Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I'm most confused about is why did Joseph return to the apartment after the ladies left... perhaps afterwards after more drinking and drug taking one of the guys accused the other of trying to steal something. Even then why the excessive force of stabbing him 15 times...

This James guy has to be the biggest idiot in life. So he gets arrested multiple times prior then stumbles on a millionaire who is smitten with him and not only gets his own lavish apartment, but a great job, and I must imagine, trips, an allowance, he's basically living the good life.. just to throw it all away and murder a guy you just met. Hopefully they charge him with the most time because the kid thinks he's untouchable. He's been arrested multiple times, and if he gets a lesser charge he's going to think he can get away with doing it again...

More info about the petition for change of name incl several quotes from petition at link below:

<snip> "Changing my last name to Rackover is part of my continued pursuit to change my life for the better and take the name of my real father, Jeffrey Rackover, to honor him and continue our family name," said James Rackover, whose last name had previously been Beaudoin.

<snip> James Rackover said in the petition that he learned in September 2013 that his real biological father was Jeffrey Rackover, a wealthy Manhattan jeweler who counts Donald Trump and Oprah Winfrey as his clients.

<snip> "Upon meeting my father, and together discovering that Jeffrey Rackover is, in fact, my father, he immediately took me in and welcomed me as his son," James Rackover said in the petition.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161123/sutton-place/jeffrey-rackover-james-beaudoin-name-change

more info about the petition for change of name incl several quotes from petition at link below:

<snip> "changing my last name to rackover is part of my continued pursuit to change my life for the better and take the name of my real father, jeffrey rackover, to honor him and continue our family name," said james rackover, whose last name had previously been beaudoin.

<snip> james rackover said in the petition that he learned in september 2013 that his real biological father was jeffrey rackover, a wealthy manhattan jeweler who counts donald trump and oprah winfrey as his clients.

<snip> "upon meeting my father, and together discovering that jeffrey rackover is, in fact, my father, he immediately took me in and welcomed me as his son," james rackover said in the petition.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161123/sutton-place/jeffrey-rackover-james-beaudoin-name-change

bbm: Failed

More info about the petition for change of name incl several quotes from petition at link below:

<snip> "Changing my last name to Rackover is part of my continued pursuit to change my life for the better and take the name of my real father, Jeffrey Rackover, to honor him and continue our family name," said James Rackover, whose last name had previously been Beaudoin.

<snip> James Rackover said in the petition that he learned in September 2013 that his real biological father was Jeffrey Rackover, a wealthy Manhattan jeweler who counts Donald Trump and Oprah Winfrey as his clients.

<snip> "Upon meeting my father, and together discovering that Jeffrey Rackover is, in fact, my father, he immediately took me in and welcomed me as his son," James Rackover said in the petition.

Would courts require DNA as proof of paternity?

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!
I know this family

I am on Datalounge and we've come up with a series of speculative answers for you. I'm sure any info you have to add would be appreciated. Not to dis the very handsome deceased but it looks to me as also a frequently too trusting woman that he partied with 2 shady looking men, one with a rap sheet. Wonder if it was a dispute over $$ spent on coke and then the killers over reacted due to roid rage and anger issues fueled by alcohol. One could have dissed the other and then pow, problems.

Does anyone have info on how James reacted to his crimes in the past? Did he deny, deny, deny? I know criminals often deny their crimes, but I'm asking if he put up a defense other than "I didn't do it."

Just wondering if his denial in the face of evidence is a pattern for him.

jmo

Father and Son or Father and “Son”?
The Relationship Between Jeffrey Rackover and James Rackover née Beaudoin

Several stories have been spun regarding the relationship between Jeffrey Rackover and James Rackover née Beaudoin, to better understand and attempt to decipher the reality, I have outlined each of these stories for you.

A brief affair produces a baby boy and a confession 20 years later introduces father and son.

A few years ago, Jeffrey Rackover informed family and friends that he found out he had a son when James showed up in New York with stunning news that he was his offspring.

The successful jeweler, a lifelong bachelor, told family and friends that he had a brief affair two decades earlier with a woman who lived in Florida whom he did not know was married at the time.

