NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya' know how people "bet" on sports games with buying "squares"?? My husband just wondered how many people out there have "squares" going for the date and sex of the baby! LOL!!

Ya' know how people "bet" on sports games with buying "squares"?? My husband just wondered how many people out there have "squares" going for the date and sex of the baby! LOL!!

I'll take April 8th (today) - baby girl - for $200, Alex

Back from the Bridal Shower, Masters Golf Tourney on. 2 laptops in front of me. One for the live feed. Whenever it comes back live. The other for posting lol. Saves toggling back and forth.

You're all set! :eek:nline:

This isn't adding up IMO.

When is April actually due? April's tentative due day was mid-February, give or take some days. She is very close but it could still be hours or days.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/what-you-should-know-if-youre-watching-april-the-giraffe/414828259

It has been reported they mated 3 times. So depending on which time "it took". I think this is why we are seeing a wait. They cant do a Sonogram due to their thick skin. They apparently go by physical signs and changes. So we wait.

Us text subscribers did receive some photos today, mostly of April and Ollie with their new enrichment feeders, but I guess I can't post them. :(

They expressly say on the page "please do not share them to social media or anywhere else!" These new ones also have a copyright watermark on them.

I guess there's no way around this? The page with the originals can't be linked to because you have to enter a subscribed phone number to see the page.

2 kittens so far; one black and one ginger. Corsica's labor and births has so far been so much easier than Evolene's.

Another black baby! I ran back to GMA's for a while so she could watch too.

I am so thankful that Evolene allowed this wonderful lady (Shelly?) to assist her in the birth. I don't think it would have gone well at all, especially the way the first one was breech and stuck.

I cannot say enough kind things about this rescue and this wonderful woman in particular. :loveyou:

Back from the Bridal Shower, Masters Golf Tourney on. 2 laptops in front of me. One for the live feed. Whenever it comes back live. The other for posting lol. Saves toggling back and forth.

2 laptops, wow! Us other folks have to adjust and settle for split screens! Watching feeding of kitties right now.

both.jpg

ETA:
Now is 10:15 pm eastern, and if you adjust your time and scroll back to minus 1 hour 52 minutes you will see the birthing of the first kitty from the second cat Corsica,, and her eating the placenta (natural instinct to protect from predators, and also to get nutrition she says). The owner is giving good history and explanation of her efforts.

Cuteness overload on the kitten-cam. Bottle-feeding the tiniest baby :loveyou:

attachment.php

Precious baby! Though, as someone that has bottle raised hundreds of kittens, NEVER feed them on their back! They can aspirate too easily and die.

Just saw those websleuths headline...too damn funny. Thanks - I needed the laugh!

"NY - HARPURSVILLE April the Giraffe Scheduled to Appear on Dr. Phil to Explain Why She Refuses to Give Birth!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288