Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole area of NY is very hilly and rural (outside of Syracuse anyways). The areas between towns/cities often have thick forests and a lot of hills. There are several possibly routes to take and all (IME) are 2 lanes, one in each direction. Its beautiful in the fall......but.....so many places to even begin to look. The areas where the phone and car were found are quite close to the access points for the I90 as well.

On google map it looks like an incredibly beautiful area... and Norwich looks so quaint!

But this type of terrain does not lend itself well to finding something hidden...

Hopefully her vehicle will yield some clues about what has happened to her.

Do we know what town Jennifer lives in? Much of Chenango County is close to I-81, which leads directly to the mall. I can't see a busy mother on a shopping trip taking a tour to see the leaves changing, etc. I guess if she lived east of Norwich, she may have had to pass through there.

From MSM article... Jennifer lives on:

Sheff Road
New Berlin, NY,
in Chenango County...

HTH

This case caught my attention because I grew up in the Central NY area and used to shop at that mall all the time...

From following some links on her FB, it seems her online name of choice is d00rst0p. When you Google it, quite a lot comes up. I'm fairly certain its her as she posts on craft sites as a knitter (one of her FB posts was to answer a question that she wanted a KnitPicks gift certificate...), and also on some running sites (you can tell her husband is an avid runner from his FB, and also Jennifer to some extent).

Some of what I've found:

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/running-fibromyalgia-1 (Says in a comment in response to this post she has fibromyalgia and is on some medications that a person shouldn't just necessarily stop cold-turkey - wonder if she would have had her meds with her when she left?)

https://twitter.com/d00rst0p

http://www.wattpad.com/user/d00rst0p

Lots of other stuff on Google. Hopefully some of it will prove relevant since there seems to be so little info on this case...

Thanks for this info. Pharmchick! :seeya:

Hopefully her vehicle will yield some clues about what has happened to her.
Hopefully the vehicle and her cell phone will provide some information, along with whatever else LE may be looking at; her computer, etc.
And let's hope that LE will release some information soon. I'm just hoping for the best here. The longer time goes on with no word of Jennifer, the more worrisome this becomes.

Let's Keep the faith!

Vehicle of missing Chenango County woman located, woman remains missing
Posted: 1 hr, 16 mins ago

MISSINGPERSON2.jpg

MISSINGPERSON(1).jpg

CHENANGO COUNTY -- The Chenango County Sheriff's Office says it has located the vehicle of missing Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, from the Town of New Berlin.

Ramsaran was last seen leaving her home Tuesday morning, December 11. Ramsaran told her husband she was going to Destiny USA to do some shopping. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.

Deputies say Ramsaran’s vehicle, a maroon 2006 Chrysler minivan, was located in the City of Norwich.

Deputies are asking anyone with information about Jennifer to contact the Chenango County Sheriffs Office at 607-334-2000 option 1. All calls will be kept confidential. more at http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=838085#.UM8xnW88CSo

So, same pics and same story, just thought I would post it since it was posted just an hour ago with nothing new... :sigh:

Deputies said Ramsaran was reported missing by her husband, who said she told him she was going to the Destiny USA mall in Syracuse to shop. She left in a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan, which was found at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday at an unspecified apartment complex in Norwich, deputies said.

Deputies didn’t release other details.

The maroon minivan has license plates EFA1962, deputies said previously, and her cellphone was found on state Route 23 in the town of Plymouth on Wednesday.

Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before leaving, deputies said.

Her last known hair color was brown, deputies said. Ramsaran is white, has blue eyes, is 5 foot 5 inches tall and weighs 190 pounds.

Deputies seek the public’s assistance in locating Ramsaran. Anyone with information about her or the minivan is asked to call the Chenango County Sheriffs Office at 334-2000, ext. 1. Calls will be kept confidential, deputies said. more at http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1839367823/Deputies-Vehicle-of-missing-woman-found

So, my question is about the hair color is/was did she have an appt. to have her hair done and if so, why cant anyone speak to the hairdresser that may have colored her hair? OR were there empty/used hair color applicators and boxes in the trash...if so, what color was that dye?

The Chenango County Sheriff's Department Investigating Missing Person

Published: 9:07 am Share Updated: 9:07 am
From The Chenango County Sheriff’s Office:

The Chenango County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a missing person complaint. The missing person: Jennifer L. Ramsaran, age 36, Sheff Road in the Town of New Berlin was last seen leaving her residence on the morning of December 11, 2012. Jennifer told her husband she was going to Destiny USA in Syracuse to shop. She left in a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan, color maroon with New York registration EFA1962. Jennifer’s cell phone was located on December 12, 2012 on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.

Jennifer may have changed her hair color and style prior to leaving on Tuesday.

