Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so upset right now, but this really pisses me off :furious:

To be honest, I think that we shouldn't have listened and just went ahead and did it anyway.

Searches have been conducted under the radar, both larger scale and smaller scale, but I'm not sure how far west anyone else got.

We only got as far west as Chan Aldrich Road.

Echoing what others have said here -- I am sooooo sorry and thank you for all the insights provided during a very trying time...

May all the truths unfold and be told... may justice swiftly be served with maximum penalties once the whole story unravels...

I can now say some things more freely.

Jennifer's parents searched nearly every day for their daughter. I've seen the map they used. They highlighted all the roads they've driven on, nearly every single day, weather permitting.

I saw them last this past Saturday when they showed up to get new flyers and search. I gave them a list of roads certain experienced people zoned in on, and sent them on their way, while taking my own map and doing more on foot with the people I was with. They too searched on foot in the past - even approaching abandoned houses with crumbling foundations. Yes, they were desperate, as anyone of us would be if we knew our child was out there somewhere.

Her mom, Carol is lovely. Jennifer looks a lot like her. Her dad, Tom is a proud man. And determined. The love they have for Jennifer was more than obvious. I am proud to have met them.

I've never heard heartbreak like that in a woman's voice or seen it on parents' faces like I saw that day. And I'll never forget it.

Personally, I think it stinks that our community grew so silent. So many people believed she just took off, and it sickens me to think of that now, knowing what we know. There should have been loud and very public outrage at the acceptance of the notion that she just vanished.

<modsnipped> For anyone who questions public searches, this case is certainly food for thought at the very least, IMO. I see both sides, but seeing this particular side up close and personal, it's both saddening and maddening to know that she could have been found sooner.

To be honest, I think that we shouldn't have listened and just went ahead and did it anyway.

Searches have been conducted under the radar, both larger scale and smaller scale, but I'm not sure how far west anyone else got.

Jilllian... Please don't second guess yourself on this...

Just think if the perp had followed...and tried to harm part of the search group in some way...

Things happen for a reason... Even if we don't always know what that reason is...

:hug:

JMO

I can now say some things more freely.

Jennifer's parents searched nearly every day for their daughter. I've seen the map they used. They highlighted all the roads they've driven on, nearly every single day, weather permitting.

I saw them last this past Saturday when they showed up to get new flyers and search. I gave them a list of roads certain experienced people zoned in on, and sent them on their way, while taking my own map and doing more on foot with the people I was with. They too searched on foot in the past - even approaching abandoned houses with crumbling foundations. Yes, they were desperate, as anyone of us would be if we knew our child was out there somewhere.

Her mom, Carol is lovely. Jennifer looks a lot like her. Her dad, Tom is a proud man. And determined. The love they have for Jennifer was more than obvious. I am proud to have met them.

I've never heard heartbreak like that in a woman's voice or seen it on parents' faces like I saw that day. And I'll never forget it.

Personally, I think it stinks that our community grew so silent. So many people believed she just took off, and it sickens me to think of that now, knowing what we know. There should have been loud and very public outrage at the acceptance of the notion that she just vanished.

<modsnipped>. For anyone who questions public searches, this case is certainly food for thought at the very least, IMO. I see both sides, but seeing this particular side up close and personal, it's both saddening and maddening to know that she could have been found sooner.

Jillian,
I just wanted to say how amazing you have been and how appreciated it is that you gave up so much of your time for Jennifer.
You have personally copped a lot of undeserved crap for just trying to help find her.
It sounds like you have def. been a godsend to her parents and her sister.
I had no doubt her parents were doing everything they could, even though they as well were severely criticised.
Now let's hope LE get their man!

I'm kind of at a loss for words now. I just hope that justice is served swiftly, and that the whole truth of everything is forthcoming.

Jillian --

I am so sorry that you had to hold your tongue and thoughts all this time to remain professional and not leak out any info. Easy for me to say -- but never ever feel that you did not do enough -- you certainly did and had many obstacles along the way. Your last paragraph about the condition Jen was found in -- that is something the public may never know via MSM -- but here is to oh-so-hoping that the 'preservation' also has many clues attached.

May I ask -- how/why did 'they' look on that road and had the location been bypassed many times before?

Thankfully and gratefully I have never gone thru this -- only when one of my dogs went missing for 3 days -- and that had me and many others worn down doing searches each and every day... searches, flyers, phone calls, etc... in the end, he was found safe and not far from home...

