VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
'I never saw any sexual activity'
By Ben Feuerherd
Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime pilot, Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr., said under cross examination that he never witnessed sex acts or underage girls without their parents aboard several private aircraft that he piloted for the multimillionaire pedophile.

“I never saw any sexual activity, no,” Visoski told defense attorney Christian Everdell, who quizzed the pilot on the stand about the 1,000 or so flights he piloted from the early 1990s to 2004.

Visoski said he did not notice any underage girls without their parents on the planes.

That included both Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts and a victim identified as “Jane” at the trial.

Visoski said he flew Roberts in the mid to late 90s, but believed her to be a “shorter woman with dirty blonde hair.”

He added that he believed an Epstein associate named Jane that he met on one of the planes was a “mature woman with some piercing powder blue eyes.”

Prosecutors entered a birth certificate for Jane into evidence under seal.

AD
an hour ago
'Lolita Express' pilot, Maxwell's sister arrive in court
By Post Staff

Alec Tabak

Alec Tabak

Alec Tabak
an hour ago
Jeffrey Epstein's former pilot testifying today
By Post Staff
Here’s Epstein’s longtime former pilot, Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr., arriving at the Lower Manhattan courthouse earlier this morning.

Alec Tabak
AD
an hour ago
Inside Epstein's many homes and his 'Lolita Express' jet
By Ben Feuerherd and Tamar Lapin
Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr., Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime former pilot, described the late pedophile’s many properties, including his sprawling “Zorro Ranch” in New Mexico and posh apartment in Paris.

Visoski, who took the stand again today, was also asked about the layout of Little St. James, Epstein’s Caribbean hideaway, nicknamed “Pedophile Island’’ by locals.

The pilot then testified about the Boeing 727 he used to shuttle the financier and his guests between 2000 and 2004, calling it a “recreational vehicle.”

The Post tracked the notorious jet, dubbed the “Lolita Express,” to a long-term storage facility in Georgia in August 2020. Take a look inside the plane here.

2 hours ago
Maxwell juror excused over 'surprise' trip
Juror #58 was excused over a vacation they just couldn’t reschedule.

The “surprise” trip from the panelist’s spouse was brought up yesterday, as jury selection was being finalized.

Judge Alison Nathan asked the juror if they could reschedule the Dec. 24 to 28 excursion.

“I had an additional conversation with the juror, they were confident there was no way to move it,” Nathan said today.

“I think I have to excuse the juror.”

This means the panel is now down to five alternates.

AD
3 hours ago
Maxwell is in the courtroom
Maxwell entered the courtroom at around 8:43 a.m., wearing a green sweater and black slacks and holding a lime green folder.

She raised her eyebrows at her sister in an apparent greeting, and also looked over to a court artist.

3 hours ago
Epstein's pilot to continue testifying
By Tamar Lapin
Today’s proceedings will start at 9:30 a.m., with prosecutors continuing to question their first witness, Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr.

Visoski worked as a pilot for Jeffrey Epstein for over over a quarter-century, reportedly shuttling high-profile figures including Prince Andrew, Kevin Spacey and former presidents Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.

Catch up on his Day 1 testimony here.

AD
4 hours ago
Maxwell's sister back in court today
By Post Staff
4 hours ago
Missed Day 1? Catch up here
By Tamar Lapin
Day 1 of Maxwell’s trial started with the jury panel being finalized.

Both the prosecution and the defense then delivered their opening statements to the 12 jurors and six alternates.

Here’s what you may have missed:

4 hours ago
Here's the scene outside the courthouse
By Post Staff
4 hours ago
Maxwell's trial continues today
Good morning. We are back at the Thurgood Marshall US Courthouse in Lower Manhattan where Ghislaine Maxwell’s sex-trafficking trial began yesterday.

Keep up with updates here throughout the day.

19 hours ago
Day 1 done
And that’s a wrap on Day 1 of Ghislaine’s trial. Epstein’s former pilot will take the stand again tomorrow morning, 9 a.m.

Catch our recap of opening statements and the charges Ghislaine faces here.

19 hours ago
Maxwell's lawyer calls Ghislaine 'convenient stand-in' for Epstein during her opening statement

REUTERS

20 hours ago
And the first witness is...
Epstein’s former pilot, Lawrence Paul Visoki Jr., is the prosecution’s first witness.

20 hours ago
Openings have wrapped
Opening statements are done. Jurors are taking a 10-minute break then the first witness will take the stand. No word yet on who that will be.

Jurors also just learned that they’ll be sitting on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before Christmas and New Years.

20 hours ago
Epstein's behavior
The defense has repeated referred to Jeffrey Epstein’s “bad behavior.” He was a convicted pedophile when he committed suicide — while locked up on sex-trafficking charges.

“The government will not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Ghislaine enabled Epstein’s bad behavior,” Sternheim said.

21 minutes ago
Bill Clinton among those name-dropped in testimony

Former President Bill Clinton was among the high-profile men brought up during today’s cross-examination of Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime pilot.

Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr., testified that he would have been told in advance if a guest like Clinton was going to be flying on Epstein’s jet.

