NY NY - Jordan Taylor, 29, law student @ CUNY, phone & wallet found at two different locations, Queens, 6 Jan 2023

I went to the same law school @scoodyboo. Usually it started in late January/early February. they don't know yet why he was in the city. he may have been meeting someone but the brother isn't sure seems like from the reports. Finals had just ended I believe so he would've been on holiday.

Brother says it was first semester of law school. When did second semester start? Was he on break, back in city after holidays, meeting up with old friends or new dates?

- Fall 2022 ended December 16
- Spring 2023 started January 17

Caveats:
- Google My Maps doesn't have an option to choose public transit as the mode. You also cannot do multiple destinations with public transit.
- that being said, it would have taken roughly 35 minutes to travel from Hustle to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, using the E train.

My own questions:
- Hustle Barbershop CCTV shows 06:58 timestamp. Since there's no pm or am, i assume it's 24h, but that can't be right, either. Is their clock 12 hours off?
- Previous reporting has given the time he left as after 5 pm and after 6 pm. Which is it? Is it closer to 7 pm or is that also an hour off from there?
- Assuming he took public transportation, wouldn't there be a log of some kind of him swiping? He would have to use a MetroCard, right?
- I'm not sure what to make of the reporting that he was 'in the area of' Port Authority Bus Terminal and Times Square. Those are two very distinct areas that are not all that close to each other.
- Let's assume that Jordan had both items when they were lost/discarded (this is speculation - could also be stolen and tossed away, but I doubt that due to the cash/cards being intact).
- then it is plausible that he was in both areas, since the wallet was found at Goldman Sachs HQ, which is close to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, while the phone was found at Hell's Kitchen, which is close to Times Square.

Other questions:
- According to the brother, he filed the police report at the 107th Precinct, as it is where Jordan was living.
- Where does Jordan live?
- Where (generally) is the family apartment where his brother last saw him?
- I get the impression that Jordan lived in a separate apt normally and was visitng the family apt, but this could be wrong.
- The barbershop is actually located within the 107th Precinct. it's a good 5-6 miles from the CUNY School of Law campus, but as NYC has extensive public transportation, I presume distance from campus isn't as big of a deal.

Sources used:

- Fall 2022 ended December 16
- Spring 2023 started January 17

Caveats:
- Google My Maps doesn't have an option to choose public transit as the mode. You also cannot do multiple destinations with public transit.
- that being said, it would have taken roughly 35 minutes to travel from Hustle to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, using the E train.

My own questions:
- Hustle Barbershop CCTV shows 06:58 timestamp. Since there's no pm or am, i assume it's 24h, but that can't be right, either. Is their clock 12 hours off?
- Previous reporting has given the time he left as after 5 pm and after 6 pm. Which is it? Is it closer to 7 pm or is that also an hour off from there?
- Assuming he took public transportation, wouldn't there be a log of some kind of him swiping? He would have to use a MetroCard, right?
- I'm not sure what to make of the reporting that he was 'in the area of' Port Authority Bus Terminal and Times Square. Those are two very distinct areas that are not all that close to each other.
- Let's assume that Jordan had both items when they were lost/discarded (this is speculation - could also be stolen and tossed away, but I doubt that due to the cash/cards being intact).
- then it is plausible that he was in both areas, since the wallet was found at Goldman Sachs HQ, which is close to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, while the phone was found at Hell's Kitchen, which is close to Times Square.

Other questions:
- According to the brother, he filed the police report at the 107th Precinct, as it is where Jordan was living.
- Where does Jordan live?
- Where (generally) is the family apartment where his brother last saw him?
- I get the impression that Jordan lived in a separate apt normally and was visitng the family apt, but this could be wrong.
- The barbershop is actually located within the 107th Precinct. it's a good 5-6 miles from the CUNY School of Law campus, but as NYC has extensive public transportation, I presume distance from campus isn't as big of a deal.

Sources used:
I think some of the locations in your post got mixed up. His wallet was found downtown in Battery Park City. That’s NOT near Hell’s Kitchen. Both Times Square and Port Authority are inside of Hell’s Kitchen (depending how you exit Port Authority, you can easily walk 1-2 blocks and hit Times Square).

Last edited:
I think some of the locations in your post got mixed up. His wallet was found downtown in Battery Park City. That’s NOT near Hell’s Kitchen. Both Times Square and Port Authority are inside of Hell’s Kitchen (depending how you exit Port Authority, you can easily walk 1-2 blocks and hit Times Square).

