NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

Article/video from April 2020https://www.timesunion.com/news/amp/Cold-Case-What-happened-to-Jaliek-Rainwalker-15213117.php

Cold Case: What happened to Jaliek Rainwalker?

I already had my opinion on the case but admit my eyes widened when I saw his lawyer - Terry Kindlon
“Terence Kindlon, driven by a mixture of talent and testosterone, has defined his 35-year criminal defense career by defending accused murderers, rapists and other pariahs.”
(Not that it matters but his son is now representing the limo company in the NYS limo crash)

The case of a missing Washington County child has grabbed the national spotlight. The disappearance of 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker was recently featured on the wildly popular Crime Junkie podcast.

Jaliek was last seen with his adoptive father, Stephen Kerr, after going missing from a family home in Greenwich on November 1, 2007. The hosts of Crime Junkie, Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat, told NEWS10’s Anya Tucker that they felt a connection to Jaliek’s story.

The hosts work with and support organizations that advocate for children. Prawat, who was adopted as an infant, is a foster and adoptive parent herself.

The Cambridge-Greenwich Police Department says Stephen Kerr remains a person of interest in the case, but he and his wife Jocelyn McDonald deny he had any involvement in Jaliek’s disappearance.

Their attorney, Jeffrey McMorris, released a statement saying, “The family remains committed to seeing Jaliek safely home, and if these broadcasts raise public awareness, they could be helpful in that effort.”
Washington County missing child case featured in Crime Junkie podcast | WWTI - InformNNY.com

Kindlon also defended Chris Porco from Delmar. In the years since Kerr has switched to Jeff McMorris, a sorry excuse for a man, father and lawyer. McMorris just keeps regurgitating the various and contradictory lies that SK and JM repeat year after year.

<modsnip>

Article/video from April 2020

Cold Case: What happened to Jaliek Rainwalker?

I already had my opinion on the case but admit my eyes widened when I saw his lawyer - Terry Kindlon
“Terence Kindlon, driven by a mixture of talent and testosterone, has defined his 35-year criminal defense career by defending accused murderers, rapists and other pariahs.”
(Not that it matters but his son is now representing the limo company in the NYS limo crash)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now First on 13, state police investigators are following new credible leads that brought them to this baseball field in Troy, hoping to find the evidence that could ultimately solve this case and bring justice for Jaliek.

It wasn't long after he went missing that police began focusing their attention on Kerr, labeling him a person of interest. They retraced the steps that Kerr and Jaliek had taken in the hours before Kerr reported him missing.

Kerr told police there was a drive from a respite home for foster families in Albany County, where he picked up Jaliek, and a stop at Red Robin in Latham for a bite to eat before heading north to Greenwich. There were massive searches done all along their purported route.

However, investigators don't believe Jaliek ever made it back to Greenwich. That brings us to this location. There’s a credible lead that there may be evidence here on a 40-acre property known as the South Troy Dodgers Baseball Fields, off Thompson Street. Police K9s, a scuba unit using robots to check under manhole covers, and many of the same state police investigators — on the case since the beginning are scouring the property in search of the clues that could bring the justice for Jaliek they've been seeking for 14 and a half years.
1656519412760.jpeg

12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker was last seen in November 2007.

Despite all that time, his adoptive grandmother remains hopeful that this painful mystery will one day be solved.

On Wednesday, State Police can be seen searching a wooded area near Thompson Street close to the South Troy Dodgers Baseball Fields.

His adoptive grandmother, Barbara Reeley, tells CBS6 that State Police contacted her to inform her that they were searching a property as part of the investigation.

NOVEMBER 1st, 2017: 10 years after his disappearance, no sign of Jaliek Rainwalker

Back in 2017, Cambridge-Greenwich Police told CBS 6 News they had continued to look for possible leads, and that year a partial skull was found in Coxsackie, but it turned out not to be Jaliek's remains.

Also that year, police told us Jaliek's adoptive father was still a person of interest, but his attorney said then that was unfortunate because Jaliek's parents believed he would still come home someday.

Several years ago, the case itself was reclassified as a probable homicide.

Barbara, who has since moved to Florida to be with family after her husband's passing, says she just wants closure.

She says she's been encouraged by the renewed interest in missing persons' cases through social media and podcasts, using crimes like the Gabby Petito case as an example.

MARCH 7th, 2017: Police investigate connection to missing persons case

"I've done several interviews, there have been a couple podcasts. I participate in anything and everything - I hope in my lifetime that I'll know what happened to Jaliek and be able to, you know, put him to rest and, you know, nobody deserves to be put aside and you know, hidden,” Reeley tells CBS 6.

Reeley says Jaliek's case has been tough on her in many ways, because she hasn't seen her daughter or her grandchildren in over 14 years because of the disappearance.

The disappearance of 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker from Washington County nearly 15 years ago has remained unsolved.

But State Police say a tip prompted officers to search a wooded area near the South Troy Dodgers baseball fields on Wednesday.

“They got a tip and they said it was a good tip,” Reeley said. “I don’t know any other details.”

The ball fields are located near where Reeley and her husband once had a clay studio.

Reeley now lives in Sumterville, Fla. Her husband, Dennis Smith, and former Cambridge-Greenwich Police George Bell, the law enforcement official who led the yearslong search for Jaliek, died within weeks of each other in 2018.

Dear lord please help them find
Jaliek. I have a lot of faith since Brittanee Drexel was found. Karma is coming for that sob SK. I pray so hard they find him! Such a handsome young man! No child deserves anything like what he had been through since he was born!

Police K-9s, a scuba unit using robots to check under manhole covers and state police investigators were reportedly on the scene off of Thompson Street in Troy.

Rainwalker’s stepfather, Kerr, was the last person seen with Rainwalker and named a “person of interest” by police shortly after the boy went missing.

Police searched the route Kerr claimed the pair took, including stops at the Red Robin restaurant in Latham.

NOV 1

Missing for 15 years.

NOV 1

Missing for 15 years.

15 years. This is where I live (I live about an hour north now, but at the time I was maybe 15 mins away. Literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about because I feel very strongly those that were close to him very well know what they did and where his body is.. moo… I pray for Justice someday.

Dear lord please help them find
Jaliek. I have a lot of faith since Brittanee Drexel was found. Karma is coming for that sob SK. I pray so hard they find him! Such a handsome young man! No child deserves anything like what he had been through since he was born!

15 years. This is where I live (I live about an hour north now, but at the time I was maybe 15 mins away. Literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about because I feel very strongly those that were close to him very well know what they did and where his body is.. moo… I pray for Justice someday.
I heard about this case through a recent YouTube video. Is there any evidence for foul play other than the fact that JW has not resurfaced in the time since his disappearance?

My understanding is that he left a note, and that the note was authenticated.

That note, if authentic, seems to point to a voluntary disappearance. If JW left voluntarily, then it is difficult to be sure what happened to him.

The amount of time that he has been missing does make it unlikely that he is still alive, of course.

Kendall Rae has a youtube channel where she discusses crime: disappearances, murders, etc and about 3 weeks ago she uploaded a video discussing Jaliek’s case, haven’t watch it yet for some reason his, Sherri Ann Jarvis and Georgia Lee’s stories break my heart
Here is the video below:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10