GUILTY NY - Frank James, Brooklyn Subway Shooter, Multi Victims, Undetonated Devices Fnd, Apr'22 - *Arrest*

NEW: Inside the subway station police found a handgun with three extended round magazines. One in the gun jammed. One empty on the floor. One on shooter’s backpack, a law enforcement official told
@ABC
News The gun jamming is believed to have saved lives #SunsetPark #NYC

The inability by the shooter to clear the jam could suggest a spontaneous, untrained "lone wolf" rather than a member of a formal group.

A member of a formal group would probably be more likely to receive at least rudimentary training regarding the weapon. Most jams can be cleared pretty fast after having received instructions. A more experienced user can clear them very fast.

Thankfully, as the observer noted, he could not clear the jam and instead, fled.

So guy left his credit card behind!?!?! So I hope that means they know who they are looking for. I just hope no one else gets hurt trying to apprehend him.
Good grief!

If this is a terrorist incident, he is equally as dimwitted as the original WTC bombers who returned to the rental agency to collect their deposit on the rented and then destroyed bomb truck.

Then, there was the other NYC terrorist who left the keys for the getaway car in the car he placed the bomb in.
Day before bombing, Shahzad made a dry run in Manhattan, source says - CNN.com

Last edited:
I work in NYC. There is a fair of police presence in all subways and the Metro North/LIRR stations in Manhattan and the Boros. It has been something that has increased since the new mayor came in on January 1 AND as a result of the violence that was present in Harlem and around the city. In fact this afternoon at the Metro North station at 125th I saw 9 officers patrolling the area. Yes, today was a mass shooting but that number is not really any larger that what I see on a daily basis. My work area is in a high crime area but I see officers on the subways and buses every day even when traveling out of my high crime neighborhood.

Suspect Was Previous FBI Guardian Lead
The man suspected in the Brooklyn subway shooting Tuesday is known to the FBI, a federal law enforcement officer told Newsweek's Naveed Jamali.

The suspect, who has yet to be identified, was a previous FBI Guardian Lead out of New Mexico. He was interviewed multiple times by the FBI and eventually cleared in 2019, the officer said.

"The Guardian Program, managed by the FBI, provides a proven methodology for reporting, sharing, tracking, and mitigating a large volume of counterterrorism-based incidents," the FBI website says.

Brooklyn Subway Shooting Updates: Suspect was previous FBI Guardian Lead

I work in NYC. There is a fair of police presence in all subways and the Metro North/LIRR stations in Manhattan and the Boros. It has been something that has increased since the new mayor came in on January 1 AND as a result of the violence that was present in Harlem and around the city. In fact this afternoon at the Metro North station at 125th I saw 9 officers patrolling the area. Yes, today was a mass shooting but that number is not really any larger that what I see on a daily basis. My work area is in a high crime area but I see officers on the subways and buses every day even when traveling out of my high crime neighborhood.
I agree. When my kids lived there (one in Manhattan and one eventually in Brooklyn), I used to visit and travel between the 2 boros by subway at all times of day and night. And there was always a sufficient police presence on the trains and in the stations to make me feel safe. Much more so than my closer (proximity) city of Philly.

News 4 NY Live:

Suspect has a past criminal record in PA, WI and NY

Van driven from PA to NY through NJ yesterday into today

Here is some more info on it. It stands out that the reservation was made on April 6. It certainly seems some planning went into this. It is amazing, thankfully so, that there were no fatalities.

——
The U-Haul van connected to the subway shooting in Brooklyn was rented on April 11 from a U-Haul store in Philadelphia, according to company records obtained by CNN.

The rental agreement obtained by CNN shows that the U-Haul reservation was made on April 6, and was scheduled to be picked up on April 11 at 2:01 p.m. ET.

The van was supposed to be rented for two days, according to the reservation.

Live updates: Brooklyn subway shooting suspect at large after 10 people were shot

Brooklyn Subway Attack Suspect Previously Known to FBI and Cleared: Source (newsweek.com)

ttps://www.wisn.com/article/nyc-subway-attack-suspect-from-milwaukee/39706978
frank-james-1649805670.jpg

''WISN 12 has a crew at his last known address.

James has not yet been arrested.

NYPD investigators said they did not know where he was.

They asked for the public's help to find him.

James also has ties to Philadelphia.

WISN 12 continues to gather more information on this developing story.''

Brooklyn subway shooting: Investigators identify suspect after finding a credit card at the scene - CNN

MILWAUKEE —

The suspect in the New York City subway shooting is from Milwaukee.
He was identified as 62-year-old Frank James.
WISN 12 has a crew at his last known address.
James has not yet been arrested.
NYPD investigators said they did not know where he was.

They asked for the public's help to find him.

James also has ties to Philadelphia.
His ties to Brooklyn and New York were not known.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call NYPD Tips at 1-800-577-TIPS.

NYPD releases image of person of interest in Brooklyn subway shooting | Daily Mail Online

Frank James has been named by NYPD as a person of interest in the Brooklyn subway shooting

"NYPD have released a photo of a person of interest in the Brooklyn subway shooting.

Frank James is described as someone they want to speak to reg.

'We do not know if he has any connection to the subway,' the police said.

The suspect remains on the loose hours after opening fire on a busy northbound N train as it approached 36th Street in Sunset Park. "

Q: How many officers assigned to 36th Station and how many officers there at time?

A: We don't typically assign officers to subway stations;
Officers typically patrol on rotating basis...they ride trains, come out
stop, go down, do station inspections since Jan

No officers at station at time of the shooting; had been patrolled prior to shooting in early morn hours

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back