NY NY - Jordan Taylor, 29, law student @ CUNY, phone & wallet found at two different locations, Queens, 6 Jan 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
322955128_696407445519808_5019351820944133512_n-768x757.jpeg

Surveillance-of-Jordan-Taylor-at-barber-shop.jpg

KEW GARDENS, Queens (PIX11) — The family of missing CUNY law student Jordan Taylor was asking for the public’s help in finding him, after his phone was discovered on a street in Hell’s Kitchen early on Jan. 7.

“Someone found the phone around 46th or 47th Street and handed it to police,” Taylor’s brother, Al, told PIX11 News.

The family is concerned that Jordan Taylor’s wallet was found downtown on West Street, not far from the Goldman Sachs building, although his cash and credit cards remained intact in the wallet, according to Taylor’s brother.

More at Missing law student’s phone found in Hell’s Kitchen

This is super concerning. I wish they'd share where Jordan was actually last seen--between Midtown, Times Square, Port Authority and the Financial District, there are probably about a million people. They need to narrow it down.

He seems like such a sweet person from his social media. I wonder what time of day his items were found and what time he was last seen - is the 7:00 PM timestamp on the barbershop pic accurate? The phone and wallet were found very far apart. <modsnip - no link to source for image> The wallet was found near the Goldman Sachs building on West. 30 minutes minimum by train, over an hour walking distance.

The entire route would almost certainly be populated, not many empty streets in that part of Manhattan on a Friday during commuting time.

<modsnip - no link to source for image>

Last edited by a moderator:
I live right by battery park and west street is behind my apartment. Just saw his poster last night. I know travel time says 27-29 mins but realistically it’s a bit quicker to get downtown than that. The fact that his cash and cards were inside his wallet, with his phone being uptown, and battery park being near water is very concerning. There are so many cameras down here though, they need to get that footage. I wonder if they have been able to do that yet or not.

He seems like such a sweet person from his social media. I wonder what time of day his items were found and what time he was last seen - is the 7:00 PM timestamp on the barbershop pic accurate? The phone and wallet were found very far apart. <modsnip - no link to source for image> The wallet was found near the Goldman Sachs building on West. 30 minutes minimum by train, over an hour walking distance.

The entire route would almost certainly be populated, not many empty streets in that part of Manhattan on a Friday during commuting time.

<modsnip - no link to source for image>
According to an MSN article, he was uptown during 9pm-12am timeframe. He came downtown late at night, it is desolate here at that time. Especially near Battery Park

I went to the same law school as this guy. He apparently frequented this gay club downtown called the Q, which I've been to before. It is a bit of a sketchy nightclub and someone was I believe robbed and killed after leaving it recently. I believe one of his belongings was found near to there <modsnip - no link>. Don't know him personally since I graduated before he started attending but we know one or two people in common and were about the same age too.

Missing law student’s phone found in Hell’s Kitchen - bbm

KEW GARDENS, Queens (PIX11) — The family of missing CUNY law student Jordan Taylor was asking for the public’s help in finding him, after his phone was discovered on a street in Hell’s Kitchen early on Jan. 7.
“Someone found the phone around 46th or 47th Street and handed it to police,” Taylor’s brother, Al, told PIX11 News.
The family is concerned that Jordan Taylor’s wallet was found downtown on West Street, not far from the Goldman Sachs building, although his cash and credit cards remained intact in the wallet, according to Taylor’s brother.
“My brother was going to CUNY law school,” Al Taylor said of his 29-year-old sibling. “This was his first semester. He was a little stressed out about finals. We were trying to be supportive.”

Jordan Taylor had been living in a family apartment in Queens while he attended law school. He had changed his Facebook profile photo shortly before disappearing, wearing a white face mask in the picture.
Surveillance footage from Hustle Barbershop on Hillside Avenue in Richmond Hill showed Taylor leaving the shop shortly after 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6. He was wearing a black and red argyle sweater, black pants, a black coat and the white face mask.
Surveillance footage from Hustle Barbershop on Hillside Avenue in Richmond Hill showed Jordan Taylor leaving the shop
Surveillance footage from Hustle Barbershop on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023.

“He seemed a little off,” barber Rafael Padilla told PIX11 News Monday. “He didn’t let me give him a full haircut. He didn’t wait for the haircut. He said he had to go. I asked the boss what to do. He said, ‘Let him go,’ and he stood outside for like five minutes.”
Al Taylor said his mother was able to track Jordan’s movements by checking his phone records.

Al Taylor said the records indicate Jordan was in the area of the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Times Square between 9 p.m. and midnight on Jan. 6.

“Maybe he was meeting someone,” Al Taylor said.
The brother said Jordan Taylor’s phone was found on the street in Hell’s Kitchen a bit after 1:30 a.m. on Jan. 7.
The location wasn’t far from the Q nightclub, a spot Jordan Taylor has visited before, according to Taylor’s friends.
“They told me that he was getting emails from there,” Al Taylor said, “and we confirmed that by checking his email, his Gmail account.”

Long Island man last seen in barbershop after New Year’s

The Q has been in the headlines since the spring of 2022, in connection with patrons who were allegedly targeted by a robbery ring as they were leaving. One of the patrons, out-of-towner John Umberger, was given a fatal cocktail of fentanyl and lidocaine, before he was robbed of thousands.
There is no evidence yet that Jordan Taylor visited The Q on Jan. 6.
When Taylor’s mother tried to find her son through his phone on Jan. 7, “We tracked it to 54th Street, which is the police precinct. 306 West 54 Street. The phone was there but he was not.”
Before Jordan Taylor attended CUNY Law School, he graduated with a double major in political science and Black studies from SUNY New Paltz.
At one point, he worked on the congressional campaign for Antonio Delgado, now the lieutenant governor of New York State.
“He was also involved in Black Lives Matter,” Al Taylor said. “He was very involved in community and grassroots efforts.”
A missing persons report has been filed for Jordan Taylor with the 107 Precinct in Queens, since Taylor was living in the borough while attending law school.