I never said that the wallet was found in Hell's Kitchen. I said it was found near Goldman Sachs HQ.

However, I think I did have the wrong address for Port Authority Bus Terminal. I'm not sure how/why, but i put the location down as 150 Greenwich St. Searching it now shows an address of 625 8th Ave. which makes more sense for him being in Times Square, Port Authority, and the phone being found near there.

Also, I forgot to mention that initial reports noted that his brother saw him at 5:30 am on 1/6. Has anyone built a timeline of the 12 hours from then until he was at Hustle Barbershop?

IMHO I hope this turns out well. School in general can be difficult but law school is a lot for anyone. He seems like a good person. His family has to be overwhelmed with concern. Information is still a bit off.

The Hustle Barber Shop is in Queens and is open from 9am to 7pm on Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat. Sunday 11am to 4pm and closed Tuesdays

The barber shop is in Richmond Hill (in Queens) close to an E train subway station that would take him into Manhattan.

(I was trying to find specific location in Queens of his apartment but can't find it.) Several articles about him refer to New Paltz area (north of NYC) as where he was living before law school.

Video shows him at 2:30am outside Goldman Sachs building downtown where his wallet was found. Seems to be walking alone. So that would imply he went down there after the club but would have already lost his phone.

There is an active Let's Find Jordan Facebook group. I hope he is ok.

Last edited:
It really bothers me he hasn't been found and no new information has come out. Just my opinion, but it seems likely there is more footage that police are withholding for whatever reason? Some camera between Port Authority and where his cell was found and where his wallet was found must be working.

It really bothers me he hasn't been found and no new information has come out. Just my opinion, but it seems likely there is more footage that police are withholding for whatever reason? Some camera between Port Authority and where his cell was found and where his wallet was found must be working.
Well, the video surveillance outside Goldman Sachs is relatively new, 4 days ago.

His brother is quoted in this article linked below that he is wearing the same sweater he was wearing in the barber shop video with no coat. (I think the temperature that night was in the mid-30s. It's hard to tell if he's limping or just kind of ambling along.)

This article also paraphrases that the brother said Jordan was worried about his final exam grades, so brother was worried about Jordan's emotional health.
Also, the article refers to the Missing Persons Unit looking at his What'sApp messages.

Last edited:
Bump for Jordan. Does anyone think he is walking a bit funny in that video? It could just be the poor quality of the video but his stride looks off to me, like he's making a concerted effort not to limp or stay strong/upright through his core. Could he have been robbed/attacked and disoriented and is now suffering from memory loss?

Of the two murders preceded by robberies connected to the Q club, one was found outside iirc and the other was found "in an apartment owned by his employer" which is odd to me if he doesn't normally live there. I was under the impression they were targeting men at the club by hitting on them first and then drugging them or otherwise convincing them to step outside. It feels so inappropriate to ask or speculate on someone's sexuality because it's usually irrelevant, but would Jordan have been at the Q with the intention of picking someone up that night?

Bump for Jordan. Does anyone think he is walking a bit funny in that video? It could just be the poor quality of the video but his stride looks off to me, like he's making a concerted effort not to limp or stay strong/upright through his core. Could he have been robbed/attacked and disoriented and is now suffering from memory loss?

...but would Jordan have been at the Q with the intention of picking someone up that night?
His gait does seem off, as if he's limping, but it's hard to know obviously. That was at 2:30 a.m. His phone had already been found north of this video location. So where was he going? He lost his wallet somewhere around here so if he wanted to get to the subway or catch a cab, he likely had no money. Except Gothamist article says the wallet was found at 9:30 a.m. so he could have stayed with someone down there. It isn't clear why he went to the Battery Park City area. But maybe his phone gave Missing Persons Unit clues. The article says they shared the video with family.

Worrisome that he met up with someone who harmed him But also so close to water.

Re Q club, brother not sure he went there at all, per article.

Heart goes out to his family and friends.

Last edited:

Of the two murders preceded by robberies connected to the Q club, one was found outside iirc and the other was found "in an apartment owned by his employer" which is odd to me if he doesn't normally live there. I was under the impression they were targeting men at the club by hitting on them first and then drugging them or otherwise convincing them to step outside. It feels so inappropriate to ask or speculate on someone's sexuality because it's usually irrelevant, but would Jordan have been at the Q with the intention of picking someone up that night?

