GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

I think it is a shame that it takes almost a week for LE to get cell ping records when a person is missing and could be trapped in a wrecked vehicle or otherwise in need of rescue. We need to take advantage of the technology we have available to almost everyone much sooner.

Privacy laws are an issue, but that could be taken care of with a simple waiver which a cell phone owner could use to specify to whom and under what circumstances their information could be released in an emergency situation. Maybe one of those websites that people can go to for legal documents should offer such a document which could be made available free to the public. They could promote it as a public service and draw new customers to their site.

TGI....I think that is a great idea. Something has to be done.

Personnel involved in the search expanded from 10 people to 22 people divided into six crews. In addition, two dogs are helping the effort. The search also went slightly beyond the boundaries that were established when the search began on Tuesday.

Sgt. John D'Eredita says crews hope to cover another 200 acres on Wednesday. He added that they might deploy the Sheriff's Department's Air-1 helicopter over Syracuse's northern suburbs once again.

Search teams are concentrating their efforts in areas where her cell phone records registered activity the day she went missing. Her parents say Watson was home when they left for work. When they returned, she was nowhere to be found.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...ool-woman-resumes/jyuxyRaWU0qP-WqAU3Q-qw.cspx

11:00AM update:

The search for Jenni-Lyn Watson resumed this morning.

A sheriff's spokesperson says there are six search and rescue crews, totaling 22 people along with 2 dogs.

They hope to complete a search of 200 acres today in addition to the 200 acres combed through yesterday, in remote areas by Morgan Road, State Route 48, Henry Clay Boulevard and Buckley Road. Investigators say they are searching the area based upon phone data that indicates Watson's missing cell phone was last used in that area.

There are still no suspects or persons of interest in the disappearance of the 20 year old college students. Detectives have been dispatched to Mercyhurst College in Pennsylvania where she was a student. They are talking to faculty, friends and students hoping to develop new leads.

At 3 o'clock Wednesday afternoon there will be a vigil for Jenni-Lyn Watson at Saint Margaret's Church in Mattydale. A spokesperson for the family has asked that the family not be approached during the vigil as they are too distraught.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=544125

Jenni Lynn's mom released a statement today that was just read on the noon news, you can read the entire article here...

Search for missing Liverpool woman resumes

The missing woman's mother, Jackie Watson, told NewsChannel 9 that her family would like to thank the public for all of the offers of help and assistance. At this time, but the family is asking that people respect the advice of the Sheriff's Department and avoid designated search areas. However, they ask that people check their personal property, including buildings, basements, or sheds.

:praying:

Praying you are safe somewhere, Jenni, and can soon be home with your family.

They're not even saying what time the parents went to work and what time they returned?! This happened six days ago, why has that info not being released?

Also, the police say they are going to Mercyhurst College to interview people but on her college's website it says that their break is from November 17-November 29 so the majority of students and faculty are not going to be walking around campus this week. They should look at Mercyhurst students who live within a certain mile radius of Jenni Lyn.

2:15pm update:

Onondaga County sheriff's deputies are attempting to identify a vehicle that has been reported to be in the vicinity of Jenni-Lyn Watson's home the day she went missing.

Detectives have received information about a pickup truck that reportedly was in the area of Donegal Way on November 19th. Detectives would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area between 7am and 3pm and who may have been operating or saw a dark colored pickup truck.

Detectives would like to speak with the driver of the vehicle in an effort to gather more information about Watson's disappearance.

Sheriff's deputies are asking the public for help in identifying the driver of a pickup truck reported in the area of Jenni-Lyn Watson's residence the day she disappeared from her Clay home.
The dark-colored pickup truck was seen on Watson's street, Donegal Way, between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Friday, deputies said.
Deputies believe the driver may be able to provide valuable information about the investigation into Watson's disappearance.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/search_continues_for_missing_c.html

LIVERPOOL -- 2:15pm update:

Onondaga County sheriff's deputies are attempting to identify a vehicle that has been reported to be in the vicinity of Jenni-Lyn Watson's home the day she went missing.

Detectives have received information about a pickup truck that reportedly was in the area of Donegal Way on November 19th. Detectives would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area between 7am and 3pm and who may have been operating or saw a dark colored pickup truck.

Detectives would like to speak with the driver of the vehicle in an effort to gather more information about Watson's disappearance.

Between 7am and 3pm is a pretty big span of time...can't they narrow it down? (as far as the truck they are asking about)

I wonder if she got a call to meet someone? Someone called her from outside her home and told her to come outside? We don't know if she had a coat, I guess. How far is this search area from her home?

I'm from a city about an hour from where they are searching and it gets super cold there at night...I hope she is dressed warmly, but if she has been outside all this time, even with a coat, I don't see how she could be okay.

I hope it's not just her phone that was tossed in that area...:(

Jenni Lyn's neighborhood is off of Bear Rd--it's not that big of a neighborhood--only a few streets. It's not an extremely wealthy, historic, or downtown neighborhood so I can't see any reason why someone would just be driving down the streets unless they had a reason to be there. I wonder if LE found out about the pickup truck from going door to door? Hopefully, they have already gone to everyone in the neighborhood's house considering that there aren't that many homes and it's been six days!

Does anyone know what that building is that is at the front of Jenni Lyn's neighborhood? If you go onto Satellite view on Google Maps, you'll see it.

Detectives would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area between 7am and 3pm and who may have been operating or saw a dark colored pickup truck.

snip from above link...

I think the time frame 7am-3pm is perhaps the last time she was seen by her sister (7am) and when someone got home to find her not there. If her sister is still in school (iirc it was reported she is 17) this would fit with the school hours time frame?

I am assuming the same pick up truck was seen by several neighbors over the course of the day, hence the time span.

Assuming that her sister goes to the local public school which looks to be Liverpool High School, school begins at 7:45 and ends at 2:19. Perhaps she had something to do after school or the police are just rounding the time to 3? Does LE frequently use round numbers when discussing a time frame or do they get more specific?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back