NY - Ivana Trump, 73, dies of 'blunt impact injuries', NYC, 14 July 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Ivana Trump died Thursday after a fall that resulted in blunt impact injuries to the torso, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner said Friday.

Ivana Trump announces the new Italiano Diet to stay healthy and fight obesity at the Oak Room at the Plaza Hotel on June 13, 2018, in New York. Ivana Trump, the first wife of Donald Trump, has died in New York City, the former president announced on social media Thursday. (AP)

The spokesperson for the medical examiner's office said the fall is considered to be accidental.

"Having released this determination, OCME will not comment further on the investigation," the medical examiner's office said.

A spokesperson for the New York City Police Department told Fox News on Thursday that Ivana Trump was found unconscious "in close proximity" to the bottom of a staircase in her apartment.

The New York City Fire Department responded to a report of a cardiac arrest at Trump's residence on Thursday afternoon, a source told Fox News.

Ivana Trump died Thursday after a fall that resulted in blunt impact injuries to the torso, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner said Friday.

Ivana Trump announces the new Italiano Diet to stay healthy and fight obesity at the Oak Room at the Plaza Hotel on June 13, 2018, in New York. Ivana Trump, the first wife of Donald Trump, has died in New York City, the former president announced on social media Thursday. (AP)

The spokesperson for the medical examiner's office said the fall is considered to be accidental.

"Having released this determination, OCME will not comment further on the investigation," the medical examiner's office said.

A spokesperson for the New York City Police Department told Fox News on Thursday that Ivana Trump was found unconscious "in close proximity" to the bottom of a staircase in her apartment.

The New York City Fire Department responded to a report of a cardiac arrest at Trump's residence on Thursday afternoon, a source told Fox News.
I was wondering who had called... in the article above (Ivana Trump's death determined to be accidental, medical examiner says), it says someone called for a wellness check because she hadn't been heard from in 'a while'. Seems like a neighbor called police to do a wellness check, police responded and found her at the bottom of the stairs, and they in turn contacted first responders (Fire Department?), citing cardiac arrest.. at which time the FD attended and pronounced her dead?

A law enforcement source told Fox News that someone at Trump's residence called police to ask for a wellness check because he hadn't seen her in a while. When authorities arrived, they opened her door and found her at the bottom of the stairs.

---
There are some pics of her staircases in this link below:

FIRST RESPONDERS' OFFICIAL STATEMENTS

Officials didn't expand on details surrounding her death.

The FDNY said in an email that responded to a call from someone that Ivana was suffering from cardiac arrest around 12.40pm.

The NYPD said in an email that the EMS responded and prounounced Ms Trump dead at the scene.

"Ivana was found dead on Thursday afternoon by a member of household staff arriving at the home"

"Ivana was found dead on Thursday afternoon by a member of household staff arriving at the home"

why did she always fear of falling down the stairs? That’s such a weird fear to have. And doesn’t she have staffing around her 24/7? Whether it’s an assistant, chef, whatever.

I read that it was a maintenance worker. Although with her kind of money, and the size of her townhouse, I'm sure a maintenance worker would be considered household staff. lol

The ruling comes a day after Trump, age 73, was found dead in her Manhattan home by a maintenance worker. Her body was allegedly found next to a spilled cup of coffee, according to authorities.

Blunt injuries to the torso and accidental death just sounds strange to me. But I’m not a doctor or a coroner or forensic pathologist. <modsnip>
I agree. I, and others I know, also found blunt injuries to the torso as being a tad strange for a stair fall. To me it'd be arms, legs, butt, & head. All the extremities. I'm not seeing torso listed under severe injuries. Something just seems off although even the most suspicious things in life can be totally natural.

I Goog'ed for stair fall injuries and found this:

The type of injuries that can be sustained by a fall down the stairs is seemingly endless. Lower body injuries are the most common, followed by wounds to the head and neck. According to a 2017 study published in The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, sprains and strains make up about one-third of stair-related fall injuries. Here’s a look at some of the most common injuries resulting from a stair fall.

Minor Injuries:
  • Sprains – Joint injuries resulting from ligaments stretching or tearing in your knee or ankle.
  • Strains – Discomfort in in your arm, leg, back or neck muscles to due to stretching or tearing.
  • Bruises – A commonly bruised area is the buttocks which often take the brunt of a stair fall.
  • Minor Cuts and Scrapes – These can occur from contact with the stair treads or railing while falling.
Severe Injuries:
  • Deep Lacerations – Some more serious cuts may require stitches or other treatment
  • Fractures – Common candidates for broken bones include the foot, ankle, shoulder, scapula or hip.
  • Head Injuries – Serious falls can result in a concussion, skull fracture or other traumatic brain injury.
  • Herniated or slipped disk - A condition where the soft center of the rubbery disc between the neck or back bones pushes through a crack in the tougher exterior casing, which can result in pain and numbness. If you experience neck or back pain after falling down stairs, seek medical attention.
  • Internal bleeding - Blood vessels inside the body can be torn or crushed by the impact of a fall.
This is a blog that "Keep current on stair codes, industry standards, safety, and best practices." - Common Injuries from Falling Down Stairs & How to Prevent Falls

Also:

Among the biggest risks associated with falling down the stairs are:
  • head injuries, including concussions
  • back and spinal cord injuries
  • hip fractures and other broken bones
  • neck injuries
  • cuts and bruises

Last edited by a moderator:
why did she always fear of falling down the stairs? That’s such a weird fear to have. And doesn’t she have staffing around her 24/7? Whether it’s an assistant, chef, whatever.
I don't find it at all unusual for Ms. Trump to have had a fear of falling - especially on a staircase. I'm 72 and feel afraid even when I have to negotiate only a few steps into and out of my ranch style home. I rarely go down to the basement because the steps seem steep, and I'm not as confident as I used to be about going down the steep stairs. As we age, many people experience vision changes - including depth perception. This can make it difficult to go up and down a flight of stairs. Everyone has seen the TV commercials about older adults falling and not being able to get up. Fear of falling is real, and I doubt that anyone in their 70s, 80s, or beyond would think it's strange or unusual. JMO

I agree. I, and others I know, also found blunt injuries to the torso as being a tad strange for a stair fall. To me it'd be arms, legs, butt, & head. All the extremities. I'm not seeing torso listed under severe injuries. Something just seems off although even the most suspicious things in life can be totally natural.

I Goog'ed for stair fall injuries and found this:

The type of injuries that can be sustained by a fall down the stairs is seemingly endless. Lower body injuries are the most common, followed by wounds to the head and neck. According to a 2017 study published in The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, sprains and strains make up about one-third of stair-related fall injuries. Here’s a look at some of the most common injuries resulting from a stair fall.

Minor Injuries:
  • Sprains – Joint injuries resulting from ligaments stretching or tearing in your knee or ankle.
  • Strains – Discomfort in in your arm, leg, back or neck muscles to due to stretching or tearing.
  • Bruises – A commonly bruised area is the buttocks which often take the brunt of a stair fall.
  • Minor Cuts and Scrapes – These can occur from contact with the stair treads or railing while falling.
Severe Injuries:
  • Deep Lacerations – Some more serious cuts may require stitches or other treatment
  • Fractures – Common candidates for broken bones include the foot, ankle, shoulder, scapula or hip.
  • Head Injuries – Serious falls can result in a concussion, skull fracture or other traumatic brain injury.
  • Herniated or slipped disk - A condition where the soft center of the rubbery disc between the neck or back bones pushes through a crack in the tougher exterior casing, which can result in pain and numbness. If you experience neck or back pain after falling down stairs, seek medical attention.
  • Internal bleeding - Blood vessels inside the body can be torn or crushed by the impact of a fall.
This is a blog that "Keep current on stair codes, industry standards, safety, and best practices." - Common Injuries from Falling Down Stairs & How to Prevent Falls

Also:

Among the biggest risks associated with falling down the stairs are:
  • head injuries, including concussions
  • back and spinal cord injuries
  • hip fractures and other broken bones
  • neck injuries
  • cuts and bruises
Maybe a bannestier pole or furniture at the bottom of the stairs. I could see landing on something causing chest injuries.