I live right by battery park and west street is behind my apartment. Just saw his poster last night. I know travel time says 27-29 mins but realistically it’s a bit quicker to get downtown than that. The fact that his cash and cards were inside his wallet, with his phone being uptown, and battery park being near water is very concerning. There are so many cameras down here though, they need to get that footage. I wonder if they have been able to do that yet or not.
Did you see a poster on the street? I hope so. I'm somewhat amazed that the phone found uptown was turned into the police and that the wallet was found with the cash and cards inside--I wonder if that was also turned into the police--there are honest people in the world! I hope Jordan is okay, he sounds like a good guy from the little I've been able to find out about him.

The Rockland County Sheriff's Office is sharing flyers on social media, hoping someone will know where he is.

They say Taylor disappeared on Jan. 6 after leaving his apartment in Queens around 5:30 a.m.

His wallet was found on West Street near the Goldman Sachs building, with cash and credit cards inside.
Taylor's phone was also found the day after his disappearance near the Q Nightclub on 8th Avenue and West 48th Street.
Jordan Taylor, 29, was reported missing  in New York City on Jan. 8.

Jordan Taylor, 29

There are conflicting reports about Taylor's last known location. According to police, he was last seen leaving his apartment in Queens around 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 8. But a release issued by friends and family searching for Taylor claims he was last seen leaving Hustle Barbershop in Kenwood Gardens at around 6 p.m. on Jan. 6. Surveillance footage from the barbershop showed Taylor leaving at that time and date. He was wearing a black and red argyle sweater, black pants, a black coat and a white facemask.

Last edited:
Jordan Taylor, a Spring Valley High School graduate who attends CUNY School of Law, was reported missing in New York City. He was last seen Jan. 6, 2023.

Al Taylor, Jordan's brother, said that by tracking Jordan's phone, they know that between 12:11 a.m. and 1:04 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 7, he was on 8th Avenue at 48th Street, near The Q, a popular club in Midtown. The phone was later found and dropped off at the 18th Precinct at West 54th Street.

"A bunch of his friends have been helping us search," Al Taylor said. "We've got people looking, we just are hoping we find him soon."

Al

JAN 20

NEW YORK — A family remains hopeful that their missing relative, a CUNY law student, will be found safe after he went missing in Manhattan nearly two weeks ago.

Which makes the case even more troubling: Police found a lead two miles away in a different district from where Jordan Taylor was last seen alive. His wallet was found on West Street near the Goldman Sachs building in Battery Park City, while his phone was found more than three miles away in Hell’s Kitchen.

More at Where Is Jordan Taylor? NYC College Boy Disappears After Visiting Manhattan Bar

Not a lot of new information in this NBC story but I'm glad his case is continuing to get coverage. His brother is interviewed and says Jordan spent several hours at Port Authority. I guess he's basing this on Jordan's phone--surely there are cameras there?

So was the time spent at Port Authority the last time Jordan is thought to have his phone? Where does that fit into the timeframe of his disappearance?

This article (Missing: Jordan Taylor, law school student and Spring Valley HS grad, last seen in NYC) says:

Al Taylor, Jordan's brother, said that by tracking Jordan's phone, they know that between 12:11 a.m. and 1:04 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 7, he was on 8th Avenue at 48th Street, near The Q, a popular club in Midtown. The phone was later found and dropped off at the 18th Precinct at West 54th Street.

Earlier I thought the brother wasn't sure if he'd actually been at the club that night (though he had been there in the past) and I do wonder if they keep mentioning it now hoping that the previous crimes will make the police take his case seriously. The fact that his wallet was found with cash and credit cards intact seems to make robbery less likely.

Last edited:
JAN 22

Concerned residents, community leaders and Taylor’s friends and family will meet up at 3pm on Thursday January 26 outside The Q nightclub (795 8th Avenue bw W48/W49th Street) near where Taylor’s phone was found one day after he went missing on January 6.

The 29-year old CUNY law student was last seen getting a haircut in Queens and briefly spotted near Port Authority Bus Terminal before disappearing, his wallet later located on West Street near the Goldman Sachs Building in Battery Park City and his phone was found miles away in Hell’s Kitchen.

He was reported missing by his family to police on January 8, according to his brother.

I wonder if they're able to access his bank/debit card info if his family or the police have his wallet to see if he purchased a bus or train ticket. Could have also been waiting for someone, or just getting out of the weather and sitting down for a bit? I'm sure there are working cameras in the terminal yeah?

JAN 22

Concerned residents, community leaders and Taylor’s friends and family will meet up at 3pm on Thursday January 26 outside The Q nightclub (795 8th Avenue bw W48/W49th Street) near where Taylor’s phone was found one day after he went missing on January 6.

The 29-year old CUNY law student was last seen getting a haircut in Queens and briefly spotted near Port Authority Bus Terminal before disappearing, his wallet later located on West Street near the Goldman Sachs Building in Battery Park City and his phone was found miles away in Hell’s Kitchen.

He was reported missing by his family to police on January 8, according to his brother.

I wonder if the article was revised since shared. It now says the vigil or gathering will be on Sunday January 29th at 3:00 PM (not Thursday 1/26.)

Very curious what information has been uncovered regarding his texts or emails. The barber is quoted as saying Jordan seemed 'a bit off. '

Brother says it was first semester of law school. When did second semester start? Was he on break, back in city after holidays, meeting up with old friends or new dates?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back