This certainly is not over and I hope that all the armchair sleuthing done on this site may have helped or will help LE and those involved find the answers needed for complete closure.

Oh no you did what you thought was best at the time! I hope I didn't imply anything different tone is so hard to read online :blushing:

Press conference by District Attorney and Sheriff's Office at 8:00 am.
Stay tuned.

On another note, are we already predicting what spins on this others are going to take, namely the suspect who will likely be charged when the autopsy is complete tomorrow?

<modsnip>

Suicide has already been mentioned somewhere, unfortunately, as has a drug overdose.

We know there was a substantial amount of blood found under the seat of the van. So, unless she stumbled from her van with a gaping head wound, and with a serious loss of blood, down route 23, over 10 miles (?), climbed into a ditch on Center Road in Pharsalia, <modsnip>, and then at least partially buried herself, all while being unseen by any passersby, I would say, "No."

I see a sudden onslaught of theories coming this way.

Oh no you did what you thought was best at the time! I hope I didn't imply anything different tone is so hard to read online :blushing:

no - that was just me with the whole "hindsight is 20/20" thing. didn't finish catching up on posts yet, so didn't read what you've written yet. :)

Thank you to all that went out to search for Jennifer.

I am heartbroken to hear the recent news.
Prayers for Jennifer's children and family.
There is a special place in heaven for you Jenn.

RIP

Jillian --

I am so sorry that you had to hold your tongue and thoughts all this time to remain professional and not leak out any info. Easy for me to say -- but never ever feel that you did not do enough -- you certainly did and had many obstacles along the way. Your last paragraph about the condition Jen was found in -- that is something the public may never know via MSM -- but here is to oh-so-hoping that the 'preservation' also has many clues attached.

May I ask -- how/why did 'they' look on that road and had the location been bypassed many times before?

Thankfully and gratefully I have never gone thru this -- only when one of my dogs went missing for 3 days -- and that had me and many others worn down doing searches each and every day... searches, flyers, phone calls, etc... in the end, he was found safe and not far from home...

This certainly is not over and I hope that all the armchair sleuthing done on this site may have helped or will help LE and those involved find the answers needed for complete closure.

ORR (OffRoadRunner) said that this is one of the areas that was searched by helicopter. He mentioned the time frame upthread. Can't remember when exactly that was though...2-3 weeks ago?

Press conference by District Attorney and Sheriff's Office at 8:00 am.
Stay tuned.

On another note, are we already predicting what spins on this others are going to take, namely the suspect who will likely be charged when the autopsy is complete tomorrow?

<modsnip>

Suicide has already been mentioned somewhere, unfortunately, as has a drug overdose.

We know there was a substantial amount of blood found under the seat of the van. So, unless she stumbled from her van with a gaping head wound, and with a serious loss of blood, down route 23, over 10 miles (?), climbed into a ditch on Center Road in Pharsalia, <modsnip>, and then at least partially buried herself, all while being unseen by any passersby, I would say, "No."

I see a sudden onslaught of theories coming this way.

I hope the press conference will be posted online tomorrow, but if not, could someone give us a run-down here? TIA.

I look forward to an arrest, and I also look forward to watching as certain parties are forced to eat their words (except, like Jillian says, they'll more likely continue to try to spin the story anywhere other than GR being responsible).

Will the press conference be able to be streamed online? It will be 8pm for me here so finally something I could maybe watch in real time.

WestCoastLady,

I am sorry to hear about your Dad.
I am sorry you weren't able to get the help that
you needed at the time.

Prayers for you.

Will the press conference be able to be streamed online? It will be 8pm for me here so finally something I could maybe watch in real time.

good question. not sure. this information wasn't made public (at least i haven't seen it in MSM yet). if it's not streamed, check www.thedailystar.com right after. the online edition of that newspaper is up around that time.

WestCoastLady,

I am sorry to hear about your Dad.
I am sorry you weren't able to get the help that
you needed at the time.

Prayers for you.

Thank you. Counseling wasn't a readily accepted thing back then and my Mom had been through many life losses (her Dad died when she was 8, she grew up very poor during the Depression, she lost many of her friends in WWII, she lost her first son at the age of 3 - and that's just off the top of my head!). Getting on with life was just what she was used to.....and hind sight is always 20/20....but EVERY TIME I hear of a child losing a parent - well, it brings it all back!

And with that, I'm going to try to sleep for a few hours.....g'nite all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23