Deceased/Not Found NY - Jessica Lopez, 36, Windsor Motel, car found abandoned, Newburgh, 1 Nov 2019 *arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
lopez_yessica_mv50ca

CITY OF NEWBURGH - Several law enforcement agencies are searching for a Newburgh woman who has been reported missing since Nov. 1.

Jessica Lopez, 36, whom many refer to as “Yessica,” was last seen near her vehicle outside her home on Dubois Street, according to City of Newburgh police.

Her vehicle was recovered Sunday evening in the parking lot of Showtime Cinemas in the Town of Newburgh, according to information from City of Newburgh and New Windsor police.

More at Police searching for missing Newburgh woman

Police: Newburgh woman went missing after night out with friends

Newburgh Teacher Last Seen At Chili's Has Been Missing More Than A Week

Newburgh has a population of about 28 000 and it's about 60 miles from NYC.

Last edited:
Police: Newburgh woman went missing after night out with friends
Short report, but interesting for a few details:
Discrepancies in reporting, for in the article I’ve linked, it says police say she was last seen at the Chili’s Restaurant, whereas the other articles say near her vehicle outside her home.

Above article also says
A social media lead helped him find Jessica's car in the Showtime parking lot on Wednesday, a place he says she wouldn't normally be.
but other articles say the car was recovered on Sunday.

My question: did anyone from the family home actually see her after being dropped off after dinner at Chili’s and before getting in her car and driving off, or is this what was reported by the friend?

Another fact of interest:
Her brother told News12 that his sister sent a few texts on Sat, but didn’t show up on Sun to take their parents to church.

Snipped from the OP...FWIW:

...Ernesto Lopez said his sister had been working at a health clinic in Newburgh until recently, when she quit her job to care for their father, who is ill.

...That Jessica has gone missing is a terrible blow to a family already grieving for her and Ernesto Lopez’s brother, Franklin Lopez, who died in December 2018.

Police are being tight-lipped about any possible clues, including an alleged 2012 assault that Lopez posted about on Facebook in which she claimed she was beaten by two people and left in a coma.

Police confirm the FBI Safe Streets Task Force has now joined the investigation, as friends and community activists are taking to social media to plead for information leading to her safe return.
Officials ramp up search for missing Newburgh teacher

Investigators have now determined that she was last seen at Windsor Motel on Route 9W in the Town of New Windsor in the early morning hours of November 3. The City of Newburgh woman’s car, a silver 2005 Toyota Camry with NY license plates JDC9597, was later located by police at Showtime Cinema on Route 300 in the Town of Newburgh.
Breaking News... Police now say Yessica Lopez is missing under ‘suspicious circumstances’ - Mid Hudson News

Lopez’s silver 2005 Toyota Camry was located by police at the Showtime Cinema on Route 300 in Newburgh, and investigators are asking the community to help determine a timeline of where her vehicle was traveling between 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 3. Local business owners and homeowners have also been asked to review any potential surveillance video to help determine what may have happened to Lopez.

2_lziq15.jpeg
New Details, Photos Released In Case Of Missing Area Teacher
(*more photos of car at link)

Seems locals think that her being at the motel is not good. It is apparently known for drug addicts, working women, and just not good people all around. MOO but that is concerning, as she seems like a woman who has her head on her shoulders and not the type to associate with those people. Stranger things have happened though. IMO I don't think she would not contact her family if she was safe, seemed like they were pretty close (her helping to take care of her father, supposed to take them to church on Sunday)... Ugh I am trying to stay positive.

It's a shame there is so little news on this case. This is only 45 minutes from where I live and the area isn't the greatest. The motel she was last seen at has been known to have bad activities associated with it. Hoping for the best, but there is so little to go on.

So who is this "friend"that she met for dinner? Also who, besides her "friend", saw her leave in her car?
If it's all that friend's word, then I am not sure I would 100% believe them. Is it possible that she in fact went with this friend to the motel, for whatever, reason and something happened to her there. I find it suspicious that her car was found around the Chili's where she was meeting said friend.

So who is this "friend"that she met for dinner? Also who, besides her "friend", saw her leave in her car?
If it's all that friend's word, then I am not sure I would 100% believe them. Is it possible that she in fact went with this friend to the motel, for whatever, reason and something happened to her there. I find it suspicious that her car was found around the Chili's where she was meeting said friend.
Her brother said she definitely went home first, but it doesn't explain how they know this. It seems they are keeping alot close to the vest on this.

Her brother said she definitely went home first, but it doesn't explain how they know this. It seems they are keeping alot close to the vest on this.
I wonder if it's as simple as her car was there, then it wasn't.
I think LE knows what happened. They are just waiting to find the evidence. I don't think it's good either :-(

I'm confused. She goes to dinner, friend drops her off at home, and sees her get into her car?!?! And now she's missing?

Or friend went into home with her, there was a fight and he/she drove that car to Chili's then went back to get his/her car. Hence the brother knowing she was home and police saying suspicious. I could be way off, still reading but throwing it out there. IMO

That motel has some of the worst reviews I've ever seen. I stayed at an equally shady place once in Miami called Runway Inn, but I was deceived by photos and just wanted sleep on a layover. No real reason to stay in places like that unless you are unfamiliar to the city (I was).

I’m assuming this is one of “those cases” where they’re piecing it together behind closed doors instead of asking the public for any help... since the FBI is involved I think she’s likely not alive and maybe won’t be reported about until charges made, moo
:(

Police are being tight-lipped about any possible clues, including an alleged 2012 assault that Lopez posted about on Facebook in which she claimed she was beaten by two people and left in a coma.

I wonder how much, if anything, this plays into the situation. 2012 was a long time ago, so you'd think it was unrelated, but stranger things have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back