatever one's feelings about the former president, it can certainly be said that he gets strong reactions.

We shall see what the charges are and more importantly, if they can back them up.
The feds are famous for doing looong investigations - especially this district - and only bringing charges when they have a mountain of hard evidence. They almost never lose. This is why Trump is so upset and wants protests instead of focusing on how he isn't guilty. 2 Cents

Trump will plea...or get used to orange. 2 Cents

Only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial, and most who do are found guilty​

interesting article @Cool Cats, thanks for posting

IMO If DT had the collective good of the country top of mind he would reach a deal/plea bargain, and save the country the total circus and over the top theatrics that are about to occur. The media talking heads will all love it - the reality tv lovers will all post their popcorn and "googly" eyes to social media. The everyday run of the mill people like me, who are exhausted by all the constant noise and conflict, will become further disillusioned and polarized. I find no Joy in any of this.

Lindsay Graham put it best before he and DT had their come to "Jesus" golf outing. Way back when he tweeted " If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it."

Destruction of societal and well established norms and behaviors at the top levels of government IMO is the name of DT's game. IMO

It took 7 years but somebody finally created a case.

I think it took so long because they had difficulty getting DT's tax returns.

I have been looking at the charges against Michael Cohen - because he was the pawn who carried out the Stormy Daniel's payment.
Only a couple of his eight charges related to the Stormy Daniel's payment. The rest pertained to tax evasion.

I think many of the 30-ish charges against DT might relate to tax evasion, which became evident when his tax returns were finally obtained. Although it is possible that some of the charges relate to Woman-1 (Karen McDougal).

a2.jpg

Trump's tax returns reveal president's foreign bank accounts

If some of the charges include felony tax evasion, I think any jury is perfectly capable of considering evidence and delivering a fair verdict.
if if if .. it is supposed to be about hush money paid by his atty that he knew nothing about ... we will see but fundraising already indicates and new polling from today that this is helping him .. as I say we will see ... politics aside I am for America first policy both home and abroad Whoever delivers that is who I stand with <modsnip: Stating information as fact without approved link to support> Not sure what I'd do in a situtation like this He has been targeted and lied on so much I would not be gracious in his situation Just my opinion

How do you feel about a trial in Georgia? Would that locale, in your mind, provide a more neutral territory for a trial? I suspect we will hear about an even more serious criminal indictment in Georgia as well.

Yes, just the infamous phone call to GA AG Raffensperger in 2021 was a much more egregious example of election interference than paying off affair partners in 2016 to hide the info from voters IMO. His methods were clearly escalating.

I think he wants a perp walk. He enjoys being the center of attention.

I don't believe these anonymous sources that DT wants to be handcuffed. There were reports that handcuffing is unnecessary due to him turning himself in.

Nobody tells NY cops what to do. A certain protocol is followed for arrests.

The feds are famous for doing looong investigations - especially this district - and only bringing charges when they have a mountain of hard evidence. They almost never lose. This is why Trump is so upset and wants protests instead of focusing on how he isn't guilty. 2 Cents
Trump's NY indictment will be on state charges, not federal. I think this is to ensure he can't be pardoned if convicted.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>
If it is true that there are over two dozen charges, including felonies, there is far more involved than just Stormy Daniels. NBC News just reported that many of the charges are related to "document fraud." News outlets are also trying to get the indictment unsealed prior to the arraignment.

Unfortunately, Fox is already making violent (imo) statements.

.. on Thursday ... He [Tucker Carlson] also said: “Probably not the best time to give up your AR-15.”

If it is true that there are over two dozen charges, including felonies, there is far more involved than just Stormy Daniels. NBC News just reported that many of the charges are related to "document fraud." News outlets are also trying to get the indictment unsealed prior to the arraignment.

They are likely mostly multiple counts of the same basic charges. Document fraud is part of the hush money scheme, they made false business records, meaning they documented the payments for a false purpose.

Last edited:

.. on Thursday ... He [Tucker Carlson] also said: “Probably not the best time to give up your AR-15.”

Wow. So irresponsible to spew that kind of violent rhetoric.

Well that’s utterly terrifying, and honestly offensive given the events of the past week. IMO

Wow. So irresponsible to spew that kind of violent rhetoric.

Well that’s utterly terrifying, and honestly offensive given the events of the past week. IMO

It is kinda surprising that TC continues to fire people up. Perhaps TC's job/salary means more to him than living by his own truth. imo

Carlson: We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait.
Carlson: I hate him passionately.

Carlson: Trump has two weeks left. Once he’s out, he becomes incalculably less powerful, even in the minds of his supporters.
Carlson: He’s a demonic force, a destroyer. But he’s not going to destroy us. I’ve been thinking about this every day for four years.
Pfeiffer: You’re right. I don’t want to let him destroy me either. [REDACTED]. The Trump anger spiral is vicious.
Carlson: That’s for sure. Deadly. It almost consumed me in November when Sidney Powell attacked us. It was very difficult to regain emotional control, but I knew I had to. We’ve got two weeks left. We can do this.

News organizations ask judge to immediately unseal Trump indictment, allow cameras in court

A group of news organizations, including NBC News, The Associated Press and The New York Times, have asked Judge Juan Merchan to immediately unseal the Trump indictment and to allow cameras in the courtroom.

"Because of the overwhelming public interest in the contents of the indictment, and because no valid purpose is served by keeping the indictment under seal pending arraignment, we respectfully request that it be unsealed without delay. Indeed, any delay only allows speculation about the content of the indictment to proliferate," a law firm representing the media coalition wrote.

In a separate petition, the coalition urged Merchan to allow audio and visual access to the arraignment expected Tuesday: "The gravity of this proceeding — unprecedented and historic arraignment of a former U.S. President — and, consequently the need for the broadest possible public access, cannot be overstated."

Merchan is set to preside over Tuesday’s arraignment and likely to oversee any subsequent trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood