NY - Ivana Trump, 73, dies of 'blunt impact injuries', NYC, 14 July 2022

I do wonder if she was suffering from depression. Although, I also wonder why she was "hunched over" while walking around the city. What health problems was she suffering from to cause that ? Wouldn't her children have been concerned and gotten her more help ? Honestly, I know nothing about this family, but.... I dont' think a 73 y/o person should be living in a four story townhouse. They should be in a one story anything else. JMO So sad.
I read today that people were concerned about the stairs, but she said she was never moving from that townhouse :( RIP Beautiful Ivana. You are an Icon.

I fell down my steps once and my side hit the edge of the stairs so hard it broke a rib. I wonder if the fall broke a rib and punctured an organ?
We have a staircase, that I am always fearful of. I forbid my fubaby to go up there, because the stairs are solid oak and slippery. So we have a doggy gate.
Originally, when we made the plans for the house, the stairs were to be safer.
They were supposed to have been a deeper tread, which would have resulted n a less steep incline. Unfortunately, our brain dead builder didn't fulfill our requests. :rolleyes: Nothng new, right? ;)
On the upside, our bedroom suite is downstairs.
Still, I worry about when we have visitors . The stair treads are too shallow, thus that makes them steeper than necessary, and less safe.
The only choice is to hold onto the stair railing as tightly as possible anytime we need to go up, because these stairs could otherwise be deadly.

Everyone, no matter what age, should be taught that stairs are dangerous. Always hold the rails and plant your foot with deliberation, on each step. We will probably never know if her heart attack was the cause of the stair fall or a result of the stair fall. RIP to a unique and special woman.

We have a staircase, that I am always fearful of. I forbid my fubaby to go up there, because the stairs are solid oak and slippery. So we have a doggy gate.
They were supposed to have been a deeper tread, which would have resulted n a less steep incline. Unfortunately, our brain dead builder didn't fulfill our requests. :rolleyes: Nothng new, right? ;)
Still, I worry about when we have visitors . The stair treads are too shallow, thus that makes them steeper than necessary, and less safe.
The only choice is to hold onto the stair railing as tightly as possible anytime we need to go up, because these stairs could otherwise be deadly.
I live in an old southern Federal style house with old pine floors that are so slippery. After that fall I had - taking Christmas stuff up the stairs in my socks - to then further take my Christmas stuff into the attic - never again. I don’t store my Christmas upstairs any longer. That fall scared the mess out of me, and I consciously never wear socks now going up or down my stairs. I hold onto the railing at all times - every time. I really hurt myself and saw stars. I feel so hard I even thought I was developing a detached retina because days after the fall my left eye kept having flashes of light. This was about 3 Christmases ago and it still haunts me! One day soon when I can’t do the stairs I’m going to have to move our bedroom downstairs.

Last edited:
Everyone, no matter what age, should be taught that stairs are dangerous. Always hold the rails and plant your foot with deliberation, on each step. We will probably never know if her heart attack was the cause of the stair fall or a result of the stair fall. RIP to a unique and special woman.
three point of contact when going up or down stairs. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
why did she always fear of falling down the stairs? That’s such a weird fear to have. And doesn’t she have staffing around her 24/7? Whether it’s an assistant, chef, whatever.
The last couple of years of my mom's life, she had a terrible fear of stairs and falling down them. It is quite common among older folks.

I’m surprised that the stairs passed code. The laws may be more relaxed where you are. That wouldn’t fly in many places because of what you explained well.

Ivana Trump's body was found next to a cup of spilled coffee, leading some to wonder if she may have been carrying the cup when she fell.​

"Donald Trump and Melania are seen arriving in New York City ahead of Ivana's funeral service Wednesday.​

Funeral proceedings for Ivana are set to begin at 1:30pm, according to an invitation obtained by the New York Post.

The invitation requests guests donate to 'the big dog rescue' 'in lieu of flowers,' according to the paper."

Last edited:
Ivana Trump will get a flashy send-off in New York City on Wednesday, as friends and family gather at the St. Vincent Ferrer Roman Catholic Church to celebrate her life.

Trump — who passed away at the age of 73 Thursday from injuries sustained during a fall — was all about glamor, according to R. Couri Hay, society columnist who knew Trump for more than 40 years. Hay tells PEOPLE that her funeral will honor that dazzling legacy.

"We are really grateful to the family, especially her children, for arranging this big, glamorous send-off with all of her friends," Hay says. "This would have been what she wanted."...

why did she always fear of falling down the stairs? That’s such a weird fear to have. And doesn’t she have staffing around her 24/7? Whether it’s an assistant, chef, whatever.
Older people fear falling down at all. According to my mother anything on the floor she needs to step over is a death trap.

And I find descriptions such as "glamorous, dazzling, flashy" really strange and off-putting in connection with funeral.

Jarring.
I don't find it much different than the very opulent funerals of members of Britain's Royal Family. Millions of people worldwide tune in to watch the pomp and circumstance of "royal" sendoffs. In some ways, the Trump family are like royalty in the U.S. Ivana Trump probably wanted her funeral - the celebration of her life - to be a reflection of her glamorous lifestyle. JMO

Rest in peace, beautiful lady.

I don't find it much different than the very opulent funerals of members of Britain's Royal Family. Millions of people worldwide tune in to watch the pomp and circumstance of "royal" sendoffs. In some ways, the Trump family are like royalty in the U.S. Ivana Trump probably wanted her funeral - the celebration of her life - to be a reflection of her glamorous lifestyle. JMO

Rest in peace, beautiful lady.
I think the big funeral is fine. Its what she wanted. But maybe the media reporting it in those terms is maybe a bit inappropriate perhaps.

The last couple of years of my mom's life, she had a terrible fear of stairs and falling down them. It is quite common among older folks.

We moved to our new house, primarily because it was built for older, "empty nesters". ADA everything. We love it. No steps. Walk in shower.

Too bad Ivana Trump didn't choose to move.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back