NY NY - Frank Fox, 22, Manchester, 1 Jan 1983

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Frank Lamont Fox
Ontario County, New York
22 year old white male

Height (inches)69.0
Weight (pounds)150.0

Brown Hair
Brown Eyes

Fox was last seen in the early morning hours at a New Year's Eve Party in Manchester, New York on January 1, 1983. He left the party and was walking back to his residence where he lived alone. He has never been seen again.

Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8030/

JAN 28, 2020
State Police still trying to solve 38-year-old missing persons case in Ontario County – FingerLakes1.com
  • State Police are still trying to solve a 37-year-old missing person case in Ontario County and are asking for the public's help.
  • Frank Fox left a New Year’s Eve Party that ended on January 1st, 1983.
  • The party took place at a house on Martin Road.
  • He walked home around 1 a.m., and turned down several rides.
  • He lived alone at a house on County Road 7 in Manchester.
  • The distance between the Martin Rd. house and Fox’s house was about one mile. He tried to cut through fields between his house and the house where the party was instead of walking along County Road 7.
  • He was reported missing six days later.
  • Troopers searched the land between the two houses, as well as some bodies of water nearby but nothing was ever found.
  • Fox was described as a white male, 5’9″ tall and about 150 lbs., with brown hair and brown eyes.
  • Anyone who might have information can call (585) 398-4100 to leave a tip.
31ab81cf-3ca7-46ec-9be2-9aa054cf54c1-medium16x9_FrankFoxmap.png

Reactions: mrz

Frank Lamont Fox
Ontario County, New York
22 year old white male

Height (inches)69.0
Weight (pounds)150.0

Brown Hair
Brown Eyes

Fox was last seen in the early morning hours at a New Year's Eve Party in Manchester, New York on January 1, 1983. He left the party and was walking back to his residence where he lived alone. He has never been seen again.

Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Adding photo:

Original

His current age would be 59.

Charley Project: Frank Lamont Fox – The Charley Project

Frank Lamont Fox
  • frank_lamont_fox_1.jpg
Fox, circa 1983

• Missing Since01/01/1983
  • Missing FromManchester, New York
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth05/10/1960 (59)
  • Age22 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Fox attended a New Years' party at a residence on Martin Road in Manchester, New York on January 1, 1983. Before he left the party at about 1:00 a.m., several people offered him rides, but he declined them all. He was last seen walking back to his own home a mile away, where he lived alone. Instead of taking the long route along County Road 7, he tried to take a shortcut through the fields.

Fox has never been heard from again. Because he lived alone, he was not reported missing for six days. An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of his whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.

• The distance between the Martin Rd. house and Fox’s house was about one mile. He tried to cut through fields between his house and the house where the party was instead of walking along County Road 7.
  • He was reported missing
So strange, he had to go only 1 mile although he did try to cut through a field in the dark night and disappears. What is also strange is 6 days go by before he is reported missing. I understand he lived alone but that is a longtime to pass without anyone noticing. This case has little information and less publicity. I wish his family and friends would speak out. Any information could be helpful to this case.

So strange, this is one of the smallest known areas where someone has disappeared I've seen and yet he wasn't found.
Since there is a 6 day period unaccounted for he could have made it home, slept soundly in his bed that night and disappeared later on one of those 6 days.

I knew Frank. He was somewhat of a loner - but also knew a lot of people.....I often wondered if he just took off within those 6 days.

I knew Frank. He was somewhat of a loner - but also knew a lot of people.....I often wondered if he just took off within those 6 days.
Thank you for commenting here! It works be great to hear some more!
Do you think he might still be alive somewhere?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back