When she become pregnant, she apparently informed her husband that James was their son, and kept the real identity of his father a secret.

But after the couple divorced, and James' mother remarried, she eventually told her son the truth.

He moved to New York and confronted the elder Rackover with the news. The jeweler decided to embrace his son, and offer him a lifestyle that included traveling first-class, driving luxury cars, hanging out with an affluent crowd, summers in the Hamptons and watching football games in the owner's sky boxes.

The gem dealer said he hoped his son's move into a universe of well-heeled New Yorkers would also influence him to control his wayward streak.

Source: DNA Info. 16 November 2016

Paying It Forward: Giving a Troubled Youth a Fresh Start.

'Jeffrey never had children, he developed a relationship with this young man and introduced him to his family,' private detective Bo Dietl, who is the founder and CEO of Beau Dietl & Associates and a friend of Jeffrey's for 30 years, told DailyMail.com.

'Jimmy was a troubled young man and Jeffrey hoped to get him back on his feet.

'He got him a job at Willis Towers Watson insurance company and an an apartment in the same building he lives in. Jeffrey was on the 32nd floor and James on the fourth floor.'

…

'They first met, I believe, at a health club about three-and-a-half years ago. Jimmy moved into the apartment about a year ago,' said Dietl.

'Jimmy changed his name to James Rackover because Jeffrey liked this kid so much.

'Jeffrey is devastated by all of this. Something happened in the [fourth floor&#8206;] apartment but Jeffrey know nothing about this. He has no idea what occurred.

"He cannot understand what happened. He is devastated.'

Dietl also gave a timeline for what happened over the weekend.

'Jeffrey went to sleep on Saturday night, then at 10am he went down to Jimmy's apartment to walk to dog. The place looked fine,' he explained.

'I spent all day Wednesday with Jeffrey and his attorneys. He is extremely upset. He doesn't know what the hell happened.'

He then added: 'Jimmy had no father, Jeffrey tried to help him, he took him in.'

…

'Jeffrey took a liking to him. The heart that Jeffrey had for this kid. He tried to help him and look what happened,' said Dietl.

'Jeffrey is a big hearted man. I have been a family friend for 30 years and have celebrated passover and other holidays with Jeffrey and Jimmy.'

Dietl said he did not know the young man's real name and was not sure if the Mercedes Benz he was driving when police arrested him belonged to Jeffrey.

Source: Daily Fail. 17 November 2016

But Jimmy did have a father…His Aunt Tells All.

An aunt of James Rackover’s, whom she knows as James Beaudoin II, instantly recognized a Facebook photo that shows James Rackover holding a puppy, which he had called to tell her.

“No way,” the aunt, Rachel Boyd, repeatedly said during an interview after midnight on Thursday from a hospital bed in Florida. “I love him. He’s not the type of person that could do this.”

Ms. Boyd said her nephew’s parents and four siblings were in Florida. At the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., home of Mr. Rackover’s family on Thursday, a woman who identified herself as his sister told a reporter to leave.

Ms. Boyd said her nephew left Florida about five years ago, and they had spoken frequently until about a month ago.

“He just wanted to go away and have a fresh start, and leave the drama here,” she said.

Source: New York Times. 17 November 2016

DNA test confirms that James is Jeffrey Rackover’s long-lost son.

Exactly how Rackover, the lifelong bachelor, met young James Beaudoin remains a mystery, even to his family.

Several years ago, Rackover suddenly announced he had a long-lost son, James, who had showed up at his door claiming he was from Florida and that his mother had recently confessed that she once had a fling with Rackover.

The celebrity jeweler insisted a DNA test confirmed the relation, and he embraced James as his own, hoping that one day that his "son" would take care of him, friends say.
Source: DNA Info. 21 November 2016

Father and Son or Father and &#8220;Son&#8221;?
The Relationship Between Jeffrey Rackover and James Rackover née Beaudoin

Several stories have been spun regarding the relationship between Jeffrey Rackover and James Rackover née Beaudoin, to better understand and attempt to decipher the reality, I have outlined each of these stories for you.

A brief affair produces a baby boy and a confession 20 years later introduces father and son.

Source: DNA Info. 16 November 2016

Paying It Forward: Giving a Troubled Youth a Fresh Start.

Source: Daily Fail. 17 November 2016

But Jimmy did have a father&#8230;His Aunt Tells All.

Source: New York Times. 17 November 2016

DNA test confirms that James is Jeffrey Rackover&#8217;s long-lost son.

Source: DNA Info. 21 November 2016

We'll have to take our pick, I suppose, of what version to believe. The "DNA testing" could be what Jeffrey claimed to have happened. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's true.

Maybe they are indeed long-lost father and son. I very much doubt it...but, maybe.

jmopinion

We'll have to take our pick, I suppose, of what version to believe. The "DNA testing" could be what Jeffrey claimed to have happened. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's true.

Maybe they are indeed long-lost father and son. I very much doubt it...but, maybe.

jmopinion

The fact that the DNA test stuff is attributed to "friends say" makes me skeptical.

What stood out most to me is this tidbit from former NYPD detective Bo Dietl:
Dietl said he did not know the young man's real name

Bo Dietl is one of New York's top private investigator's and a friend of Jeffrey Rackover's for 30+ years. It's really difficult to believe that Bo didn't look into James' background after Jeffrey told him about his existence.

<snip> In addition, police want to speak with a potential witness, [MG], a law enforcement source said. &#8220;He is not charged with any crimes in connection with this,&#8221; [G's] lawyer, Mark Bederow stressed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lled-nyc-party-conn-funeral-article-1.2885006

Is LE unable to locate him, or is it that he does not have to speak to them (his atty's comment)?

This is most interesting -- MG's history of known residences includes the following cities: Oceanport, NJ (Location of Comunale's remains), Tempe, AZ (college) and New York City.

MG graduated college in 2010. He is circa 28 years old.
Larry Dilione is 28 years old.

With this in mind, if they both attended a public high school, MG and Larry attended Shore Regional High School together and both graduated in 2006.

MG's employment history is sketchy -- stays at a job for 9-15 months and then takes a new job.

Let's Discuss: The Location That Comunale's Body was Dumped

The map below of Oceanport, NJ shows the location Comunale's body was buried and the location of an address [which has been redacted by me] that Larry Dilione is very familiar:
JzeMUhb.png

As you can see a large amount of area on this map is taken up by Blackberry Bay Park.

Let's look closer at the location Comunale's body was buried in relation to the Oceanport Police Station:

xmpTxKq.png

As you can see, Comunale's body was buried less than one tenth of one mile from the Oceanport Police Station.

Why bury the body at a location that there is a high probability that police traffic will drive by or a cop is more likely to notice a fire (remember they attempted to burn Comunale's body with gasoline) when there is a giant park so close? At the park they could have taken all the time in the world to conceal the body...but these two geniuses picked a location that's basically visible from the back windows of the Oceanport Police Department.

The fact that the DNA test stuff is attributed to "friends say" makes me skeptical.

What stood out most to me is this tidbit from former NYPD detective Bo Dietl:

Bo Dietl is one of New York's top private investigator's and a friend of Jeffrey Rackover's for 30+ years. It's really difficult to believe that Bo didn't look into James' background after Jeffrey told him about his existence.

What I found interesting is that BD was in the press talking about this immediately after news started to come out. He is no dummy when it comes to the press - he is experienced. He came out with his statements, imo, very purposely to distance Jeffrey from James.

It worked, imo. And, it worked because what BD said rings true. I think Jeffrey fell for James and the relationship they forged was beneficial to them both. That would be fine....except James was a criminal who blew the opportunities the relationship gave to him. Even if James is not the murderer (which we really don't know at this point), he brought this situation into the beautiful home that Jeffrey provided for him. Not only has Jeffrey's heart been wounded, his business could be wounded as well. The info that BD gave out, imo, was to protect Jeffrey from further damage. Jmo.

If they really are father and son, okay, fine. I just don't think they are, and that's fine too. (It's all fine until someone ends up hurt or dead!)

It also seems that the writing has been on the wall lately and that James was showing his true colors. It didn't have to come to this tragic conclusion, but I suspect the situation was going downhill before the night in question. JMOpinion.

All this is speculation.

What I found interesting is that BD was in the press talking about this immediately after news started to come out. He is no dummy when it comes to the press - he is experienced. He came out with his statements, imo, very purposely to distance Jeffrey from James.

It worked, imo. And, it worked because what BD said rings true. I think Jeffrey fell for James and the relationship they forged was beneficial to them both. That would be fine....except James was a criminal who blew the opportunities the relationship gave to him. Even if James is not the murderer (which we really don't know at this point), he brought this situation into the beautiful home that Jeffrey provided for him. Not only has Jeffrey's heart been wounded, his business could be wounded as well. The info that BD gave out, imo, was to protect Jeffrey from further damage. Jmo.

If they really are father and son, okay, fine. I just don't think they are, and that's fine too. (It's all fine until someone ends up hurt or dead!)

It also seems that the writing has been on the wall lately and that James was showing his true colors. It didn't have to come to this tragic conclusion, but I suspect the situation was going downhill before the night in question. JMOpinion.

All this is speculation.

I think you nailed it! Excellent insights!

I would really like more info on MG. On crime watch daily they stated MG as the roommate of LD
. The confession of where the body was buried is unclear as most of what I have read states LD said he and another person disposed of JC body at that location but does not name JR.

jmopinion

I don't believe they are father and son, either!

While there is evidence of a legal name change, I haven't seen any for a legal adoption. And if the DNA test showed that James was Jeffrey's biological son, adopting him would be redundant! (Not that I believe there was a DNA test, either.)

This is most interesting -- MG's history of known residences includes the following cities: Oceanport, NJ (Location of Comunale's remains), Tempe, AZ (college) and New York City.

MG graduated college in 2010. He is circa 28 years old.
Larry Dilione is 28 years old.

With this in mind, if they both attended a public high school, MG and Larry attended Shore Regional High School together and both graduated in 2006.

MG's employment history is sketchy -- stays at a job for 9-15 months and then takes a new job.

I can't seem to find out what "MG" stands for and I'm out of the loop -- can you help a newbie out? Who is MG?

So...the three guys who went to JR's apartment with the women - were they Joey, LD and MG? If so, that means James wasn't at the club, but the group decided to go see him at his apartment?

Am I understanding that right?

<modsnip>

jmo

Here's what James Rackover told the NY Daily News:

Rackover, 25, the surrogate son of a prominent Manhattan jeweler, said he stayed home to watch an Ultimate Fighting Championship bout on Nov. 13, a Saturday, and never left his E. 59th St. apartment.

Dilione, he said, was at a club and came by his house with a few people around 4 a.m. He said he knows Dilione through an ex-girlfriend. The group stayed at Rackover&#8217;s place until about 7 a.m., drinking and hanging out. There were no arguments that could have provoked the ghastly killing, Rackover said.

I'm somewhat bothered by the NY Daily News not using direct quotes from James in reporting this information.

The New York Times reports per "police sources":

The authorities said that Mr. Comunale, known as Joey, had met Mr. Rackover and Mr. Dilione on Saturday night in Greenwich Village. As the night went on, Mr. Comunale, who was with three women, accompanied the group to Mr. Rackover&#8217;s apartment on East 59th Street.

The NY Daily News reports per "police sources":
Cops tell a different story, saying Rackover and Dilione met Comunale in a Greenwich Village club that Saturday night, and came back with three women to Rackover&#8217;s apartment.

Yet another NY Daily News report on the same thing:
James Rackover was home with friends beginning Saturday night watching the Ultimate Fighting pay-per-view event before going out to a Meatpacking District nightclub.

Comunale met his killers at the lounge and arrived at the apartment with three other men and three women around 4 a.m. Sunday.

The Stamford Advocate has details that have not been reported elsewhere or have been under-reported:
Comunale went with friends to New York City for a night out last Saturday. After his friends left, Comunale, who met Dilione and three women in a bar that night, accompanied them to a party at Rackover&#8217;s apartment early Sunday morning, police said.

The reason I pulled together all of these reports from credible, local news sources is to highlight that all of the reports consistently state that Comunale met Rackover and Dilione that night but none of the reports specifically state that it was the first time they met. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23