Here's the strange bit: one of the murder victims, Julio Ramirez, was last seen at the Ritz, not the Q NYC - a couple of blocks over. He and three other men entered a taxi; the taxi driver found him unconscious and reported it to police. source: Case of Dead Social Worker in NYC Taxi Sparks Times Square Rally as Mystery Deepens

The other, John Umberger, was last seen at the Q NYC. In both cases, they were seen leaving with unidentified persons, the robbers had taken the phone and wallet, and stolen/cleared out the bank accounts. Source: Drugged, Robbed, Killed After Partying in Hell's Kitchen — Are Gay Men Being Targeted?

Here, Jordan is seen walking alone at 2:30 a.m. by Goldman Sachs, and his wallet was found with cards and money intact. definitely not the same M.O as the other two cases, plus his brother says that he doesn't think Jordan went inside the club (but was in that area).

It was first reported that his phone was found on 55th St., but then reported to be between 46th and 47th. That's at least two streets down (Q NYC is off 48th).

Having a hard time getting a read on this case.

Also, the PIX11 article/video says that Jordan was last seen at the Hustle Barbershop at 4 pm?? That's another, different time from 5 pm, 6 pm, and the CCTV time stamp showing 06:58 (which is 7 pm if the clock was 12 hours off).

I don't think its about the Q so much and mental health is a big factor in law school. I was in law school and it was rough as and many people I know had mental breakdowns. It isn't easy so I can imagine someone having a mental health crisis. I know many people that had mental health crises in law school that weren't good to say the least/required hospitalization. I hope his family finds him soon!

I don't think its about the Q so much and mental health is a big factor in law school. I was in law school and it was rough as and many people I know had mental breakdowns. It isn't easy so I can imagine someone having a mental health crisis. I know many people that had mental health crises in law school that weren't good to say the least/required hospitalization. I hope his family finds him soon!
Generally I agree that it's unlikely that Jordan was drugged/robbed like those two men, since he was seen alone and his phone and wallet were found intact. There have been a string of other drugging/robberies in NYC, but it mostly seems to be targeting people at clubs/bars with the primary motive for money. (source: NYC Robbery Crews Linked to Mystery Druggings, Unsolved Deaths of Clubgoers) Jordan doesn't fit either criteria IMO.

However, I'm skeptical that he had a mental break due to stress from law school. January 6 would have been 22 days after the fall semester ended. Surely, by that date, he would have already gotten his grades and registered for the spring semester? Can someone clarify a timeline of grades, registration, and dropping out or withdrawing from CUNY?

He was behaving a bit oddly, it was reported that he abruptly left Hustle midway through the haircut. Missing law student’s phone found in Hell’s Kitchen that article quotes an employee who says that Jordan wanted to leave, so he asked his boss, who said to let him leave, but then stood outside for five minutes.

..sometimes theyre late in turning in the grades. I can attest to this since I was at the same school and law school is always stressful for the most part. alot of people just drop out the first year due to stress or other things getting in the way. we also don't know what his grades were or what situation he was in either.

I didn't any updates on Jordan Taylor but I don't have Facebook and the Let's Find Jordan group is private.

I keep thinking about Sean Wheeler who went missing in 2003 and was found but not identified for years. Very sad and tragic for family.

"But the cases...have also included Sean Wheeler, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice who went missing in late 2003 after a car accident on the Henry Hudson Parkway. Although his body was found about three months later, floating in the Hudson River by a ferry captain, it was not until 2010 that a match was made."

Last edited:
I didn't any updates on Jordan Taylor but I don't have Facebook and the Let's Find Jordan group is private.

I keep thinking about Sean Wheeler who went missing in 2003 and was found but not identified for years. Very sad and tragic for family.

"But the cases...have also included Sean Wheeler, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice who went missing in late 2003 after a car accident on the Henry Hudson Parkway. Although his body was found about three months later, floating in the Hudson River by a ferry captain, it was not until 2010 that a match was made."

there was another one more recently where a girl went missing from hunter her name was Stevie bates. her body was found in the Hudson River though.

there was another one more recently where a girl went missing from hunter her name was Stevie bates. her body was found in the Hudson River though.
Stevie Bates disappeared in 2012 and her remains were found at a construction site in Queens in 2020.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back