NY - Gov Spitzer tells staff he's linked to prostitution ring

Heard a couple of comments on my way back from the bank on the radio.

Hillary can give Spitzer's wife the "been there, done that" chat.

A number of people called and said we should just drop it and leave him alone. When asked about the Republican congressman's encounter in an airport, they stated that was different. Amazing how we can condemn one and wish to ignore another.

, I know how you get! lol

It's just that I really don't understand a man in his position and profession totally blowing it like this. It's like he wanted to be caught and publically humiliated.

Well, I don't mean that he planned for this to happen. Sometimes I think our subconscience speaks louder than our body parts.

Well if he didn't want to use a condom,than his wife should make him go to a very public clinic to get tested before she lets near her again.What a jerk. Doesn't he have 3 daighters. They have to go to school tomorrow!

Here's the question I have. Why do these wives stand there next to the husband in these press conferences? I'm sorry,but I'd say,"You're on your own buddy." How humiliating!
It's just the robotic thing to do. I can remember that I always put on that smiling, "everything is great" face to the public when I was married to a military guy. You are taught to do that. I hope that she is planning her divorce as we speak. I heard that she is a high powered attorney herself.

I notice that she looked like hell at the news conference, like she had been up all night and crying. He looked fresh faced and like he didn't have a care in the world. He's an idiot with not many friends. I hope that he gets what he deserves. He would expect nothing less for anyone else in his position.

He's a democrat. He's automatically forgiven.
Expect this story to die quickly.

Not fair.
Has nothing to do with party politics.
It's illegal. If caught, equal punishment should prevail.
It has for members of both parties at different time.

Now, I have a question.
Should prostitution be illegal? If the person receiving the payment is a consenting adult, and the person making the payment is also, why should it be illegal?
Not asking about the morality of it all, just the fundamental aspect of legality.
But, even if it were legal, and a person went on record as being against it morally and then got caugt -- they would still be crap in my book....

Everyone that is coming out about this so far has NOTHING good to say about this man. WOW. No one is defending him (not that they could) but usually you get someone who will say that he's a good man but he made a mistake. Nope, not hearing that at all. Hearing a lot that his is self righteous.

Everyone that is coming out about this so far has NOTHING good to say about this man. WOW. No one is defending him (not that they could) but usually you get someone who will say that he's a good man but he made a mistake. Nope, not hearing that at all. Hearing a lot that his is self righteous.

Believe me,he is not popular in the Capital region. He is very arrogant

Believe me,he is not popular in the Capital region. He is very arrogant
His arrogance was more than apparent by his brief speech about "a private incident." It is not a private incident. That was said to downplay what he did.

A simple apology should make it all go away, right?:rolleyes:

I feel badly for the daughters. My nephew is in the same class as his eldest and they will be graduating in June. She is also editor-in-chief of her school newspaper. What a blow to her to have this happen. He should be ashamed for what those girls are going through today.

New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer is expected to submit his resignation to the New York General Assembly Monday night after allegations surfaced earlier in the day that he is "Client 9," named in a federal prostitution case. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336493,00.html

I feel badly for the daughters. My nephew is in the same class as his eldest and they will be graduating in June. She is also editor-in-chief of her school newspaper. What a blow to her to have this happen. He should be ashamed for what those girls are going through today.
I also feel sorry for his children. Hopefully, because they are girls, they will identify with their mother, who seems to be a success in her own right. My prayers are with the girls and the wife. It definitely is not a reflection on them.

Make room, MacDonald's. You got another worker applying for a job.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back