I think the article was saying that Ivana's friend always feared that Ivana would fall down the stairs, not that Ivana had a fear of falling down the stairs?

Ivana Trump's friend Nikki Haskell says she always feared the socialite would fall on her stairs

So weird... I followed a case from Calgary years ago where it was determined .... weird weird weird weird stuff about a woman's death,.... the determination was that she'd fallen down her stairs, conveniently just when her husband happened to be out of town that evening/night... and then her dogs had ravished her... I still don't buy it, at ALL.

Since Ivana's health was reportedly failing in the last year, and that she had difficulty walking, I wish she had worn a medical alert watch, especially given the stairs in her residence. There are so many on the market now, smartwatches, which alert to a fall and which immediately notify authorities.

I knew Ivana, way back when in another life, before she met Donald Trump. We skied at Jay Peak, in Vermont. She was dating a competitive skier at the time, George Syrovatka, a fellow Czech. I didn't know her that well, we were in a group. But she was very friendly, a nice person, and a great skier.

Evidently she always remained being a lovely woman, notwithstanding the stature and fame she went on to have.

I agree. I, and others I know, also found blunt injuries to the torso as being a tad strange for a stair fall. To me it'd be arms, legs, butt, & head. All the extremities. I'm not seeing torso listed under severe injuries. Something just seems off although even the most suspicious things in life can be totally natural...
<respectfully snipped for space>

I imagined that Ms. Trump might have slipped on the carpeted steps like one might slip backwards on icy pavement. Your feet come out from under you, and you fall on your backside or flat on your back, and your head might even hit the pavement beneath you. Even on carpeted stairs, a fall like this could cause severe bruising/broken bones in the back and/or internal organ injuries. JMO

Ivana Trump, Donald Trump’s first wife, died at the age of 73 after an accident involving “blunt impact injuries” to her torso, the New York City Medical Examiner said Friday.

The medical examiner said the manner of death has been determined to be an accident.

A senior New York City official with direct knowledge of the matter said the circumstances of her death were consistent with a fall on the stairs...

<respectfully snipped for space>

I imagined that Ms. Trump might have slipped on the carpeted steps like one might slip backwards on icy pavement. Your feet come out from under you, and you fall on your backside or flat on your back, and your head might even hit the pavement beneath you. Even on carpeted stairs, a fall like this could cause severe bruising/broken bones in the back and/or internal organ injuries. JMO

Yes, but back, head and internal injuries are not the same as blunt force trauma to the torso. I can't imagine how falling down the stairs leads to such an injury, unless perhaps she fell face forward from the top floor and was found draped over a marble statue of a Roman warrior.

May she rest in peace.

She may have lost her balance on the balcony and fell over the railings to the bottom of the stairs. Those spiraling stairs are incredibly challenging to me, especially as I get older. But I'm one that can make myself dizzy in the shower!

Trunk (torso)​

The trunk, or torso, is the part of the body to which the head, arms, and legs connect. It includes the shoulders, chest, lower abdomen, back, and buttocks.
bbm
Thank you for sharing this. I've read several media reports about the injuries sustained by Ms. Trump, and none specify whether the "blunt force trauma to the torso" was to the front, back, or sides of the trunk (torso). I suggested a severe blow to the "back" because that could happen in a fall on stairs if Ms. Trump lost her balance, and her feet slipped out from under her as she descended the circular staircase. Blunt force trauma to the torso could very well indicate severe injuries to any part of her back. Torso does not necessarily mean only the front of the body. The torso includes the front, back, and sides of the trunk or core of the human body. Most of the major internal organs of the human body are located within the torso (trunk, core) and are susceptible to traumatic injury. JMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie