NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry no link but there are other feeders out of camera shot. I have seen still pics but cant remember where.

Sorry no link but there are other feeders out of camera shot. I have seen still pics but cant remember where.

OK,Thanks.
I was getting worried there for a min.
Thought maybe someone was sleeping on the job!

By this time of day has his bowl been empty? Has anyone gone in today? Are they gonna go out. For those following more intently if you have caught on to a timeline (EST!) what time do they typically let them out I found that stunning stuff TIA

I'm not sure I'm watching LIVE but they just opened the big door.

I cant remember the feeding timeline CARIIS. It is usually in the aft. or toward the aft. when let out. When it's warmed up.

I cant remember the feeding timeline CARIIS. It is usually in the aft. or toward the aft. when let out. When it's warmed up.

:facepalm:

We need to do better and sleuth and document like on other cases.

.. Do a timeline of activities and map of the "scene".

:websleuther:

:giggle:

4/5 Morning update
Allysa is back on site and doing better from her cold - she appreciates your well wishes! She reports that April is in the same condition as reported on last night's "Evening Update". We have a new photo of mammary development in comments section.
Today should yield additional yard time, as temperatures hover at safe levels and the rain as subsided.
Watch for a new enrichment item placed in the Stall today, courtesy of an April fan!

Offline again. Just before it went off Allysa closed April's door and let Oliver in with her. Possibly was going to open Oliver's door?

Back on. oliver is beating the crap out of April!

At one point she was trying to walk away from him and he kept backing up all the while side eye her to make sure he was blocking her. I am not sure if he was just playing or wanted to check if she was "into him" and ready.

Who knew he had such abusive tendencies...he looks so harmless. Poor April.

Glad Allysa got him out of there. Did anyone else see him lunging and slamming his head into her neck and stomach? I saw him do it at least 4 or 5 times in a row.

Glad Allysa got him out of there. Did anyone else see him lunging and slamming his head into her neck and stomach? I saw him do it at least 4 or 5 times in a row.

I saw that. I am thinking he is doing it to try to get her to urinate (the stomach anyway) so he can see if she is ready to mate. But, I could be wrong.

Wonder what this new enrichment toy shall be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:facepalm:

We need to do better and sleuth and document like on other cases.

.. Do a timeline of activities and map of the "scene".

:websleuther:

:giggle:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] this made me laugh so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that the males are kept away from the babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752