NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver outside now Bently. I missed a few minutes but from what I saw April didn't venture past the doorway peering out.

Oliver outside now Bently. I missed a few minutes but from what I saw April didn't venture past the doorway peering out.

she does that regularly, they actually like their pens as strange as it sounds.

I just got back from church and running errands and noticed Oliver's door open. Looked like April was wondering where he was.

For those suffering prayers coming your way. At least this is something to take your mind off of things for a bit. Happy thoughts!

she does that regularly, they actually like their pens as strange as it sounds.

My dogs each have a wire pen in the living room. The doors are always open. They are in and out of their pens by choice all throughout the day. One of my dogs loves to put things that he "finds" in his pen. I have found paper towels, socks, shoes, pens, and the dust pan in his pen. I have to wait until he is outside to retrieve them, once they are in his pen, they are his!

Friday morning Animal Adventure Park told us that they would be shocked if they got through the weekend without a new addition. Do you think that they should be preparing for a shock?

My dogs each have a wire pen in the living room. The doors are always open. They are in and out of their pens by choice all throughout the day. One of my dogs loves to put things that he "finds" in his pen. I have found paper towels, socks, shoes, pens, and the dust pan in his pen. I have to wait until he is outside to retrieve them, once they are in his pen, they are his!

Our pup loves his crate too. We leave open in living room. Now him and the two cats fight over it. [emoji81][emoji81][emoji81]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afa99e9fcc1a6ba12545b455a251be80.jpg

Trying to bribe the senior cat aka fatty with his ball so he can take crate lol. Never works. Fatty always wins.

^ LOL. The look on the cats face says it all. No way is that dog getting his crate!

Oh do hurry up April, we are all impatient to see your beautiful baby!

Okay, I am back to wondering if they made a giraffe version of one of these:

All-Size-Premium-Fake-Belly-Month-Pregnant-Baby-_1.jpg

afa99e9fcc1a6ba12545b455a251be80.jpg

Trying to bribe the senior cat aka fatty with his ball so he can take crate lol. Never works. Fatty always wins.

How sweet! Your cat is such a tease! Thanks for sharing.

I miss our dog, she has been gone about 1 yr. We decided after she was gone not to get another it is too hard to lose them. We may change our minds eventually though.

I once had a Giraffe stick it's head in our passenger window where I was sitting. It stuck it's tongue out. It scared me to death. Thought I would pass out. We were so busy looking out the driver side at a Tower of them coming toward I didn't notice one on my side. I had no idea then their necks could lower and bend like that. I think now my reaction would be different lol. I want one.......

Wouldn't it be nice if this was real?

giraffe.jpg
http://gadling.com/2011/04/01/russia-breeds-petite-lap-giraffes/

After spending so much time watching April and Oliver, I want one, no I want two!! Put me on the waiting list.

Oh my god lets buy in bulk and get a bargain!!

BUT apparently they are very very stinky- so will need to ascertain the intensity of this element!!

Our pup loves his crate too. We leave open in living room. Now him and the two cats fight over it. [emoji81][emoji81][emoji81]

All my babies were crated until now. Age changes stuff- my Lady Love is a snuggle girl and my life has slowed down so much I need that !!

she destroys the sheets and comforter when she burrows in - it looks like a tornado went through

her favorite time is ALWAYS after I make the bed its unreal I have succumbed!

Friday morning Animal Adventure Park told us that they would be shocked if they got through the weekend without a new addition. Do you think that they should be preparing for a shock?

Frankly, I am over it ! It has been neat cause of this thread - but it is BS or a whack vet. I get it a bit off - a quarter of a year has lost its credibility IMO

Do I want to see it (scared what if those cheapos have not monitored this and something bad happens) yes - and I want to enjoy mini April- but this IMO is a crock

If any of you ladies were in your 11th month would not be doing something!! Would you be calling your family members every day for the last three months and telling them your in labor?

I did not like him the first time I saw him-- months ago -wildly intuitive by birth, he is exploiting all this moo

Doobies zoo missed it in the beginning but they (late) caught on please......... moo

Animals are amazing- this notion that no-one knew she was in heat and or got pregnant makes no biological sense moo

Too this day I have no idea at all how on earth ( I mean that - she was old and never out of my sight) one of babies got pregnant.

But I found out by taking her to the vet she was just behaving differently. She was old and did not do well there were three and they all passed by the next morning

Talk about a stunned daddy .......................

It is so nice with what we read here on the boards and may be experiencing in real life we have access to something so beautiful and rare to witness in real time. I have learned so much about Giraffe's. Now I get my Sisters love of them. She has Giraffe Robert Bateman Prints hanging in their home and a few lovely Giraffe figurines.

They truly are amazing entities!! I did not follow this in the beginning, but have learned lots, and yes Miss April is our baby - Jordon is a bad, greedy granddad!

He pretends to be so into his animals on more than one occasion he has had to ask the chick , how many turtles do we have, when were these baby goats born bla bla --he is sitting in meetings with Toys or US!

He is overbearing, standing there with his staff that he loves and has to ask the male how long he has been there. Does not let anyone talk.

The chick (sorry don't remember her name) would probably be the most interesting to listen too. JOrdon sounds like he did a Wiki search before this started!!

He is turning off the live cam after 5 days cause he has stuff to do, but they came up with a way to get people to pay to follow what they have set up for the last 2 months

If u go to the FB page posted a few pgs. back lots of good info. I am not on FB but can still read. Apparently Oliver and April mated 3 times 17 days apart. Gestation period on average is 15 months plus 60 days. Oh she is poking her head outside lol

Well if this is the case then we've all been had. If April got pregnant the first time she was bred, she wouldn't have come in heat again and gotten bred the second and third time. Evidently she didn't get pregnant the second time either or she wouldn't have come in heat again and gotten bred the third time. They had to know when she became pregnant and had a good estimation of her due date IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288