NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hold up now, from the linked Daily Beast article:

(on her husband, Borgerson)

Borgerson, 46, relished being Maxwell’s plus-one, rubbing elbows with the glitterati and gaining entrée to the upper crust—including at a 2014 vegan dinner in Los Angeles with Clinton and his operatives and, per one Vice report, the ultra-exclusive Campfire retreat hosted by Amazon’s billionaire founder Jeff Bezos in 2018...

...When reached by a Beast reporter in August 2019, he denied ever dating Maxwell and said, “Ghislaine is not at my house. She’s a friend—former friend.”

Maxwell’s brother, in a recent interview with Insider, confirmed Borgerson was her husband but said the family wasn’t aware of their union until she was behind bars.

...In the wake of Maxwell’s arrest, he resigned from CargoMetrics, the Boston maritime analytics company he co-founded in 2010.

...Still, the acquaintance noted, Borgerson was aware of Maxwell’s history of working for Epstein and said he believed she had nothing to do with his crimes.

“The sale of Ms. Maxwell’s New York apartment coincided with her intention... to live with her spouse,” her attorneys wrote in December court filings.

...The above article linked this Vice 2019 piece, which covers GM's multiple attendances at the annual private invite only Campfire retreat held by Jeff Bezos (what???):

Every fall, the elite of the literary world and Hollywood convene at a highly secretive writer's retreat hosted by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and no one talks about it.

Not every Campfire attendee is a household name: Tech entrepreneurs and industry power brokers are also invited to rub shoulders with celebrities.

...Two Campfire 2018 attendees independently confirmed to Motherboard that Maxwell attended the exclusive retreat that year. One of the sources maintained that Maxwell had attended three Campfires including 2018, but that Maxwell was not an attendee at Campfire 2019 held in early October. Campfire 2018 took place shortly before a Miami Herald investigation resurfaced Epstein’s crimes and Maxwell’s alleged links to them,...

...The news further illustrates the connections that Epstein and Maxwell maintained to the wealthy elite. Tech moguls, presidents, well-known actors, and Prince Andrew all came into their orbit even after Epstein's misdeeds and Maxwell's alleged role first came to light. In fact, a secretive 2011 dinner in Long Beach, California attended by Bezos and other tech CEOs was also attended by Epstein, less than two years after he served time for underage sex crimes.

Thing is, the article doesn't touch on the main reason why GM is still remanded:

The Court again concludes that the Government has shown by a preponderance of the evidence that the Defendant presents a risk of flight and that there are no set of conditions, including the Defendant’s third set of proposed conditions, that are sufficient to reasonably assure her appearance.

Order – #169 in United States v. Maxwell (S.D.N.Y., 1:20-cr-00330) – CourtListener.com

Thing is, the article doesn't touch on the main reason why GM is still remanded:

The Court again concludes that the Government has shown by a preponderance of the evidence that the Defendant presents a risk of flight and that there are no set of conditions, including the Defendant’s third set of proposed conditions, that are sufficient to reasonably assure her appearance.

Order – #169 in United States v. Maxwell (S.D.N.Y., 1:20-cr-00330) – CourtListener.com
In my country people who await trial without bail are housed in a place that isnt a prison.
It is a detention building with cells but conditions are good.
Some of them are innocent so it is unthinkable to treat them as convicted criminals.
What if an innocent person waiting for a trial had a heart attack because of inhumane treatment?
But I live in Europe - and we have already discussed this issue here many times.
If I deal with a horrible person, does it mean I have to sink to this person's level?
I think not.

Aside from her special privileges for court prep and apparently having a whole floor to herself, she's treated no different from the other prisoners in Brooklyn's MDC. Her every move is monitored by security cams, but so are other inmates. She's lucky she doesn't share her shower with another roommate or live in gen pop with an old shower unit (MDC West is getting upgraded showers, not sure if they've already done it, but the contract was awarded earlier this year). If GM's got rat roomies or maggots in her food, so do the other inmates. Just wait until the cold weather sets in and she finds out whether her cell gets enough heat. If it doesn't, she won't be the only one freezing near to death. It's inhumane conditions for everybody, not just the socialite who's getting all the media attention. It isn't a Jeff Bezzo's retreat, it's a notorious prison known for inmates' suffering and human rights violations.

In my country people who await trial without bail are housed in a place that isnt a prison.
It is a detention building with cells but conditions are good.
Some of them are innocent so it is unthinkable to treat them as convicted criminals.
What if an innocent person waiting for a trial had a heart attack because of inhumane treatment?
But I live in Europe - and we have already discussed this issue here many times.
If I deal with a horrible person, does it mean I have to sink to this person's level?
I think not.

We're talking about America, which is medieval minded in a lot of ways. Many people and children in American jails and prisons die or suffer severe injuries and they will continue to do so. Many people on the outside fight for inmate rights and it's been a decades long struggle. In this thread, the point is, GM, aside from her noted privileges, is being treated like the rest of the numbers rotting in MDC. Until the system changes, feel sympathy not just for the socialite, but for all the other incarcerated in inhumane conditions in America.

Aside from her special privileges for court prep and apparently having a whole floor to herself, she's treated no different from the other prisoners in Brooklyn's MDC. Her every move is monitored by security cams, but so are other inmates. She's lucky she doesn't share her shower with another roommate or live in gen pop with an old shower unit (MDC West is getting upgraded showers, not sure if they've already done it, but the contract was awarded earlier this year). If GM's got rat roomies or maggots in her food, so do the other inmates. Just wait until the cold weather sets in and she finds out whether her cell gets enough heat. If it doesn't, she won't be the only one freezing near to death. It's inhumane conditions for everybody, not just the socialite who's getting all the media attention. It isn't a Jeff Bezzo's retreat, it's a notorious prison known for inmates' suffering and human rights violations.

We're talking about America, which is medieval minded in a lot of ways. Many people and children in American jails and prisons die or suffer severe injuries and they will continue to do so. Many people on the outside fight for inmate rights and it's been a decades long struggle. In this thread, the point is, GM, aside from her noted privileges, is being treated like the rest of the numbers rotting in MDC. Until the system changes, feel sympathy not just for the socialite, but for all the other incarcerated in inhumane conditions in America.
But I have tackled this issue many times here in this thread, writing about ALL incarcerated.

GM and others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members