Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in this case there have been no statements on a cod or motive. You have the cart in front of the horse at this point. But that will change.

Just because LE hasn't announced such, doesn't preclude that one or two people have a clear motive that is readily apparent.

I agree, that horse will be pulling the cart quite soon!! :bud:

Boston is a prime example of the community helping an investigation. Something Jennifer's case was not allowed... LE went along with GR and his hissy fit about searching. Didn't LE find it odd a man would not want to go to any lengths to find his missing wife. At that pint she could have been alive... Why worry about tampering with evidence.... Finding her should have been top priority. Sad that in five days two terrorists can be caught using surveillance but in four months and blatantly obvious red flags LE can't even give a decent statement about what happened to a mother of three! I don't know how they sleep at night or look in the mirror. Jmo.

Does anyone know anything about the local DA who might be asked to decide if any evidence/motives presented by LE have a chance of successful prosecution? I think that could be an important factor too.

Does anyone know anything about the local DA who might be asked to decide if any evidence/motives presented by LE have a chance of successful prosecution? I think that could be an important factor too.

I have wondered about this a lot too, zwiebel. Is this the DA that has needed to prosecute a local murderer through three trials? Is this DA very twitchy about future murder prosecutions?

Some have hinted at this ... would be interesting to hear the locals opinions.

The DA is Joseph McBride, who ran for County Judge this past year, but lost. He had a 99% conviction rate in 2011. He did oversee all 3 trials for Wlasiuk's murder of his wife. McBride said that Wlasiuk killed his wife to claim her life insurance policy and be with his girlfriend.

It's my understanding that the first 2 trials were overturned due to incompetent defense attorney, and admitting "hearsay" into evidence (the wife's diary, where she wrote that she thought her husband would kill her).

Interestingly enough, his uncle, Peter McBride was the first attorney to represent Wlasiuk.

Not to beat a dead horse, but has any possible relationship between GR and the local PD been discussed? I'm in shock that this case is still sitting.

Just like the Karen Swift and April Christine Kauffman murders, the silence is deafening and those in charge seem to be scratching their heads and shrugging their shoulders.

Not to beat a dead horse, but has any possible relationship between GR and the local PD been discussed? I'm in shock that this case is still sitting.

I think we have discussed GR's fortunate meeting in the sauna with an LE officer he knew, but I believe that was a passing acquaintance, rather than a friend?

To be honest, I cannot imagine LE allowing any possible friendship to affect their professional judgement in such a serious case. Even if one person wanted to close their eyes to the possibilities, what about the rest of the department? To have the full co-operation of an entire department in sweeping a case under the carpet would be a very dangerous path indeed.

I tend to think if there is any conspiracy, it's simply one of silence. Lack of information or updates. That can be very damaging to a case in itself, but I'm still hoping the silence in this case has a greater purpose. If it's worrying us, just imagine the effect it's having on the person who did this to Jennifer.

Ah. And in the comments underneath, the local opinion appears to be split straight down the middle about him. I didn't notice that originally.

I think we have discussed GR's fortunate meeting in the sauna with an LE officer he knew, but I believe that was a passing acquaintance, rather than a friend?

To be honest, I cannot imagine LE allowing any possible friendship to affect their professional judgement in such a serious case. Even if one person wanted to close their eyes to the possibilities, what about the rest of the department? To have the full co-operation of an entire department in sweeping a case under the carpet would be a very dangerous path indeed.

I tend to think if there is any conspiracy, it's simply one of silence. Lack of information or updates. That can be very damaging to a case in itself, but I'm still hoping the silence in this case has a greater purpose. If it's worrying us, just imagine the effect it's having on the person who did this to Jennifer.

I understand about the Y run in, I've followed this case since the beginning. I haven't been here much because the lack of action on the part of LE is frustrating. I agree with you that the conspiracy is likely one of silence, but truly it only takes ONE friend in the dept to sway others or move evidence around. Just thinking.

I had a candle burning for you all day Jen. Still thinking of you daily and holding out hope that you will receive some justice x

Amazing. Any word from her parents, sister? I haven't followed the FB pages.

Maybe everyone should ask him for some answers! He may not like all the questions and ask CCS for answers as well. I guess it wouldn't hurt the case. Some have already started asking!

Law Enforcement:
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.......

http://www.sheriffsinstitute.org/chenangosheriff

Looks like SEC was elected for four years in nov 2009.... So he is up for reelection soon. You'd think he might actually want to do something! Unless maybe wer're going to play hero around election time to get some 'at-a-boy votes. I just have this image of LE sitting there feet up on the desk twiddling their thumbs. What is the under sheriffs job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member