“There might be special catering?” defense attorney Christian Everdell asked about Clinton, who has been photographed with Maxwell aboard the “Lolita Express.”

“Sure,” Visoski replied.

When asked if remembered a victim in the case, identified as “Jane,” riding on the plane, the pilot said: “I can’t visualize her sitting in the passenger compartment like I would, say, President Clinton.”

A juror was excused from the Ghislaine Maxwell trial after his wife surprised him with a last-minute Christmas vacation

upload_2021-11-29_16-31-37.png
Ghislaine Maxwell embraces her attorney at the start of Maxwell's trial.

Judge Alison Nathan agreed to let the 33-year-old man off jury duty after considering the timing of the trial, which is expected to run about six weeks and straight through the Christmas holiday, according to Bloomberg.

The judge even asked the juror to try to delay the trip since she did not want to have to push the trial back to accommodate his vacation, but according to Bloomberg, the juror said canceling the vacation would be a financial burden.

This juror will be replaced by one of six alternates.

upload_2021-11-30_12-28-24.png
Ghislaine Maxwell listens as defense attorney Bobbi Sternheim gives her opening statement at the start of Maxwell's trial.

2 minutes ago
Jeffrey Epstein's gift-giving

Maxwell’s defense attorney Christian Everdell, during cross examination of Jeffrey Epstein’s former pilot, asked about gifts the sex fiend bestowed upon his longtime employee.

Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr. — who worked for Epstein for close to 30 years — received a number of pricey gifts throughout his employment, including 40 acres of land on the pedophile’s New Mexico ranch for him to build a house.

The financier even paid for Visoski’s two daughters’ private high school education, the pilot testified.

“Yes, he believed in higher education,” Visoski said.

Epstein also listed a number of fancy sports in Visoski’s name, including a Land Rover, a Mercedes and a Jaguar, he said. The pilot said the cars were Epstein’s but he and other staff were allowed to drive them near his Palm Beach, Fla. mansion.

2 minutes ago
Jeffrey Epstein's gift-giving

Maxwell’s defense attorney Christian Everdell, during cross examination of Jeffrey Epstein’s former pilot, asked about gifts the sex fiend bestowed upon his longtime employee.

Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr. — who worked for Epstein for close to 30 years — received a number of pricey gifts throughout his employment, including 40 acres of land on the pedophile’s New Mexico ranch for him to build a house.

The financier even paid for Visoski’s two daughters’ private high school education, the pilot testified.

“Yes, he believed in higher education,” Visoski said.

Epstein also listed a number of fancy sports in Visoski’s name, including a Land Rover, a Mercedes and a Jaguar, he said. The pilot said the cars were Epstein’s but he and other staff were allowed to drive them near his Palm Beach, Fla. mansion.
Pricey gifts bestowed by JE to pilot Visoski, for sure. Does pilot Visoski feel indebted to JE, I wonder?

@innercitypress

Everdell: He cared about your daughters when they were in college, right? Visoski: And even when they were younger. Everdell: And Mr. Epstein had back problems and needed massages, right? Visoski: Yes.

Everdell: And Ghislaine seemed like a nice person to you, did she not? Visoski: She did. Everdell: And you have two daughters - and you let them ride horses with Ghislaine, right? Visoski: I did.

Everdell: You saw nothing in 30 years that made you think Mr. Epstein was an abuser, right? Visoski: I did not. Everdell: Nothing further.

Judge Nathan: Re-direct. AUSA Maurene Comey: Did you let your 14 year old daughter massage Mr. Epstein?
Visoski: I did not.

9 minutes ago
First accuser takes the stand

One of the four alleged victims mentioned in the indictment against Maxwell has just taken the stand.

The woman is testifying under the pseudonym “Jane.”

“Who was most frequently in the room when you had sexual contact with Jeffrey Epstein when you were 14 years old?” the prosecutor asked.

“Ghislaine Maxwell,” she replied.

For those who have Twitter:
Link below for Law and Crime News, Managing Editor, Adam Klasfeld who is reporting live, minute-to-minute, from courtroom. Testimony is somewhat graphic.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
5m

The prosecutor, apologizing for having to ask the q-, asks about Epstein and sex toys. "Jane": "He liked to use vibrators, which were of different sizes. He liked to use the back massagers, which were really painful." "He would put it on my vagina, even if I said that it hurt."

For those who have Twitter:
Link below for Law and Crime News, Managing Editor, Adam Klasfeld who is reporting live, minute-to-minute, from courtroom. Testimony is somewhat graphic.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
5m

The prosecutor, apologizing for having to ask the q-, asks about Epstein and sex toys. "Jane": "He liked to use vibrators, which were of different sizes. He liked to use the back massagers, which were really painful." "He would put it on my vagina, even if I said that it hurt."
Thanks. Tweets are pretty graphic.

I see the pattern developing here on the part of the defense. Re: the pilot, I guess 40 acres (and a mule?!) is enough to make you turn a blind eye. Thanks also to @citygirl and all the others who are reporting from the courtroom.
How can that work in their favor is what baffles me.I suspect she's right but it doesn't put her client in a favorable light, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member