The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 607-334-2000 option 1. All calls will be kept confidential.

Same story x's 3 this morning... I dont get it? why does the hair color even matter? we would not have known if they had not of told us? the only thing that it causes to cross my mind is that maybe she wanted to disappear? I also find it hard to believe that they are unsure if she colored her hair with out knowing why they think she may have done it in the first place...makes no sense.moo

http://www.newschannel34.com/conten...eriffs-Department/f-W2DWyoSkmpsztql4Bw2w.cspx

this story is from 3 days ago...and is slightly different...

Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA

Syracuse, NY – Authorities are looking for a Chenango County woman who has been missing since Tuesday when she told her husband she was driving to Syracuse to shop at Destiny USA.

Jennifer L. Ramsaran, 36, of Sheff Road, in the Town of New Berlin, was last seen leaving her home on Tuesday, Chenango County Sheriff’s deputies said.

She was driving a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with a New York license plate of EFA1962.

Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth. more at http://media.syracuse.com/news/photo/11991352-small.jpg

Deputies ask that anyone with information about Ramsaran call them at 607-334-2000 and push option 1.

So, LE has reason to believe that she changed the color and style--thats kind of a big deal, imo, she could easily look like an entirely different person --which i suppose that would be the whole point. But still the comments on fb about the hairdo fiasco just being overblown...it reminds me of katrina smiths husband saying that they were not seperated and the cops had it all wrong. maybe i have it all wrong -- but this hair thing means something...jmho

the way that the hair style and change in color is repeatedly reported tells me this may be meaningful to this case...

I, too, hope investigations into her found car brings some important information...

And I think the phone that was found could provide a GREAT DEAL of information, too!

Information from phone could tell...

who did she talk to last?

what were they talking about?

her demeanor before the phone was tossed?

Finger prints on the phone....,was she the one that tossed it?

what time the phone was tossed... Thereby helping to tighten up a timeline of events...

Etc....

JMO

Would it be correct to assume that there is no camera footage of her at the mall or don't they know yet?

Would it be correct to assume that there is no camera footage of her at the mall or don't they know yet?

Very good question...

Camera footage at the malls could be fairly extensive...

And I wonder if there is any surveillance camera footage from Plank Road Manor where her car was found?

Maybe there are even some pix on the cell phone that was found?

JMO

Very good question...

Camera footage at the malls could be fairly extensive...

And I wonder if there is any surveillance camera footage from Plank Road Manor where her car was found?

Maybe there are even some pix on the cell phone that was found?

JMO
https://www.facebook.com/DestinyUSA2012?fref=ts

This is the Mall that Jennifer may have shopped at. We don't know if she made it to this destination. I actually posted Jennifer's Missing flyer in here yesterday... it seemed appropriate. Now I don't see it there.

I wonder if hair dye or empty box was found in the home? I can't imagine the hair color statements otherwise.

I wonder if hair dye or empty box was found in the home? I can't imagine the hair color statements otherwise.
Good thought Cluciano63. I took it to mean that she may have told someone she was having her hair colored on that morning, before she headed out.
It would really be helpful if the husband/family/friends would bring forth any information, such as this. But still, they're not posting anything that I can see, and Jennifer's friends that I reached out to have still not replied.

Silence is so loud sometimes.... you know?

https://www.facebook.com/DestinyUSA2012?fref=ts

This is the Mall that Jennifer may have shopped at. We don't know if she made it to this destination. I actually posted Jennifer's Missing flyer in here yesterday... it seemed appropriate. Now I don't see it there.

Wow! I just looked through some of this page... Seems like they only want to show the "fun" things happening at their mall? :waitasec:

Destiny USA would be a GREAT place to have missing person posters...

Even if Jennifer did NOT make it to the mall... An attraction that size (as Destiny USA) would have people visiting from all surrounding areas.... And one of these shoppers may have seen Jennifer in their travels!...

I wonder if Destiny USA has another site to post missing persons?

JMO

Good thought Cluciano63. I took it to mean that she may have told someone she was having her hair colored on that morning, before she headed out.
It would really be helpful if the husband/family/friends would bring forth any information, such as this. But still, they're not posting anything that I can see, and Jennifer's friends that I reached out to have still not replied.

Silence is so loud sometimes.... you know?

I SOOOO agree!

The silence... And lack of responses to you from friends/family is so puzzling! :what:

You are probably right....

but the change in color and hairstyle might also reflect her demeanor before she disappeared....

JMO

Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth. more at http://media.syracuse.com/news/photo/11991352-small.jpg

Wait, what? So who have seen Jennifer last and WHEN it was? I assume husband couldn't have seen her when she was leaving, otherwise he would notice she changed her hair colour. So who was the last person to see Jennifer, when it was and when did she tell her husband she was going shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998